Airline Offers To Trim Bonuses

El Gato said:
So why aren't you doing it then? Perhaps it does not pay enough to your liking?
[post="274311"][/post]​
El goto
Going to stick my foot in the door here. There are a number of people out here that would do a much better job in CCY than the inept ones who are there right now. Pit Bull being being one of them. The reason your friend and others say nasty things about her, is that they're SCARED of her. Her passion, her knowlege scare them. She should be President and CEO of U. So why isn't she there in CCY, to fight the likes of Glass and company. About the pay not being to her liking, GREED is doing this company in, Glass and his cronies, being number one in that department.

Airways argues for retention program

CLT observer article.

Labor unions have roared about the proposal, which could cost tens of millions of dollars, saying it isn't fair after they sacrificed pay and pension plans during the bankruptcy process. The U.S. Trustee overseeing the bankruptcy case also objected.

Judge Stephen Mitchell said he senses the frustration.

"This motion is not playing well in Peoria," he said in court, after noting US Airways workers may already feel demoralized because of the pay cuts.

All I can say is give em hell ladies and gentlemen

Ok ..so I am in the minority. Let me just say that I DO NOT like the idea that anyone in CCY would get ANYTHING...BUT...we can NOT judge all management as bad. I am a f/a so I am NOT management. I am SURE there are exceptional manager of the 1200. there are also great f/as who are great as opposed to the bad ones... BUT, we are not going to be an individual entity for 1-3 years , so we MUST keep those that ARE good here. Believe me, i saw what it was like when Piedmont feel apart because of lost managers and lost contracts. Do you guys want that? Just food for though.

firstamendment said:
Ok ..so I am in the minority. Let me just say that I DO NOT like the idea that anyone in CCY would get ANYTHING...BUT...we can NOT judge all management as bad. I am a f/a so I am NOT management. I am SURE there are exceptional manager of the 1200. there are also great f/as who are great as opposed to the bad ones... BUT, we are not going to be an individual entity for 1-3 years , so we MUST keep those that ARE good here. Believe me, i saw what it was like when Piedmont feel apart because of lost managers and lost contracts. Do you guys want that? Just food for though.
[post="274656"][/post]​
There is no one here judging management people as Bad,

The problem is simply, Why should one group not be required to take HUGE paycuts,

And then, On top of that , Receive Severance Pay ?

I know that F/A's have sacrificed dearly to help keep this airline flying..

Usairways will NOT Fall apart if management employees Do NOT get severance..or retention.

PineyBob said:

The problem is simply, Why should one group not be required to take HUGE paycuts,

Very simple answer! The Job market for F/A's is limited by an oversupply of F/A's. The Job market for IT Professionals, Marketing, Admin & the like is not. It's basic economics. Remember Capitalism is inherently unfair and there are winners and losers.

Usairways will NOT Fall apart if management employees Do NOT get severance..or retention.

If the attrition rate stays as is, it WILL fall apart.
[post="274694"][/post]​
B.S. Bob, Pure B.S.

PineyBob said:

Very simple answer! The Job market for F/A's is limited by an oversupply of F/A's. The Job market for IT Professionals, Marketing, Admin & the like is not. It's basic economics. Remember Capitalism is inherently unfair and there are winners and losers.

[post="274694"][/post]​

I AM a f/a, and sorry, I agree with Bob here. :)

BoB
If there are so many jobs out there that will pay the rates you say, why have the in demand mangement not left already? I mean with Usairways in the shape its in and has been for years, why are they still here? And why do you think they will all of a sudden leave if they don't get this retention? I'm just having a hard time buying it, that they will all leave at once and leave this company in more trouble than its been in for the past 10 years.

bikingjw said:
BoB
If there are so many jobs out there that will pay the rates you say, why have the in demand mangement not left already? I mean with Usairways in the shape its in and has been for years, why are they still here? And why do you think they will all of a sudden leave if they don't get this retention? I'm just having a hard time buying it, that they will all leave at once and leave this company in more trouble than its been in for the past 10 years.
[post="274708"][/post]​

Let's put an end to this crap now.

Are you people really that stupid to understand
basic business principles? If you DON'T have
people around to run the DAY TO DAY business
of the company, then the company will fall
apart. It takes MONTHS if not YEARS to
bring new employees up to speed on a
particular job function. If the people who
are currently doing the jobs were to leave
in large numbers, the company would sink
like a stone in a matter of weeks.

Get it through your skull and allow it to
sink into your non-existent brain. No
personnel, NO COMPANY. DUHHH........

PineyBob said:
A very well thought out and reasoned response. Now let me try again.

A furloughed Flight Attendent who wants to continue to fly has limited options. One of which is to go to the bottom of the seniority list of another carrier (Assuming you can find one hiring) The company would be foolish to offer incentives when they have about 5,000 they can pick from and that's just furloughed US F/A's.

One of the younger IT guys I happen to know left US Airways for a $10,000.00 increase in wages. He was NOT a senior person. In fact I don't think he was 30.

So if you have a person with that level of marketability how do you keep him until the merger is complete?? Tell us! Give the court a better solution.
[post="274711"][/post]​
Real Simple Bob, If someone wants to leave the company for greener pastures, Let them leave....It will turn out like it did last time, the $6 million dollar retainer, Remember ? People will stay on long enough to collect their severance, AND THEN LEAVE ANYWAY.....If this situation were'nt so Pathetic, It would be funny that People actually believe this place would shut down if they left...Besides, They already have their severance money....Like I said before Bob, B.S.

PineyBob said:

And then,  On top of that , Receive Severance Pay ?

[post="274694"][/post]​

Bob,

I have to challenge you on this. IT professionals were at one time ahead of the nursing profession in demand. Guess what? it is not even near it any more.

Its called "outsourcing the jobs". Just for your fyi...

SpinDoc said:
Let's put an end to this crap now.

Are you people really that stupid to understand
basic business principles? If you DON'T have
people around to run the DAY TO DAY business
of the company, then the company will fall
apart. It takes MONTHS if not YEARS to
bring new employees up to speed on a
particular job function. If the people who
are currently doing the jobs were to leave
in large numbers, the company would sink
like a stone in a matter of weeks. 

Get it through your skull and allow it to
sink into your non-existent brain. No
personnel, NO COMPANY. DUHHH........
[post="274712"][/post]​

The other part of this equation THAT YOU REPEATEDLY FORGET OVER AND OVER AGAIN is labor. Where there is no labor, there is no customer service delivery. We've had 66 f/a resignations since Jan. And there was no severance. We had over 462 f/as leave between Dec and April through retirements, resignations and terminations. There was NO severance.

Tonight ALPA communications committee chairman Jack Stephan reported, "Today in bankruptcy court, Judge Stephen Mitchell heard closing arguments on the Company’s motion for their Transaction Retention Program. Judge Mitchell then announced that he would issue his decision on this motion in a written format within the next seven days. We will update you on his decision as soon as it is issued."

See Story

Regards,

USA320Pilot

• Banned
The one thing I keep noticing is the "no severence vs they deserve severence" argument. To point it out again, roughly $25 million of the $32 million for the MSP employees is for current severence benefits.

So the real question is whether some of the nearly 1900 folks involved need more incentive to stay, and if so, who should get how much. I'd wager that most of that $25 million in current severence goes to relatively few people - maybe it just needs to be reapportioned.....

Jim

Back