American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
what have you ever done for Labor...ever? You are not any authority that anyone would seriously care what your opinion is of anything. I like you but it is sad how your handlers lie to you cuz they want a fake news message to pacify twu members. Oddly, it benefits me and iam members but ive tried to give you friendly advice before to try to work with your local union in some capacity instead of fanning false info about your Local president.
Sad.
please go away.

Weez is not perfect and I am certainly not saying I am. I am definitely not perfect. But Weez does appear to vote for pro-union candidates and more importantly unlike you, he does not support anti-union politicians like you do. You have no room or basis to criticize.

By the time they met in July 2015, the Association had already been certified and the anticipation for negotiations to begin had started.

The two side were scheduled to meet in October of 2014 at the same Wipinsinger Center, but the TWU didn't show due to the BOS issue. They could have met at other times between then and the certification but they used the "we can't talk until we're certified" excuse to get together. All that was wasted time and could have damaged the relationship from the beginning.

It's funny how some on the TWU side call the IAM out for not participating in certain things but the relationship was strained from the beginning and we never really had a chance to come together and get to know each other's positions and cultures, that could have been helpful as we could have understood each other a little better.
You know who Racer is don't you? He is on your negotiation committee. LUS of course.

Weez is not perfect and I am certainly not saying I am. I am definitely not perfect. But Weez does appear to vote for pro-union candidates and more importantly unlike you, he does not support anti-union politicians like you do. You have no room or basis to criticize.

Thank you gulfcoast. Appreciated.

Why would anyone settle for the better of the two languages. That would have been SIMPLE.
Why would we want bankrupt language from the twu agreement or language from the IAM agreement that is only one agreement out of bankruptcy that didn’t even satisfy the prior concessions.
Again....the better of the two languages was NOT the goal. It was merely a starting point to see which platform on each article was a better STARTING point

Sure. That's the starting point. :rolleyes:

What was strained? The IAM came out ahead thanks to Trumka and Jim Little, they would have been off the property and completely irrelevant now.

Why the TWU didn’t laugh this off and collect full dues from everyone is beyond me.

Josh

At the time, the IAM was in the midst of a card drive which would have triggered a vote considering they didn't need that many cards to tech the needed numbers.

Aside from that, the issue isn't the IAM or the TWU is what the Company wants and fighting against that

spare me the bs. I have a family member that works for a small business and finally received health care because the dentist was finally able to pool with other small businesses and save money to offer health care. No thanks to Obamas policies. Sorry

BTW, what the hell did Obama EVER do for the union member??? Under his watch,he hammered union health care by slapping Cadillac tax on our union health care plans. This hosed the American AIrline workers and will eventually hose us. He hosed union members by hosing their pensions when he allowed Labor Organizations (Corporations themselves now) to strip retirees of their retirement.

That's just two right off my head, he hosed union people on health care, and pensions. Aren't those 2 of the 3 pillars he D^cked us on?

Now, Trump allows health care to be pooled, as of last month, across states to find the most competitive rates and so many small businesses are now able to compete and give their employees health care.

I'll ask you one more time, what the hell did Obama do for union members/ I know he did a lot for Labor Organizations but things didn't trickle down. He didn't do D for union members. Oh, and he encouraged the loss of hundreds of thousands of union jobs to mexico, china, and was ready to sign TPP.
If you don't think Obama hosed American workers then you are just blind. Please say hello to the Easter Bunny for me! Sheesh! Just leftards.

Last edited:
By the time they met in July 2015, the Association had already been certified and the anticipation for negotiations to begin had started.

The two side were scheduled to meet in October of 2014 at the same Wipinsinger Center, but the TWU didn't show due to the BOS issue. They could have met at other times between then and the certification but they used the "we can't talk until we're certified" excuse to get together. All that was wasted time and could have damaged the relationship from the beginning.

It's funny how some on the TWU side call the IAM out for not participating in certain things but the relationship was strained from the beginning and we never really had a chance to come together and get to know each other's positions and cultures, that could have been helpful as we could have understood each other a little better.

October 20, 2015

Dear TWU-IAM Association Member,
As the regular Joint Association bulletins report, your Mechanic and Related/Stores and Fleet Service Negotiating Committees are working hard to finalize joint contract proposals. In the meantime, TWU-IAM Joint Association Leadership is preparing a longer term strategy and formal rollout plan to initiate joint contract negotiations with American Airlines, ensuring we enter the process in the strongest possible position to fight for our members. It has become necessary to correct the recent misconception—perpetuated by some individuals—that the TWU-IAM Association has somehow dragged its feet in this process.

The TWU-IAM Association was certified by the National Mediation Board (NMB), the federal agency that determines representation issues in the airline industry, on May 19, 2015, five months ago. Although the TWU-IAM Association was created in 2013, it did not have legal certification and thus could not act as a certified bargaining agent before NMB certification.

