America West To Hold Shareholder Meeting On Merger

I like using the "LCC" stock symbol for the new US Airways, which stands for "Low Cost Carrier", because it's catchy.

Meanwhile, tomorrow the bankruptcy court will hold a hearing on whether or not to approve the Disclosure Statement and it is anticipated there will be a lot of activity. If the Disclosure Statement is approved, it will be sent along with the POR with ballots for the creditor's to vote on it.

US Airways is also expected to ask the bankruptcy court to have POR/Disclosure Statement objections and ballots filed with the court by September 12 and the confirmation hearing to be held on September 15.

With the America West shareholders meeting scheduled for September 13, where TPG who holds more than 50% voting rights for the Arizona-based airline and has expressed their desire to support the merger, the merger and US Airways emergence from its "formal reorganization" should be all but wrapped up that week.

If this schedule holds true, the company expects to emerge from bankruptcy and merge with America West on or about October 3.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

PineyBob:

I have not heard anything new, but I will look into it.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

I'd almost wish they would go back to the unique "U"...but understand the reasoning for "LCC". Heck..."U" may not be available anymore.

Back