Another Investor Emerges

flybywire55

Feb 15, 2005
Dawn Gilbertson
The Arizona Republic
May. 13, 2005 12:00 AM

A veteran America West Airlines shareholder has emerged as another key player in a possible merger between America West and US Airways.

Boston-based PAR Capital Management, which was America West's largest shareholder two years ago and still has a stake in the Tempe airline and other carriers, is seriously weighing a sizable investment in the deal, according to people close to the talks. The talks are going full throttle in Washington, D.C.

While the pieces appear to be falling into place for a merger, the parties' most recent goal of a Monday announcement appears to be slipping because there are still so many moving parts, sources familiar with the talks say.

The timing would get interesting from there. America West's annual shareholders meeting, like most a generally uneventful affair, is Tuesday in Tempe, and its regular quarterly board meeting starts the next day.

PAR Capital's possible stake is believed to be in the same dollar range as Air Wisconsin's previously announced $125 million commitment to help US Airways emerge from Chapter 11.

See Story

flybywire55 said:
... is seriously weighing a sizable investment in the deal, according to people close to the talks. ...

.....PAR Capital's possible stake is believed to be in the same dollar range as Air Wisconsin's previously announced $125 million commitment to help US Airways emerge from Chapter 11...
[post="269312"][/post]​

:shock: .....wait a minute......no, hold it.....on a second look my stunmeter is still indicating zero....

But :up: for Ch*p because I think his prediction will be validated next week!

jm

I do not think this should come as a surprise. As I have been saying for week's there are multiple investors interested in providing equity to the holding company and the combined business entity.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

USA320Pilot said:
I do not think this should come as a surprise. As I have been saying for week's there are multiple investors interested in providing equity to the holding company and the combined business entity.

Regards,

USA320Pilot
[post="269329"][/post]​
brraaack...wot di tellya...wot di tellya...brraack....

usair_begins_with_u said:
what dont you know A320?
[post="269345"][/post]​

HE KNOWS IT ALL......... FROM THE POETRY PAGE ... THIS SUMS UP OUR FEELINGS FOR HIM...........

Please go fly a kite you make us all sick.

You interupt all the fun with your silly tips,
BLAH BLAH BLAH is all that we hear from your lips.

Please find a new Hobby and leave this thread be,
Perhaps Wiping the a$$es of all those at Crystal City!!!!!!!!!!

How about this one:

It seems 320 has run into trouble
Everyone now is bursting his bubble
We know his posts are full of bull
And nothing he types is ever cool
He says he never reads our posts
I guess the replys are from a ghost
Please stop please stop your posts are sour
But you go on and on every hour
Can't you read we had enough
Oh I forgot you don't read our stuff
It seems 767jetz has got you pegged
Your not invited when we tap the keg

USA320Pilot said:

Regards,

USA320Pilot
[post="269329"][/post]​

I thought you said we'd be stunned?

Heinrich said:
I thought you said we'd be stunned?
[post="269369"][/post]​

$125 million isn't in the neighborhood of "stunning" to me.

Perhaps if a dozen or more investors all step up with $125 million each - now that might get me part way to "stunned."

I heard there is a mysterious lottey winner in West Virginia ready to join the bidding before he wastes all of his money in strip clubs.

USA320Pilot said:

Regards,

USA320Pilot
[post="269329"][/post]​
Starving for attention are we?

Dog Wonder said:
I heard there is a mysterious lottey winner in West Virginia ready to join the bidding before he wastes all of his money in strip clubs.
[post="269422"][/post]​

With all the trouble he's been in (I hear first hand on the local WV news every night), he'd be better off putting his $$$ into this than in all the strip clubs he frequents, then gets ripped off and subsequently in legal trouble at.

Back