Airline stocks giving thanks; US Airways in focus

Airline stocks giving thanks; US Airways in focus

See Story

Regards,

USA320Pilot

A320Pilot...

Thanks for posting this....just saw that same piece online. Unfortunately CreditSource is membership only site and could'nt read full analysis. :down:
Reading btwn lines tho is interesting. Fits into what u have been posting and what i have heard since about July or so.
Could be an interesting XMas round here!
Cheers and Happy T-day everyone!

This sounds as if we (US) would be more in line to be bought instead of merged with another company.

IMO

Or at least UA would be considered the "de facto aquirer" ie: UA CEO Tilton might have upper hand in retaining title over DP which is slightly different phrasing than in the past leaks on this story.
One of the things that I think has kept this merger from occuring up till now is the fact that no airline CEO wants to step aside and relinquish control.
We;ll see I guess.

I think has kept this merger from occuring up till now is the fact that no airline CEO wants to step aside and relinquish control.
We;ll see I guess.
Doubtful. I think what's keeping any merger from happening is the right amount of investment and credit in today's economy. Any CEO will step aside for the right sized golden parachute, which any motivated merger/purchase would include for the exiled C-level management.

Doubtful. I think what's keeping any merger from happening is the right amount of investment and credit in today's economy. Any CEO will step aside for the right sized golden parachute, which any motivated merger/purchase would include for the exiled C-level management.
There is always a golden parachute...
At least for the CEO's and upper mgt..

US hourly people will suffer too... Usually means paycuts...

To be honest, I would rather see Doug and Scott get a golden parachute than give them a chance to ruin another airline.

That said, the parts might be worth more than the whole at this point.

Remember this is the airline business. The likliest outcome is the one which makes no sense.

I hope everyone had a happy healthy and safe Thanksgiving...

My best to you all.....

Back