Airline Passenger Tries to Open Door During Flight

U

UAL_TECH

Link -> Airline Passenger Tries to Open Door During Flight

A United Airlines jet was forced to make an emergency landing after a passenger allegedly tried to open the left wing door during flight.

The passenger was reportedly subdued by passengers and air marshals.

The flight, United 890, was scheduled to land at 5:30pm local time at Dulles Airport. Instead, the flight landed without further incident about 10 minutes early at a Virginia airport.

Stepping outside for a smoke? :p

B) UT

All a person needs to do is attend a Management debriefing to see some specific weak spots...

Call me paranoid for my friends at UAL, but does it bother anyone else that these incidents keep happening at UAL? As if someone is testing that airline specifically for weak spots?

Actually way more stuff has happenned over at AMR since 9-11 than any other airline by far. New york crash, shoe bomber, FAM shootings etc etc.

Combine all that with the employee integration problems, huge debt coming due, wright ammendment distractions, aging fleet etc and you have a recipe for real problems.

Talk about an airline on the downslope....

JBG

Actually way more stuff has happenned over at AMR since 9-11 than any other airline by far. New york crash, shoe bomber, FAM shootings etc etc.

Combine all that with the employee integration problems, huge debt coming due, wright ammendment distractions, aging fleet etc and you have a recipe for real problems.

Talk about an airline on the downslope....

JBG

""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

"guppy",

I'm SUPRISED at you, not being aware of a Well KNOWN fact in this Industry :shock: :shock:

That being "THE" Horseshoe, that AA has up their A$$ for many, many years !!!

Do yourself a favor. Don't start playing HIGH STAKES POKER anytime soon. :blink: :blink:

NH/BB's

All a person needs to do is attend a Management debriefing to see some specific weak spots...

"casual",

THAT, is a VERY VERY funny post :up: :up: :up:

Bravo !

NH/BB's

"guppy",

I'm SUPRISED at you, not being aware of a Well KNOWN fact in this Industry :shock: :shock:

That being "THE" Horseshoe, that AA has up their A$$ for many, many years !!!

Do yourself a favor. Don't start playing HIGH STAKES POKER anytime soon. :blink: :blink:

NH/BB's

"casual",

THAT, is a VERY VERY funny post :up: :up: :up:

Bravo !

NH/BB's

Do yourself a favor, lay off the sauce before you come and make a fool of yourself again...

JBG

Huh? Whaddhe say??? :unsure:

He said "That being "THE" Horseshoe, that AA has up their A$$ for many, many years !!!""

I'm not certain but I'd guess that is one uncomfortable ride. Does the horse have his shots?

rawland031204.jpg

Airline Passenger Tries to Open Door During Flight
[/quote]
Can't happen in a pressurized tube! At 8psi that is a lot of force for anyone to overcome. Even a door that is 30" by 36" would require approx 768 pounds of force to open.
Just smack the idiot in the head with something and let them see stars for the rest of the flight while everyone else relaxes. People watch was to many movies and think they are factual.

Latest posts