ALPA MEC code-a-phone update

Answer = The actual, as opposed to otherwise impossible opportunity for a jointly negotiated contract.
I'm afraid that that we would be in an impossible situation of a joint contract again because just as the East has traction on stalling JNC negotiations to prevent the new list, the West would probably do the same if the ALPA EC were to try and change the arbitrator's ruling at this point.

It is my understanding that the ALPA Executive Council (EC) has the power to change the Nicolau Award if it believes the seniority integration violates ALPA Merger Policy.
Can you post the language from the ALPA C&B, or from whatever source you are referring to, on which this "understanding" is based? I'd be interested to see it.

I'm afraid that that we would be in an impossible situation of a joint contract again because just as the East has traction on stalling JNC negotiations to prevent the new list, the West would probably do the same if the ALPA EC were to try and change the arbitrator's ruling at this point.

That's certainly possible. One thing that is pretty much set in stone is that the east isn't going to go for much by way of joint "anything" as things stand. This is a huge mess for all.

So Prater thinks there is a problem? Big deal. He didn't say that there was a seniority list arbitration problem, he said there was a problem of acceptance and understanding.

The real problem is that ALPA national did not have a definable merger policy. Now they are going to have to pull a rabit out of there hat, or gamble that they can weather the storm.

Phoenix you are obviously AWA and I am AAA but I agree with you completely that the real problem is the lack of a coherent, consistent, merger policy at ALPA National. The idea that ALPA policy is to remain neutral is BS. I hope ALPA (meaning you and me) can get it together soon or else risk becoming irrevelant as a union.

Quote by exB717Flyer: "If AWA should accede to the taller fences you desire what would we get in return?"
Answer = The actual, as opposed to otherwise impossible opportunity for a jointly negotiated contract.
So then you agree it's extortion. How lovely of you. Nicolau ruled, you don't like it, and since you can't attack him you'll extort us until we accede to your demands. There's very few things in life I'm sure of but this is one: your extortion will make us all suffer and it will benefit you naught.