Airlines may never fly right on customer service, experts warn

end_of_alpa

Veteran
Contributor
May 8, 2007
Airlines may never fly right on customer service, experts warn

By Dan Reed, USA TODAY

Maybe all the hubbub about flight delays and shoddy service is beginning to register with the USA's big airlines.

Link: http://www.usatoday.com/travel/flights/200...e-service_N.htm

MOD NOTE: Posting articles content without the express written permission of the author and owner is prohibited by law, and by TOS.

Iread the article and I began to ponder the reasons why this is. I came up with a simple answer. Lack of Trust is the reason for the poor performance by airlines Consider these basic principles and compare and contrast them to either your worklife experiences or your experience as a customer when dealing with US Airways.
Trust - The basic building block

Trust is the foundation of ANY relationship
Trust is about truth, honor, integrity & dependability
Trust must be earned & then maintained.

A lack of trust will kill a deal, but if a customer has trust in you, then they rest easy, confident that promises & expectations will be kept and met.

Ways to Build Trust in Business

Clear Communication
Being on time
Honoring Promises
Not wasting the customers time
Following up
Over Deliver

So tell me? Am I on the right track.

First of all the Gov't didn't DE-REGULATE the infrastructure that airlines have to operate in, just most fares and most routes. Doing so back in 78 this could have been avoided. And those of you in big business
-am well know it. Big business would not stand for this type of de-regulation if THEIR companies were affected.

You wanted -al-mart fares, you got 'em. You wanted -al-mart service you got it. RAISE the fares and de-regulate the infrastructure and you'll see better service. Several airlines back in 74-78 when this was proposed/passed were dead set against it knowing the airlines would eventually fall into this abyss.

I blame the Kennedy , Kahn officials and the traveling public for give me a " cheap seat" but don't mess with my industry. Lets see what your business would do if so REGULATED as the airlines TRULY are.

:angry: :angry: