Airline Worker History Summed Up!

Hopeful

Veteran
Dec 21, 2002
Well, here we are. With the Judge ruling in UAL's favor to eliminate the pensions for retired and active employees, we finally are at the end.

I first would like to thank the TWU, who beginning in 1983, jointly with AMR, began the process of screwing airline workers so AMR could grow threefold by eliminating mechanics' jobs, creating B and C scales, a favorite of Crandall.

The 1995 contract brought us 6 1/2% for 6 years. And if you recall, the TWU didn't even fight for the hefty 1% a year increase like we enjoy now. Now we had to wait three years for 3% and another three years for the remaining 3 1/2%.

AND ALL THIS DURING THE MOST PROFITABLE QUARTERS AND YEARS IN AMR'S HISTORY!

We are now in the third year of our landmark concession package. No need for me to give details on this one. Just check your monthly income and compare it to your monthly bills, including healthcare.
The TWU said this would save jobs.
DID YOU HEAR THAT MCI AND STL AND MANY CLASS 2 STATIONS?

The TWU helped write the first chapter in amicably screwing airline workers.

This brings us to sad final chapter for the airline worker. A judge sided with UAL and eliminated the pension plans for 120,000 retired and 62000 active employees.
They will now see their benefits reduced by about 27%.
The champagne must still be flowin at HDQ in Elks Grove.

Today, another judge will decide on abbrogating UAL's labor agreements.

ANY BETS ON WHAT HE WILL DECIDE?

If anyone thinks AMR is going to be the only carrier left with a pension plan while the rest of the industry has eliminated theirs, dream on.
This is the absolute end for all of us.

And since the PATCO strike of 1981, Lorenzo's raping of Continental and Eastern, and the post 2001 attack on union workers in this industry, I have one question:

WHERE THE #@$% HAS THE AFL-CIO BEEN HIDING?

NOT A PEEP FROM THEM.

The end.

Latest posts

Back