All Labor Groups Must Ratify

Buck

Veteran
Contributor
Aug 20, 2002
www.fairtax.org
It is my understanding that for the whole deal to pass all labor groups must ratify.

The TWU in their Informer newsletter states that if the Ground Workers ratify and either the Pilots or Flight Attendants fail to ratify, that the company will not seek any further relief from the ground workers.

----------------
On 4/3/2003 5:38:14 PM AAmech wrote:

----------------
On 4/3/2003 5:16:56 PM FWAAA wrote:

AMR will file for protection from creditors within minutes of rejection by any group.

All or nothing. Anybody rejects the TA, everyone gets to see what it''s like to work for a carrier in Chapter 11.

----------------​

Oh won''t that be fun!! The only thing I look forward to will be the non-stop WHINING by all the NO voters. "Nobody told us it would be like this!", "I thought we''d go negotiate again!" "How come the Judge won''t help us?"

----------------​

I''ve got a sinking feeling that you are right. Too bad.

----------------
On 4/3/2003 5:00:42 PM WXGuesser wrote:

The Section 1113 letter (i.e. "we won''t come after you if you agree to the T/A") is independent to each T/A. I need to check the language on the T/A again, but I don''t happen to have the chance at the moment. Would some one check & confirm or deny?

Thanks!!!

TANSTAAFL

Thats my understanding too! But I wouldn''t bet too much on it. If things keep getting worse they just may attempt to get more from us. But Legaly this puts us on "slightly" firmer ground.

----------------​

----------------
On 4/3/2003 5:16:56 PM FWAAA wrote:

AMR will file for protection from creditors within minutes of rejection by any group.

All or nothing. Anybody rejects the TA, everyone gets to see what it''s like to work for a carrier in Chapter 11.

----------------​

Oh won''t that be fun!! The only thing I look forward to will be the non-stop WHINING by all the NO voters. "Nobody told us it would be like this!", "I thought we''d go negotiate again!" "How come the Judge won''t help us?"

Buck:

I think (and someone will correct me if I''m wrong) that the stock options, the 1.5% increases, and the profit sharing are contingent on all labor groups signing off on the T/A''s by 15 April. The Section 1113 letter (i.e. "we won''t come after you if you agree to the T/A") is independent to each T/A. I need to check the language on the T/A again, but I don''t happen to have the chance at the moment. Would some one check & confirm or deny?

Thanks!!!

TANSTAAFL

Those of you who are inthe TWU had better clear this one up. Below is an excerpt from a member at Miami from a union meeting.

Fleet service has full sick pay, no half pay issues. Fleet Service has a max of 5 weeks accrual, so they retain anything under five and if they have more they go down to five. Fleet Service was hit with a 16% base pay cut where as we AMT''s were hit with 17.5%. Other issues are relatively identical. The stock options package was explained to us and this is a scam. The profit sharing plan is not what it appears to be, another slap in the face. All work groups (Pilots, Flight Attendants and TWU groups) must ratify their respective concessions package or else all agreements will not be ratified. Now with that in mind do you think that if we as AMT''s turn down our concession package American will file?

----------------
On 4/3/2003 5:09:53 PM Buck wrote:

Those of you who are inthe TWU had better clear this one up. Below is an excerpt from a member at Miami from a union meeting.

Fleet service has full sick pay, no half pay issues. Fleet Service has a max of 5 weeks accrual, so they retain anything under five and if they have more they go down to five. Fleet Service was hit with a 16% base pay cut where as we AMT''s were hit with 17.5%. Other issues are relatively identical. The stock options package was explained to us and this is a scam. The profit sharing plan is not what it appears to be, another slap in the face. All work groups (Pilots, Flight Attendants and TWU groups) must ratify their respective concessions package or else all agreements will not be ratified. Now with that in mind do you think that if we as AMT''s turn down our concession package American will file?

----------------​

Theres one big glaring difference. They agreed to remove their cap on part-time workers. I think they currently allow 50%(which would suck). A bagsmasher might ask how come we come away unscathed on that issue?