American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you really believe that the contract language will read a job for the rest of your life? When the agreement becomes amendable then yes even the job security clause is subject to negotiated changes. You people are parsing words and demanding unrealistic language.

Meanwhile you currently have zero job security and are more at risk than current proposal offers. You are refusing improvements while living worse than offered. Keep pushing and losing. We will never recover what is being lost while you demand what will never happen.
i agree with everything, except, the job for life.
Most of us here have had this job for life, even without the new proposal.
One thing is certain, unless they close a station, under the jetnet proposal, we all will have a job for life at our current domicile subject to a new agreement. This proposal is going to go to 2026 now, then another 5 years of negotiations, so thats at least our remaining work life if we are at least 50yo.

At any rate, with samuelson refusing to take the path of the pilots, he is digging the hole deeper by appealing. Thus, unless you get amfa or amp, everything is shelved for 3-5 years to exhaust the court case.

I tend to bring out the best in people.

Also note that he said "fleet", the majority says to keep fighting. And this is what will hold everything up for the mechanics and other groups involved. Just another reason why the mechanics should have their own union.

You mean this drive?

"One thing is for certain: a TWU-IAM partnership will fail. It will not derail our drive for the strong Teamster representation we need and deserve at AA and US Airways. Let’s stay strong and stick together.

GO TEAMSTERS!"

https://teamster.org/content/do-math-twu-iam-disaster-aa-us-air-mechanics-0
teamsters called that one right on the marks. You just gotta love how true their quotes came to be, exactly right on and this was May 2013. What a disaster this asso. has been for the members...

Quote from the teamster union;

"It will be a combined failure at the new American – a dysfunctional alliance that will bring nothing but chaos and disaster for mechanics and related.

The bottom line is that two wrongs don’t make a right. This cynical move to jointly represent us is a recipe for even greater concessions, outsourcing and falling standards than what we’ve already experienced. The TWU and the IAM have had their chance. We’ve been through enough and this proposed marriage will end badly – not for them, but for us!"

We will vote on a contract by the end of September!!!!!

Dream on brother we won’t see a vote for 2 years at least.
This whole process has been screwed from the very beginning and the rank and file are the ones suffering for it.
Those 6 figure salary so called leaders don’t give a damn either.

The one thing that really ticks me off too is this will likely be my last contract of my career. And I’m missing out on the chance to build up my 401 because of not having a company match that is on the table, instead I’m being forced to remain in a loosing pension plan.
These union idiots wonder why they continue to loose membership this whole sorry process of not having a voice via a vote is one big reason

From CNBC, if only this was true for all companies, for that matter unions.

Shareholder value is no longer the main focus of some of America’s top business leaders

Jamie Dimon, chairman and chief executive officer of JPMorgan Chase & Co., listens during a Business Roundtable CEO Innovation Summit discussion in Washington, D.C., U.S., on Thursday, Dec. 6, 2018.

Andrew Harrer | Bloomberg | Getty Images

The Business Roundtable, a group of CEOs from major U.S. corporations, issued a statement Monday with a new definition of the “purpose of a corporation.” The re-imagined idea drops the age-old notion that corporations function first and foremost to serve their shareholders and maximize profits. Rather, investing in employees, delivering value to customers, dealing ethically with suppliers and supporting outside communities are now at the forefront of American business goals, according to the statement. Jamie Dimon, chairman and CEO of J.P. Morgan Chase, is chairman of Business Roundtable.

The one thing that really ticks me off too is this will likely be my last contract of my career. And I’m missing out on the chance to build up my 401 because of not having a company match that is on the table, instead I’m being forced to remain in a loosing pension plan.
These union idiots wonder why they continue to loose membership this whole sorry process of not having a voice via a vote is one big reason
Don't worry. The TWU always drags our contracts out until the economy tanks. This happens every time. So you don't have to worry about your losing money on the 401k.

The latest word from the IAM that I’m hearing is they are going to hold out and hope the pilots and F/A in their negotiations begin to pressure the company to go with the US insurance and bring leverage to the Ass negotiations
So yeah they going to continue to drag this out while we lose thousands and wait years for our deal

The latest word from the IAM that I’m hearing is they are going to hold out and hope the pilots and F/A in their negotiations begin to pressure the company to go with the US insurance and bring leverage to the Ass negotiations
So yeah they going to continue to drag this out while we lose thousands and wait years for our deal

No they won't.

They'll continue with the fight battlecry but the contempt case looms large.

An deal will be blamed on the Courts, the Judge, the NMB and anyone else they can point a finger towards.

It's a bait and switch.

hmmmmm

No they won't.

They'll continue with the fight battlecry but the contempt case looms large.

An deal will be blamed on the Courts, the Judge, the NMB and anyone else they can point a finger towards.

It's a bait and switch.

hope your right......

It's good business for the IAM to hold out as long as possible. It's clear they are doing that and you can't blame them. That will change when the court pops a hefty fine on the Association and the unions proceed to throw the members under the bus and concede stuff to not pay the fine. It's a big black eye for the TWU whose members have been punished by the bad choices and now may be further punished with stuff on the table pulled off. I hope not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back