Alring, So The Pension Bailout Passed

airlineorphan said:
You are correct ITRADE. Such is life in Chapter 11. It's one of the many tools corporations have at their disposal to impose their will upon employees. That's why us workers need strong unions to level that playing field. :D

Happy Friday!
-Airlineorphan
Well, individuals have substantial bankruptcy levers to pull as well.

ITRADE,
You are correct again. Individuals do have that lever as well. However, as a lawyer, I'm sure you are aware that individual bankruptcy laws are a bit different than corporate bankruptcy laws and have much less social weight than the powerful reach of a corporate bankruptcy. True, the aggregate effect of millions of personal bankruptcies does have leverage in an aimless sort of way, but corporate bankruptcy can be wielded with a much more powerful strategic effect. Like the wiping out of billions in deferred earnings for DBP members at US Airways, and many other companies. This whole thing has been no different than if I hired you and some of your friends, made an agreement to pay part of your wages now and the rest when you leave my employment and then filed bankruptcy and washed my hands of my responsibility to pay you your post-employment paychecks. Complex legalized theft, frankly.

-Airlineorphan

P.S. As much as I disagree with you, I have to say I admire your choice in dogs! :up: