Airline Stupidity

most ticket sales are arbitrated in computer...you know, that new fan dangled thing called the internet.... if you are 1 more cent than the competition you don't get the sale...thats one of the reasons they can't make increases stick. the average person today knows more about ticket prices and has more purchasing savvy than travel agents had 5 years ago... its one big commodity now in the domestic US. you can only make money in a commodity biz if you have the lowest cost. You can't put a pretty bow around a gold bar and try to charge more... no one gives a crap about the pretty bow.

What people here are saying is that the airlines should collude or conspire to fix prices...aint gonna happen.

ITRADE said:
How is management stupid when they recognize that since revenue (i.e., ticket prices aren't going to increase) and decide that costs have to decrease. They immediately meet resistance from the work groups when they attempt any work improvements, efficiencies, or concessions?
[post="179959"][/post]​

My guess is that this management has done so very little but beat on labor to decrease costs (or even increase revenue) for the past 2.5 years. The TP (and I use that acronym for a reason) we currently see should have been done during the first bankruptcy.

Nevermind the operational charlie-foxes that happen on a regular basis. CCY lacks the operational acumen to toast white bread.