Allegheny County Airport Authority to close express terminal

CLIPPEDWINGS

Apr 19, 2003
Forgive me for being being lost on this one. I understand the need to close the E concourse because of US reduction. They are also saying that they may close the D concourse. This is the airport authority mind you. Here is where I am confused. Mainline has all of B right now. A is mostly filled by express carriers already. C is mostly international and other carriers. Well then where are these flights from the E concourse be going? Mid-Atlantic....where will those flights be? Are they just going to do away with mainline asap? Can someone shed some light on this for me?

----------------
On 5/11/2003 8:15:37 AM trvlr64 wrote:

If D concourse is to be closed then they must be moving Delta, Northwest, Airtran and American to one of the other concourses.

----------------​
Just tellin'' ya what the airpoty authority said MIGHT happen. That is according to our all so dramatic, wonderful, news breaking, "live on the scene", news said.

----------------
On 5/11/2003 8:56:03 AM CLIPPEDWINGS wrote:

Just tellin'' ya what the airpoty authority said MIGHT happen. That is according to our all so dramatic, wonderful, news breaking, "live on the scene", news said.

----------------​

OH!?! That explains a lot. I don''t watch Pgh news channels. Why bother, they repeat themselves every 12-15 minutes. News here in Pgh should only last 1/2 hour tops. LOL

The real reason they are closing E is b/c it is sinking into the ground. Everyone in PIT knows they built the airport on top of landfills and coal mines. This is really convinient for US to close, since they are moving more flights out of PIT. Pretty much, if it can be reached from PHL or CLT, it won''t be flown to from PIT. The A CON odd gates will be used for MESA and CHQ jets, the even gates for TRANSSTATES and ALG/PDT D-8''s, and the end (21-25) will stay as 7 gate spaces and will house the Dorny''s. I don''t know where the SAABs and B-19''s are going. As for Mainline, I''m pretty sure they will be down to 9 gates by Sep.

Maybe after E closes, bags from mainline to express will actually MAKE the connection. There''s nothing like taking a bag claim from a passenger who had 90mins or more in PIT and the bag(s) still didn''t
make it.

Latest posts