American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletterheading.png

The TWU Air Division launched a podcast!

Click here to listen to the inaugural episode. TWU Local 513 Strategic Action Coordinator Brian Parker hosts, along with TWU Air Division Coordinator Gary Peterson.

Gary explains what the Air Division is, who’s in the Division and how it works in support of the locals. He also talks about planning ahead for campaigns and the importance of member involvement to support campaigns.

You can also find episodes on the TWU Air Division webpage.

Stay tuned for a second episode this week!

If the Association has moved towards the Company position in any way since the NMB got involved it may be difficult to put us on ice if the Company is the one not moving.

The Company may move the Chess pieces around just to satisfy the good faith bargaining line and our next meeting won’t be scheduled till July?

If the Company “REALLY” was honest about wanting to get this done they would plop what they have down on the table and say this is their Last Offer?

That would then put the pressure back on the Association as to what to do from there.

I have ZERO confidence that the NMB will act with impartiality. Call me a cynic but the entire process is stacked in the company favor. The RLA needs to be updated imho, but thats another discussion. If the NMB was on the level they would have already seen the games the company is playing and moved this along. I`m pretty confident this "week" of talks will be about as productive as the last 4 or 5 sessions. Too many groups represented by two unions with different agendas. A company hell bent on dragging this out as long as possible. A fine mess the afl-cio and weak membership has got us into.

I have ZERO confidence that the NMB will act with impartiality. Call me a cynic but the entire process is stacked in the company favor. The RLA needs to be updated imho, but thats another discussion. If the NMB was on the level they would have already seen the games the company is playing and moved this along. I`m pretty confident this "week" of talks will be about as productive as the last 4 or 5 sessions. Too many groups represented by two unions with different agendas. A company hell bent on dragging this out as long as possible. A fine mess the afl-cio and weak membership has got us into.

The NMB only cares about one thing which is exactly what the RLA was enacted to prevent. And that’s to prevent any major disruptions to Interstate commerce. With American Airlines that expands out to Global commerce.

I’m not going to speculate though on what might or might not happen though because I’ve already missed my projections in the past and the Trolls on Forums are quick to pile on whenever someone is wrong.

The NMB only cares about one thing which is exactly what the RLA was enacted to prevent. And that’s to prevent any major disruptions to Interstate commerce. With American Airlines that expands out to Global commerce.

I’m not going to speculate though on what might or might not happen though because I’ve already missed my projections in the past and the Trolls on Forums are quick to pile on whenever someone is wrong.

Ha, I hear ya. I`m wrong all the time. Still I have not seen anything to make me think this will resolve anytime soon. I`m sitting here listening to GP and BPs new podcast now.

Ha, I hear ya. I`m wrong all the time. Still I have not seen anything to make me think this will resolve anytime soon. I`m sitting here listening to GP and BPs new podcast now.

I think GP needs to go back to the YouTube Video’s. Nothing wrong with trying to chase the next wave in Technology (IE: Twitter and Podcasts) but I think people want someone to look at when they’re getting their information more.

I got a lot more traffic sharing those videos than I think I get with the other information methods.

I think GP needs to go back to the YouTube Video’s. Nothing wrong with trying to chase the next wave in Technology (IE: Twitter and Podcasts) but I think people want someone to look at when they’re getting their information more.

I got a lot more traffic sharing those videos than I think I get with the other information methods.
Agreed but I do appreciate them embracing the technology available. Utilizing as many platforms as possible to get the word out.

Al, I have it on good word that there will not be any TA in the far future. The iam has doubled down on the iam pension deal breaker. And the company is prepared to offer "significantly" less in the future.
Weez and his handlers are costing us millions.
According to fly, the company believes it is negotiating with hillbillies and would welcome me to come into negotiations to clean things up, and would give me deicing, and keep catering for a couple more years, and bridge lus medical to jan 2022. In return, movement on the pension by taking the pension off the table with a 10% 401k.
Yes your exposure on FB definitely got the companys attention I guess they are looking at you as a voice of calm and reason contrasting Petersons rhetoric. Good luck getting the negotiators to get off their ego trip and step aside

Yes your exposure on FB definitely got the companys attention I guess they are looking at you as a voice of calm and reason contrasting Petersons rhetoric. Good luck getting the negotiators to get off their ego trip and step aside
you two are hilarious.

Weez and his handlers are costing us thousands. Fly says the following will happen.
1. Ice. The company has offered a leading industry contract and isnt going to enhance it. Period.

2. The association will move towards the company but it is meaningless since the union placed a $27 million ransome on the pension.

Obviously, the company isnt going to pay millions in ransome to the iam pension.

3. The nmb is recognizing the union as being severely unreasonable and will refuse to do a cooling off. We will be put on ice. 100% guaranteed and NOT cooling off like Peterson is claiming.
All second hand but Fly is on the wall.

Last edited:
Weez and his handlers are costing us thousands. Fly says the following will happen.
1. Ice. The company has offered a leading industry contract and isnt going to enhance it. Period.

2. The association will move towards the company but it is meaningless since the union placed a $27 million ransome on the pension.

Obviously, the company isnt going to pay millions in ransome to the iam pension.

3. The nmb is recognizing the union as being severely unreasonable and will refuse to do a cooling off. We will be put on ice. 100% guaranteed and NOT cooling off like Peterson is claiming.
All second hand but Fly is on the wall.
Is Peterson really saying theres going to be a 30 day cooling period????

Well this is interesting. It appears as though my former Local President is trying to cause confusion and make it seem as if he still holds an authoritative role here in MIA.

A4704C6D-B8F7-42FF-AA0B-96726B52527C.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back