Aloha Airlines Announces Convenient New Service Between Orange County and Sacramento, California

Paul

Veteran
Nov 15, 2005
Aloha Airlines, which provides the only daily non-stops direct from John Wayne Airport to Honolulu, Maui and Kona, is adding convenient service between Orange County and Sacramento, beginning May 2, 2006.

Aloha's 7:30 a.m. departure from Orange County will be the first flight of the day to Sacramento.

"The convenience of an early-morning departure from John Wayne and an evening return flight makes it possible for travelers to do a full slate of business in the State Capital and return to Orange County, all in a day's work," said Thom Nulty, Aloha's Sr. Vice President of Marketing and Sales. "And of course, Aloha's new non-stop to Sacramento gives Orange County residents another reason not to make that awful drive up to LAX."

Flight 467 will originate in Orange County, stopping in Sacramento and continuing non-stop to Kahului, Maui. Flight 468 is a non-stop between Maui and Sacramento that will continue on to Orange County.

Code:
	Orange County to Sacramento
	Flight		Departs		Arrives		Frequency
	467		   7:30 AM		8:55 AM		Daily except Sunday

Sacramento to Orange County
	Flight		Departs		Arrives		Frequency
	468		   8:15 PM		9:35 PM		Daily except Saturday

PR Newswire

Aloha Airlines, which provides the only daily non-stops direct from John Wayne Airport to Honolulu, Maui and Kona, is adding convenient service between Orange County and Sacramento, beginning May 2, 2006.

Aloha's 7:30 a.m. departure from Orange County will be the first flight of the day to Sacramento.

Let's all cheer Aloha's valiant maneuver to garner good press on emerging from bankruptcy! While I don't want to rain on their parade I fail to believe that many folks will be genuinely relieved not to have to wait on SWA's first flight from SNA to SMF that leaves at 7:45 am, just 15 minutes later! (Similarly, the return from SMF to SNA is only 15 minutes earlier than SWA's 8:30 pm flight.)

Still, I give Aloha credit for not cowering in the shadow of the competition and stepping up to provide a different product (first class seats, seat assignments, etc.) on this route. They have a long road ahead and this is a good demonstration of confidence.

Now if you want to go from SMF to SNA roundtrip, you have to spend the night. That is not that convenient.

I guess SWA gets the nod for day trips originating in SMF. (SWA has 7 nonstops in each direction.)

Can we get macadamia nuts on Aloha? I'd fly 'em just for that perk! :lol:

I guess SWA gets the nod for day trips originating in SMF. (SWA has 7 nonstops in each direction.)

Can we get macadamia nuts on Aloha? I'd fly 'em just for that perk! :lol:

...don't forget the POG punch to wash 'em down. Mmmmm.....

...don't forget the POG punch to wash 'em down. Mmmmm.....
I'd forgotten about POG! Yummy! Loved that stuff when I was stationed at Pearl Harbor then Barbers Pt during the '80s!

(For those unfortunates who haven't had the pleasure, POG is a combination of Passion fruit, Orange, and Guava juice.)

I'd forgotten about POG! Yummy! Loved that stuff when I was stationed at Pearl Harbor then Barbers Pt during the '80s!

(For those unfortunates who haven't had the pleasure, POG is a combination of Passion fruit, Orange, and Guava juice.)

...and cheerfully handed out on every Aloha or Island Air flight I've ever been on--even the 15-minute hop between Moloka'i and Maui!

...and cheerfully handed out on every Aloha or Island Air flight I've ever been on--even the 15-minute hop between Moloka'i and Maui!

It was impressive to watch the Aloha flight attendants serve 100+ people on those 15-20 minute jaunts. They'd whip down the aisle handing out a pack of macadamia nuts (you'd better catch it, too, or the darn thing would surely leave a mark on your forehead upon impact!) and providing your choice of beverage ... as long as it was water or POG!

And to think they'd do that 9 or 10 times a day, with a smile no less!

Latest posts