Since the Association was certified by the NMB five months ago, it has named the negotiating committees, conducted individual and joint committee training, and determined servicing and negotiating responsibilities for all work groups in all classes and crafts. The Mechanic and Related/Stores and Fleet Service Negotiating Committees have both met for six separate weeklong sessions to reconcile contract language from existing pre-merger agreements and write new joint contract language for 30,000 ground workers at American Airlines.

These are complex tasks and the committee members should be thanked for their hard work on behalf of Association members, not wrongly criticized for any delay.

What should be pointed out, however, is a less well known and politically motivated ploy that needlessly delayed the Association’s certification, thereby delaying the entire joint collective bargaining process. Due to the frivolous objection to the Association’s NMB’s certification by a misguided individual on August 21, 2014, the process to certify the TWU-IAM Association as the legal collective bargaining agent was set back for months. This unwarranted objection to the NMB came days after the TWU-IAM Association filed for a determination of single carrier status on August 6, 2014. Certification came 10 months later in May, 2015.

The failed attempt to derail the Association was dismissed by the NMB, but nonetheless had to be investigated and needlessly delayed the process of ultimate certification for many months. In contrast, both flight attendants and passenger service employees at American received a determination of single carrier status in less than two months and American pilots waited less than seven months for their NMB determination.

The TWU-IAM Association will be at the negotiating table shortly with American Airlines and will demand the industry’s best contracts for all 30,000 Association members. Rest assured, we will be prepared, and will not cut corners.

We understand the membership’s desire to gain the industry-best terms of employment you rightfully deserve. And terms of employment are more than just wage rates; they are strengthened job security provisions, fair health insurance, better working conditions, and enhanced retirement security, among many other components.

To obtain accurate information regarding joint contract negotiations, please refer to Negotiating Committee bulletins at www.usaamerger.com, www.twu.org, www.iam141.org, www.iamdl142.org and other applicable TWU local websites.

Mechanics have been angry since the 1980's.
We have a great reason to be we don’t have a union . Yes we pay union dues but they do not represent our interest in negotiations. In my 32 years they never have they never will. If you in fleet were trying to get a new union I would be happy for you. I don’t understand why fleet can’t be happy that we’re trying to fix our issues .

Sure. That's the starting point. :rolleyes:

Of course those two contracts were the starting point. Here is a link to the original proposal presented to the Company in December 2015. You have a pin drive that has all the TA’s to reference and can look up both contracts to gauge the improvements.

http://www.usaamerger.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/Association-Positions-Proposal-Document.pdf

As a matter of fact since you seem so critical of so many things perhaps you care to actually share the language here in PDF form and we can gauge for ourselves if there are improvements or not?

We have a great reason to be we don’t have a union . Yes we pay union dues but they do not represent our interest in negotiations. In my 32 years they never have they never will. If you in fleet were trying to get a new union I would be happy for you. I don’t understand why fleet can’t be happy that we’re trying to fix our issues .
Agree, some act as though you're taking their only child. Of course others just like to be argumentative and tell YOU whats best for YOU!

Of course those two contracts were the starting point. Here is a link to the original proposal presented to the Company in December 2015. You have a pin drive that has all the TA’s to reference and can look up both contracts to gauge the improvements.

http://www.usaamerger.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/Association-Positions-Proposal-Document.pdf

As a matter of fact since you seem so critical of so many things perhaps you care to actually share the language here in PDF form and we can gauge for ourselves if there are improvements or not?
Isn't that just showing the best of each contract?

Won't talk you out of it. Good luck

Last edited:
Most of that is true. And in GA one video, a mirror in the back showed him in his underwear. He should be more professional.

You are correct. However, Sito is cuffed on any TA. It appears that an 'offer' will be presented to the memberships unless there is serious movement at these meetings. Speaking about Fleet only. The company and Uncle Jerry will move, but the move will be upwards on cash according to fly. Most of this was already taken care of this past August. The wage will be more than what the company presented in the videos.

Weez claiming current LUS medical was preserved is, unfortunately, trash talk. Fly claims that will never happen. Again, I had hoped that Weez' source was correct because I would love to keep my medical. In fact, I personally don't see any reason to have the membership vote unless it is a TA.....and one that keeps LUS medical.

Fly is third hand hearsay.

I usually try not to engage you as there is not much point in doing so, but I might not be the only one wondering why you were looking at what he was wearing and it seems to have had such an impression on you?

spare me the bs. I have a family member that works for a small business and finally received health care because the dentist was finally able to pool with other small businesses and save money to offer health care. No thanks to Obamas policies. Sorry

Not that I am agreeing with you at all about trump being better for healthcare. I disagree, and excuse me for digressing further, but I usually try to avoid agreeing with people who have difficulty using logic and reason in their opinions.

But your statement is not germane (google it) as it has nothing to do with unions and just backs up my point that you do not know what you are talking about and have no business being in charge of any union......ever! Please excuse my run-on sentence. You can google that, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back