Alaska Airlines Flight Attendant interviews

F

flight attendant

Hi,

I have an interview to become an Alaska Airlines flight attendant. I want the job soooooo bad! I am horrible at interviews when I feel I'm on the spot. The interview is a group interview. I am a very honest person and I really don't make up fake answers to impress anyone. I wonder what kind of questions they ask...this way I can think about giving honest answers but putting it into better words without feeling on the spot. Anyone have any clue of what kind of questions they will ask or how I can better prepare for the interview?

Hi,

I have an interview to become an Alaska Airlines flight attendant. I want the job soooooo bad! I am horrible at interviews when I feel I'm on the spot. The interview is a group interview. I am a very honest person and I really don't make up fake answers to impress anyone. I wonder what kind of questions they ask...this way I can think about giving honest answers but putting it into better words without feeling on the spot. Anyone have any clue of what kind of questions they will ask or how I can better prepare for the interview?

Send me a PM and I can give you some pointers

What ever you do or say, if asked why you want to be a flight attendant, do not, (repeat) do NOT say "I just want to work with people." :lol: That is a meaningless answer because unless you are a professional hermit, any job you do will involve working with people.

I'm going on my 3rd interview thursday with my 3rd airline, the first 2 had different outcomes, the first went well (group interview) but the airline decided it was overstaffed shortly after that. The 2nd one was a sit down with someone for 15 mins and your done (It was awful!) The things I liked about my group interview is it was the whole day, and the team that interviewd us took the time to really see what we were all about. It staerted with a little "ice breaker" where we kinda got to know the people we were with (althogh the whole time they were watching you, seeing who took the leadership role with the instructions, who was cool when talkiing in front of the group, ect...) Then they told us about the job. Befor and after lunch we were asked 4 questions while devided in groups of 8. They switched up who got the question first, but it was questions like "give an example of a dificult customer and how you resolved this issuse" "why do you want to be a flight attendant" "give an example of an instace at your job when you went above and beyond the call of duty" stuff like that, mostly customer service questions. Just think about your answer befor you give it. Just dont think about it as these people are here to make me or break me, they just want to see how much you want to be there. Deep breaths, big smiles, eye contact, and honest well thought answers. Oh and dress very well!!! Well pressed shirt, tie, a suit would look very nice! Best of luck let us know how it goes! :up:

Also, if you have limitations as to which city or cities you are willing to be based in, don't even bother going to the interview. The company decides where new hires are located depending upon the company's needs.

More than likely for your first base you will not get one of the more desirable bases. For instance, here at AA most new hires/recalled furloughees over the past few years have been assigned to LGA, BOS, or DCA--three of the most expensive bases for cost of living.

If you HAVE to live in any particular city and they know that, you will not be selected.

Well guess my advice is worth something as I went to houston for the day and got invited to attended training for them! There was about 30-40 people starting and in the end I think i was one of maybe 3-6 people MAX offered to attedened the inflight crew training. SOOOOO excited, just have to learn all my airport codes in 26 days. How did it go? Best of luck!

Jeeze, airlines still make you learn airport codes before you are put on the line? That is sooo unnecessary. Like you won't learn on the line. It isn't like you are selling tickets or anything. I know AA stopped awhile ago. I think all the F/A's learned the airport codes without any trouble.

Jeeze, airlines still make you learn airport codes before you are put on the line? That is sooo unnecessary. Like you won't learn on the line. It isn't like you are selling tickets or anything. I know AA stopped awhile ago. I think all the F/A's learned the airport codes without any trouble.

Yeah, kinda crazy... not that I dont have enough to do in a month, like work 12 shifts a week at my resturant, only giving myself thursday and friday night off to try to get my finances in order, lol... this is the crazyest thing ever. So much to do, so little time!

What ever you do or say, if asked why you want to be a flight attendant, do not, (repeat) do NOT say "I just want to work with people." :lol: That is a meaningless answer because unless you are a professional hermit, any job you do will involve working with people.
Also, I love to travel...puh-leeze...

My favorite was when one person said, "Well, I've been a waitress for a long time, and this is like a promotion"!!!

Next!!!

Latest posts