ALPA MEC CODE-A-PHONE UPDATE - May 21, 2003

----------------
On 5/22/2003 10:01:37 PM Twicebaked wrote:

----------------
On 5/22/2003 1:49:21 PM USFlyer wrote:

----------------

Welcome to working life everywhere! What job have you had where management fundamentally wants to work with its employees as opposed to squeezing every last dime out of them, union or not? My company is supposedly an "employer of choice", yet management continues to blame the economy, political climate, etc. for not providing training, career advancement and/or raises. It''s status quo these days from everyone I''ve spoken with.

----------------​
USFlyer,
There is one difference between your company, other companies, and US. The difference is that not only are those factors which you point out used as excuses, our horrible managment also blames it''s employee''s. They don''t feel we are worth it. ALL COMPANIES ARE NOT LIKE THAT.

----------------​
No. Not all managments behave this way with their employees, union or not. I know many corporate executives, and I mean many in different companies, that can not for the life of them understand U''s management. I tell them the only way you will understand their mentality is to STOP thinking good faith and fair busines practices. Once you change your thinking and start thinking in "bad faith, deceit, exaggerations, mistruths or half truths tactics, dishonoring agreements whether union or non union, then and only then will you understand this management.

This is our world here at U. And now Congress gets another taste of the "tin cup" out with this mangement with PA airport issues. And I can tell you, the entire PA delegation is NOT happy with U''s mangement on any level.

Sadly, I doubt John Q Public gives a hoot, not that I blame his lack of interest, I really do not worry about the workers in Asia, when I buy my computer. Now, that may just be me, but then again, we are all looking for the biggest bang for our buck. After all, America is built on innovation and free enterprise.

As far as what party is better, I am not sure it makes any differene. They will say and promise whatever gets them into office. Both Clinton and GWB accepted "donations" from big business. I think people drive the economy, when we are happy about the world we spend.

John Q wants to go to Florida, California etc, who flys him there is uimportant, all he wants is a great deal and the airlines, even though at loss, is willing to give it to him. A fare increase of 20 dollars is probably the difference between making money and loosing them, yet we are all scared of driving the customer away. They probably spend more on that on reading material and snacks in the airport.

Of course, not that this is a political board, I am a stern supporter of the flat tax, but that will probably never happen!

Latest posts