American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again why some type of flow through creates a solution of some type against any tide that people feel may be washing over them. I always use the term “creative solutions” because too many people out there are insular thinkers and not thinking outside the box is what causes some of us our own headaches. IE: My support of Geo or Local Market pay scales.

I don’t know who has a great relationship with them here in MIA Crema. All I know was that a friend asked me to break bread with him and I was glad to do so.

And Juan told me the story you guys had there with Envoy and your breakrooms. Space is limited here in MIA as well and sometimes there’s a little commingling with the subcontractors in certain areas. I “try” to be as sympathetic as I can. And in your situation though yes I’m sure I’d feel a bit overrun and have my kindness tested.
By fraternizing with Eagle you probably alienated even more of your so called union brothers.I guess you do realize if they raise eagles pay it would impact the companys bottom line and maybe there would be less for us.Take the Bernie sticker off your bumper

It's easy to get complacent when you're in a hub...

...Until it gets pulled down...

In my line station, we have Envoy next to us on one side, DGS on the other, and Quik Flight after that.
Guess if pays not to be unionized, in your case anyway

the 'flow-through' is absolutely misleading. envoy people have to be explained the occupational vs company time. come to aa, enjoy the extra vc week, but you'll be in the belly on PMs until you retire.

the big envoy seniority in my station, are content with $15/hr max, lots of OT and easier shifts. they don't want to give up the easy shifts/scams they have and start over at aa. unfortunately, they are the most angry about the disparity in pay. too bad, i don't have much sympathy.

i don't argue they are exploited by the company...but, our aa groups have given back enough to keep them at $15/hr with easy envoy jobs.

as far as the ready rooms. the intl. building opened in 1993. aa had 8 piers, eagle had 1. in 2019, aa has 3 and eagle has 3. they had no ready room and ended up in aa's. some aa guys had a problem with nowhere to sit for lunch, no microwaves available, the refrig a mess and envoy bossing the tv and being loud. words were said..and envoy was told not to come into aa's ready rooms anymore.

i had no issue with the envoy people, but i back aa people i've known for 30-25 years.

to me, this is the company's fault. they didn't want to spend to give them their own place...when aa ord started to rapidly lose flights to eagle....freight carts disappeared off the ramp to be painted red for eagle...aa people had a problem finding carts.

the company made their headache, our headache. money spent on eagle was money not spent on aa.

It's easy to get complacent when you're in a hub...

...Until it gets pulled down...

In my line station, we have Envoy next to us on one side, DGS on the other, and Quik Flight after that.

aa must have picked ord to dismantle and gut due to it's location...relatively central. unfortunately, the bad weather here destroys eagle numbers...from MBR to on-time to cancellations.

when aa loses slc and den and yyc out of ord to eagle and eagle can't fit skis and snowboards in their planes...someone in HQ needs a bonus.

By fraternizing with Eagle you probably alienated even more of your so called union brothers.I guess you do realize if they raise eagles pay it would impact the companys bottom line and maybe there would be less for us.Take the Bernie sticker off your bumper

Obviously by now how people perceive me is just about the last thing on my mind Al.

And quite the contrary. The best way to keep them from asking for any dramatic increases against already in place Airport minimums is to have that flow through (Transfer) Agreement in place and then AE (Envoy) can be marketed as a starting point to gaining access to the Mainline arm if desired.

AE basically becomes AA version of Delta’s Ready Reserves only with a Contractual time frame where if they hire in under the Envoy banner they have to wait X number of years (3 to 5 say) before they can put in to come over.

