AirTran pilot deal

I just finished looking at a power point presentation of the tentative agreement on our union's website. The union Board of Director's "qualified endorsement" of the TA is strictly based on areas in the crew scheduling section where improvement was wanted, but not received. This endorsement is subject to change, pending further communications between management and the union on clarification of language in the TA. I think the pay rate increases are more than fair. There is also a "signing bonus" in the thousands (depending on years of service) for each pilot. The only negative I see is a significant change in the amount of sick time we get. I would have to disagree with our President's comments on this particular issue, but it's not a major deal to me.

While it's never a good time to have disgruntled employees, I don't think the timing of all of this had anything to do with the attempted aquisition of Midwest. We've been trying to get this contract done for 2 years. As a pilot group, we've been fortunate in that we seem to enter the final phase of negotiations (haggling over pay) at the same time the majors either boost pay (Delta in 2000 or the first part of 2001) or begin hiring (now, to some extent). Our current contract already has the standard language about mergers/aquistions. The only change to that section was a minuscule change in scope.

This TA is a "show me the money" contract, and I think the company did just that. I'll go out on a limb and predict it will be approved by the membership, 75% to 25%. Results will be released the last week of June, I think.

CJ, Congrats to you Dudes and Dudettes for finally getting an agreement. It has been a long 2 years and as I have met and flown with many of you, I hope your working group will be happy. Maybe some day we'll see each other on a trip and I'll buy ya a Beer!

QA = The Fuel Dude....

CJ, Congrats to you Dudes and Dudettes for finally getting an agreement. It has been a long 2 years and as I have met and flown with many of you, I hope your working group will be happy. Maybe some day we'll see each other on a trip and I'll buy ya a Beer!

QA = The Fuel Dude....
Thanks. I can't speak for the rest of the group, but I've been happy during my 12+ years here. It's a real pleasure being able to work with people who seem to enjoy their job.

Thank God we're finally able to talk about new contracts where the employees actually receive raises rather than paycuts. Hopefully the race to the bottom has stopped and we can all begin to recoup some of what was lost post-911. Congrats to Airtran and its pilots :up:

Thank God we're finally able to talk about new contracts where the employees actually receive raises rather than paycuts. Hopefully the race to the bottom has stopped and we can all begin to recoup some of what was lost post-911. Congrats to Airtran and its pilots :up:

www.decertifyalpa.org. www.pearlgroup.org.
:shock:

[

This TA is a "show me the money" contract, and I think the company did just that. I'll go out on a limb and predict it will be approved by the membership, 75% to 25%. Results will be released the last week of June, I think.
[/quote]

Show me the money contract, yea right. This TA is concessionary and if you think anything to the contrary you either have not read it or your brain dead

By the way, what happened to the 75% yea vote. The TA was not even voted on because they knew it would go down in flames.

[

Show me the money contract, yea right. This TA is concessionary and if you think anything to the contrary you either have not read it or your brain dead

By the way, what happened to the 75% yea vote. The TA was not even voted on because they knew it would go down in flames.
As I stated in the post on this thread, my comments were based on the power point presentation, which was the only thing available when I made my comments. Once the entire TA became available on the union web site, and after reading it and talking with other pilots, I was leaning towards voting against it. I made those comments, as well as a "revised" prediction, in the thread about the Midwest aquisition, on this board. I guess you didn't read that, and I'm sorry if I scared/confused/offended you.

The original TA was concessionary if you're on reserve (I'm not), about to retire (I'm not), etc. The pay raises I would have received would have been offset by the things I didn't like (that would have affected me). For me, the TA wasn't as concessionary as much as it was improvement neutral.

Latest posts