Airport Workers on Strike

Albert said:
Weaas we are getting this raise because for once all the stars alligned. . Most people are getting 2%-3% heck the NYPD just got 1%.Even the quart of oil you use every couple of days for your mustang will go up.Even the most jaded union clerk has to be blown away with it looks like we will be getting. And you getting your friend a job withh AA is how it should be done instead of the goverment setting the bar

Albert it's not completely about stars aligning. It's just going back to where we would have been if (AA) had not done concessions in 03. You do the math. We were at around $23 in 03. Now add 2% per year compounded onto that and what do you get? Yep around $30 per hour.

But anyway this has nothing to do with the topic of conversation. If you wind up making $30 stop being a cheapskate and shell out that extra buck for the Happy Meal and smile. Smile because you were fortunate enough to land a job that's going to put you at $30 when you probably have the same education as the guy working in that Wendy's upstairs. I can tell that you do.

Reactions: 1 person
And stop being jealous about my classic stang. I get quite a few compliments and offers to buy it actually.

Reactions: 1 person
WeAAsles said:
I got a High School friend who works for one of those subcontractors in JFK. $14 per hour after 10 years. Talk about BS. If they can get a $15 airport minimum over there (They will IMO) I'm going to pull a few strings and get him on with us at AA.
What those people make especially in high COL areas is assinine. It's criminal.
The can always move to Tulsa, sorry you lobbed it up there.
The minimum wage argument is an old one and for me, the answer is pretty simple.
If the wage is too high, the jobs won't exist, period.

Seriously, if you still think the company will raise everyone in fleet up to $30 and keep everyone with the same scope or better, me thinks your expectations are a bit high, but we will see.
My guess is there will be less folks enjoying the new money, and there will be other changes to the contract to offset it.

Reactions: 3 people
WeAAsles said:
Albert it's not completely about stars aligning. It's just going back to where we would have been if (AA) had not done concessions in 03. You do the math. We were at around $23 in 03. Now add 2% per year compounded onto that and what do you get? Yep around $30 per hour.

But anyway this has nothing to do with the topic of conversation. If you wind up making $30 stop being a cheapskate and shell out that extra buck for the Happy Meal and smile. Smile because you were fortunate enough to land a job that's going to put you at $30 when you probably have the same education as the guy working in that Wendy's upstairs. I can tell that you do.
If DL didnt  get their raise we wouldnt  be anywhere near $30. You are correct i only have 1 semester of college so the guy up at Wendys is probably better educated. But when I had my summer job as a teen I was smart enough not to stay  and ***** I moved on to something I thought would be better. So if you are so well educated you should move on from AA to something better and being an officer in a $h!t union isnt it

Reactions: 2 people
WeAAsles said:
I got a High School friend who works for one of those subcontractors in JFK. $14 per hour after 10 years. Talk about BS. If they can get a $15 airport minimum over there (They will IMO) I'm going to pull a few strings and get him on with us at AA.

You want him to suffer more by letting him pay dues to the TWU and the ASSociation?

Reactions: 5 people
WeAAsles said:

Weass you are making fun of my education? You have a high school friend who waited 10 years to make $14. Your high school must have  set all the records in basket weaving

Reactions: 3 people