All Cwa Members Read Read Read

youngblood

Senior
Jan 17, 2004
I haven't had the pleasure of reading the tweeked T/A. Hell, I haven't even gotten my pin to vote. I have been asking around and a union rep has informed some of us to read the last paragraph of the T/A carefully. Apparently, there is a clause at the end (I believed they referred to it as an early ejection clause? - could be wrong). It states in lamens terms that at any time the company is in Chapter 11 and in dire circumstances they retain the right to negate any part of the contract.

If this is indeed true, that alone should constitute a big fat NO! Whatever you do, before you vote read between the lines and ask many questions.

HAPPY VOTING TO EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Recieved my ballot before I GOT THE CONTRACT>

From what I read online, that was enough for me..

I called and voted by fone..A BIG FAT NO>>>>

I cannot believe the UNION negotiators agreed to such a clause..basically saying the company can decide of its own free will and terms whether they are in dire enough straits to throw out the contract during a reorganization of any ch 11, not just the current one.......and that they are free from claims and damages from such negation but that CWA can argue [in court] for claims and for damages because of cxling the contract( we all know how much the courts favor the unions by now, right??).......I consider this a major sellout. What about the CWA coming back in and renegotiating if/when things turn around sooner than they expect and before being stuck with these reduced benefits and wages terms for 7 full years?? Why wasn't this sort of clause included to offset their ejection clause?

The way I read that paragraph, it gives the company the power to drop
the contract in case they have to liquidate due to a strike by one of the other groups.

More Q and A to clarify that topic are supposedly going to be available Monday.

olivia said:
The way I read that paragraph, it gives the company the power to drop
the contract in case they have to liquidate due to a strike by one of the other groups.

More Q and A to clarify that topic are supposedly going to be available Monday.
[post="228225"][/post]​
I personally don't come to that conclusion at all from reading that paragraph(i.e.no specific mention of strike whatsoever as a reason to negate contract).

If they retain the right to negate any portion of the contract, then it is worthless...How about if we say we reserve the right to negate any portion of the contract, because of our dire circumstances?

Latest posts