Allegheny County Pushes Low Fares

BoeingBoy

Veteran
Nov 9, 2003
County promotes discount fares at Pittsburgh airport

Monday, February 09, 2004
By Mark Belko, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Forget Expedia or Travelocity. If you're looking for cheap fares out of Pittsburgh, you might not have to look any further than your e-mail.

The Allegheny County Airport Authority has begun to offer an electronic newsletter to keep travelers abreast of discount fares being offered by airlines flying out of Pittsburgh International Airport.

Article

Jim

You can't blame the county for trying something new. The vendors in the airport have really been suffering, what with the TSA only allowing ticketed pax through and the slow down in traffic. I think it's brilliant.

Too bad UAIR management has so alienated the airport authorities. USAirways could use the advertizing, and a cost-free way to generate revenue.

I think it's high time management starts to make nice with everyone all around. The county, the employees and the customers. It's obvious the old plan hasn't worked very well all around.

Or would that involve too much sacrifice of the collective egos? Surely there's a way to figure some face-saving tactic. I do believe it's taught in the MBA program.

Dea :lol: