american aviation labor alliance

Doomed? You mean it can get worse than paying Union dues and getting paid less than Non-union? Our union membership has leveraged our pay to below market rates instead of the other way around.

On the plus side, as far as the youth, they wont likely make the same mistake we made and stick around hoping it will get better, they will move on, and the more they do the more it costs AA in OT for the old guys and planes out of service longer due to inexperience.

There is more to the demise of labor than the I got mine generation or the I don't care new workers. There is the new breed of management who would rather burn the place down rather than bargain fairly with employees, just look at Hostess. I truly believe that if you guys got a real union and started acting like union men (turning down OT etc) that AAL would close their doors rather than deal with you.

Chuck Schalk said:
Can i ask  a question to all current M&E members of the TWU?

Had enough yet?

I guess not, I don't see any replies.

Chuck, as I understand it the TWU is giving more control to the locals. Now that the line local is all one, in your opinion will this make a difference?

Latest posts

Back