It could also solve the huge turnover happening currently at Envoy and give them a more stable workforce?

the 'flow-through' is absolutely misleading. envoy people have to be explained the occupational vs company time. come to aa, enjoy the extra vc week, but you'll be in the belly on PMs until you retire.

the big envoy seniority in my station, are content with $15/hr max, lots of OT and easier shifts. they don't want to give up the easy shifts/scams they have and start over at aa. unfortunately, they are the most angry about the disparity in pay. too bad, i don't have much sympathy.

i don't argue they are exploited by the company...but, our aa groups have given back enough to keep them at $15/hr with easy envoy jobs.

as far as the ready rooms. the intl. building opened in 1993. aa had 8 piers, eagle had 1. in 2019, aa has 3 and eagle has 3. they had no ready room and ended up in aa's. some aa guys had a problem with nowhere to sit for lunch, no microwaves available, the refrig a mess and envoy bossing the tv and being loud. words were said..and envoy was told not to come into aa's ready rooms anymore.

i had no issue with the envoy people, but i back aa people i've known for 30-25 years.

to me, this is the company's fault. they didn't want to spend to give them their own place...when aa ord started to rapidly lose flights to eagle....freight carts disappeared off the ramp to be painted red for eagle...aa people had a problem finding carts.

the company made their headache, our headache. money spent on eagle was money not spent on aa.

You do know that it’s the inherent motivation and goal of the Company to keep as many of the workgroups bickering amongst each other as possible.

Being Unified and supportive absolutely doesn’t serve their needs.

aa must have picked ord to dismantle and gut due to it's location...relatively central. unfortunately, the bad weather here destroys eagle numbers...from MBR to on-time to cancellations.

when aa loses slc and den and yyc out of ord to eagle and eagle can't fit skis and snowboards in their planes...someone in HQ needs a bonus.

I thought it was because UAL made ORD a big time Commuter City with tons of RJ’s and the old AA just matched that business model?

I was graciously invited yesterday to come down and share a TWU Local paid Employee Appreciation day meal with the Envoy group. I accepted that invitation wholeheartedly.

Those “people” are not ilk. They are people just like you and I who filled out an application and accepted a job.

I have and always will support a “flow through” agreement that lets these people get out of the muck. Something the Company doesn’t want them to have because they prefer keeping those people chained to poverty wages.
And why would you think otherwise about your fellow employees? Wow! Enough said dude.

Sounds like negotiations didn't go well today. On the verge of completely falling apart. Friday will be interesting. Buckle up!

Last edited by a moderator:
So I heard that Peterson blew up and made an arse out of himself in negotiations. Not sure of the TWU constitution but is there any way we can get this complete moron out of there?

So I heard that Peterson blew up and made an arse out of himself in negotiations. Not sure of the TWU constitution but is there any way we can get this complete moron out of there?
He can afford to be an even bigger blowhard now thanks to his appointed international position.

Peterson is just pissed because he never made it to AA management after attempting three times to become a manager.
Bipolar is a ***** when not treated.

Simply amazing you take the word of a non-member who has proven to have no credibility.

You are all company men, and offer no support to you’re respective unions nor the Association to get yourself a JCBA.
Not really amazing at all... it's been this way for years. He's a "turncoat" with contrived proxies, that rode in on Trojan horse!

Last edited:
Obviously by now how people perceive me is just about the last thing on my mind Al.

And quite the contrary. The best way to keep them from asking for any dramatic increases against already in place Airport minimums is to have that flow through (Transfer) Agreement in place and then AE (Envoy) can be marketed as a starting point to gaining access to the Mainline arm if desired.

AE basically becomes AA version of Delta’s Ready Reserves only with a Contractual time frame where if they hire in under the Envoy banner they have to wait X number of years (3 to 5 say) before they can put in to come over.

It could also solve the huge turnover happening currently at Envoy and give them a more stable workforce?

if that was the case, i'd be all for it.

I thought it was because UAL made ORD a big time Commuter City with tons of RJ’s and the old AA just matched that business model?

you could be right. it could have been the city tried to squeeze more out of aa, based on seats?

i believe it's because ord is central...more cities, shorter distances compared to other hubs.

He can afford to be an even bigger blowhard now thanks to his appointed international position.

Do you believe that no one should ever accept an appointment to have a role in their Union?

I recall you guys were crying that you had no AMT in the International or in the Executive talks.

So then the (Voted in) Local AMT Line President is brought in to the talks and elevated to the position of International “Representative” and you STILL STILL STILL STILL complain?

You also know the POTUS appoints positions. Should people refuse that maybe because they don’t like his hair or his personality?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back