American Airlines Bankruptcy Shaped by Eastern Air Lines Strike 25 Years Ago

N617P said:
US doesn't have Double time except for 7th day worked. 5 Weeks vacation 10 holidays
10 Sick days
AA AMTs have NONE of that. The twu has been very successful in lowering the bar for AMTs. We are the walmart of aviation maintenance. AMFA NOW!!!

Reactions: 2 people
N617P said:
I don't !!! He's cut from the same cloth! We have been fighting for a contract for Three years! The AA mechanics make several dollars an hour more than US mechanics,and they just exited BK. If AA thought Horton was against unions they greatly misjudged him.
Parker is as Anti Labor as Lorenzo!!!
I agree with you, they are all pretty much the same.

Whats laughable is how Mark Richard, someone who claims to be a Labor attorney, a rah rah man for concessions, is being used as a source of a story that paints Lorenzo as a visionary. Doesn't surprise me a bit. In our negotiations he repeatedly lied to us and to the committees about me. He claimed that if the company abrogates there is no contract, and the company can do whatever they want and impose any terms they want and we cant strike, the NWA/AFA decision clearly states that the terms presented to the court become the new contract, and then used the fact that it becomes the new contract as their basis for saying that the status quo was not violated, so if they deviated from the terms that the court agreed were necessary for the reorganization and went somewhere else and lets say stopped checkoff or threw out all seniority based systems etc when that was not in the plan presented to the court then there is no way the courts could still claim the status quo was not violated. Mark Richard also claimed that I wanted to go out on strike and I wanted AA to out of business so everyone would lose their jobs. The man is a joke, in fact he acts more like a comedian than a lawyer. He actually looked shocked when I told him in front of the group that I didn't believe a word he said. He said something like "I never called you a liar" , I never gave him cause to. Go into court with him for a traffic ticket and you would likely end up in jail for life.

N617P said:
US doesn't have Double time except for 7th day worked. 5 Weeks vacation 10 holidays
10 Sick days
Even though we both max out at 25 vacation days over a career your contract provides a lot more vacation than ours. For the first 5 years we only get one week of vacation. I know, pretty sad, even non-union Walmart getters get more than that. So figure you get at least 25 more weeks of vacation over your career than we do, thats six months more paid time off. The AA deal is really really bad, I don't know of any deal thats worse. Don't you get double-time when you work any of the 10 Holidays? We only get 4 hours pay added if we work 8 on the Holiday.

Here is the thing we all need to recognize, we need for you guys to get a good contract, one that brings your pay way above ours. The company wants to take these two crappy deals where in a worst case scenario for them we end up with our pay rates and your benefits which may be an improvement for both sides but it would still leave us with by far the worst contract in the industry.