American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Total failure is all you can say at this point for the Association. It really gets you wondering why we are paying dues. Add to this a management group that inspires no confidence at all in how they operate the airline. A real stellar environment for the work force to have morale fall off a cliff.

where there is no law, rule or order, there is no civilization.

as everything has progressively crumbled, the scammers thrive. workers who follow the rules and keep their noses clean, do not thrive in chaos, the chaotic scammers thrive.

unionized employees making their own sweet-heart overtime/work-rules contract with selected members of management.

80% of the workforce sees this, they understand they could never get the same special treatment and morale is in the toilet.

i don't totally blame former lus/aw management for this, much of this has been going on for years. this is operational-wise.

running the airline, i agree...no direction and failing to capitalize on the economy. for the new aa, booming economy = less premium seats. delta went the opposite direction and have surpassed us in revenue, despite having less flights.

it's my belief that any 'enhanced' profit sharing for titles 1-2-3, will be discussed in the next contract.

no doubt, aa will follow delta, with 3% more than delta's oct. 2019 4% raise..but, profit sharing is a monologue, not a dialogue, and the company controls and does the monologuing.

if aa goes this way, fleet is looking at $33.35/hr without differential on DOS...c/c will be around $35.50/hr without differential. based alone on wages, easy pass.

The thing is they offered the pilots an upgraded profit sharing plan. Those things are usually flow through for everyone in the Company, whether unionized or not.

When we get back to the table, they'll sweeten the pot to get their deal pushed through. (With hello from the Injunction and a probable contempt order)

The thing is they offered the pilots an upgraded profit sharing plan. Those things are usually flow through for everyone in the Company, whether unionized or not.

When we get back to the table, they'll sweeten the pot to get their deal pushed through. (With hello from the Injunction and a probable contempt order)

Ha ha ha, when we get back to the table like 2022 maybe,
personally I don’t really care anymore I was naive enough to think this merger was going to benefit all of us instead that only applies to the smart union groups who don’t turn down contract improvements instead of care more about future due members.
I just hope I don’t keep loosing more and more in my last 10 years of my job. Thousands and thousands just going up in smoke while we wait on the NMB and our lame ASS. and a company that could care less about the morale and its employees

Just think if the ass was actually negotiating with AA they could take partial credit for TULE calling for more AMT jobs.

Instead what we have is empty rhetoric from twu and AA just going about their business. They offered contract improvements, the union said no. Company goes about its business. Just like in 2008 and 2010, company offered contract improvements the union said no, company goes about its business.

Association should ask for self help, just to see what happens.

delta is at 10%/up to $2.5 billion - 20%/above $2.5 billion.

i can see aa offering 10%-7.5% of all profits to pilots and F/As. next year are the ticket agents.

whatever the ticket agents get, is prob what aa will offer us the next time we negotiate.

aa's CapEx will shrink by half next year...some $2-$3 billion a year will be freed up for shareholders & reducing debt.

increased profit sharing parameters won't hurt the company.

it's my belief that any 'enhanced' profit sharing for titles 1-2-3, will be discussed in the next contract.

no doubt, aa will follow delta, with 3% more than delta's oct. 2019 4% raise..but, profit sharing is a monologue, not a dialogue, and the company controls and does the monologuing.

if aa goes this way, fleet is looking at $33.35/hr without differential on DOS...c/c will be around $35.50/hr without differential. based alone on wages, easy pass.
I have a lot of doubts about these people doing anything

Last edited:

Up to now the only flow thru is flowing thru the iam.

I have a lot of doubts about thesr people dping anything

i hear you, but i think the pressure will ratchet up..from the bottom. local twu presidents are feeling the wrath and realize they will lose elections unless a deal is struck. as far as the grand poohbahs of the iam, i agree - steady as she goes.

i know a former ramp c/c who went into management. he was telling me that aw leads were earning $10/hr, prior to us air merger. these guys will earn $36.00/hr, with differential, on DOS.

they can't say they never won a lottery. the merger has been a praise-Jesus miracle for former aw and non-hub lus.

Why?? Parker offered the pilots Delta PS in their openers

that ship already sailed..company left port years ago. they had no interest in sharing more with us the past few years, i believe it's the same today.

pilots won't have a deal for awhile? if so, no chance right now, especially with delta 4% raise.

so, let's say we get a deal by early 2020...we'll be talking profit sharing enhancement in 2025-2026. keep an eye on the ticket agent deal..whatever they get as far as enhanced profit sharing, is probably what we will get.

this isn't the first time delta put aa's feet to the fire during contract talks. they gave a raise to their F/As, and despite having a TA, parker matched that raise and added it to the TA. he didn't have to, but he did.

that ship already sailed..company left port years ago. they had no interest in sharing more with us the past few years, i believe it's the same today.

pilots won't have a deal for awhile? if so, no chance right now, especially with delta 4% raise.

so, let's say we get a deal by early 2020...we'll be talking profit sharing enhancement in 2025-2026. keep an eye on the ticket agent deal..whatever they get as far as enhanced profit sharing, is probably what we will get.

this isn't the first time delta put aa's feet to the fire during contract talks. they gave a raise to their F/As, and despite having a TA, parker matched that raise and added it to the TA. he didn't have to, but he did.
f/a's are required they have to have them. he couldnt give two shits below the wing.

Thats cuz DL knows how to take care their employees. Modeled after WN yet non union. DL also will beat AA every shot they can.

comparing twu master seniority lists from jan til now, 9-3-19.

title 1 - 7,194...today 7,394
title 2 - 1,727...today 1,753

title 3 - 10,246...today 10,040. 206 less FSC.

f/a's are required they have to have them. he couldnt give two shits below the wing.

i don't believe parker had to do it...a TA is binding, as far as what is agreed. wages were agreed to.

laura glading walked across the street and asked parker to match delta's raise and parker did.

considering what they paid aw and non hub lus..you're right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back