American new Service From JFK to San Jose del Cabo

FA Mikey

Veteran
Aug 19, 2002
miami
goldwatermiller08.com
story here

American Airlines announced today that beginning on Dec. 16 it will offer direct service from New York John F. Kennedy International Airport to the popular resort area of San Jose del Cabo, in the Baja California region of Mexico.

American will operate one flight each week on Saturday, together with a return flight the same day. This seasonal service will extend through April 9, 2007. The airline will fly the new route with a Boeing 757 aircraft with 188 seats configured for both business class and main cabin.

story here

American Airlines announced today that beginning on Dec. 16 it will offer direct service from New York John F. Kennedy International Airport to the popular resort area of San Jose del Cabo, in the Baja California region of Mexico.

American will operate one flight each week on Saturday, together with a return flight the same day. This seasonal service will extend through April 9, 2007. The airline will fly the new route with a Boeing 757 aircraft with 188 seats configured for both business class and main cabin.

Oh Joy another 757 transcon. Ick! good thing I am transferring bases. I am going to sorely miss my Repairbus at my new base, though. :(

In Miami we will gladly take it.We are now just hoping to see some new flights to Northern Brazil and other cities in Central America soon.

I read that article about AA seeking service to Recife and other Brazilian cities over a year ago in a Brazilian newspaper article. I wonder if it will actually happen. We used to fly to Recife out of Miami and Orlando when I worked for Tower Air. We also did some flights to Brasilia. I would love to see AA branch out more in South America.

People on another board are speculating that the advent of foreign ownership of airlines will mean that new international routes will be outsourced to FN's. Apparently the government is currently trying to speed up the ownership legislation. I'm not really buying the FN angle myself. But I guess we'll just have to wait and see what foreign ownership brings about.

There's also a rumor going around Dallas that they are looking into Sydney and Rome from DFW.

This service was to start in February 2006. They decided to scrub it back then and I am sure they will do the same in December.

I read that article about AA seeking service to Recife and other Brazilian cities over a year ago in a Brazilian newspaper article. I wonder if it will actually happen. We used to fly to Recife out of Miami and Orlando when I worked for Tower Air. We also did some flights to Brasilia. I would love to see AA branch out more in South America.

People on another board are speculating that the advent of foreign ownership of airlines will mean that new international routes will be outsourced to FN's. Apparently the government is currently trying to speed up the ownership legislation. I'm not really buying the FN angle myself. But I guess we'll just have to wait and see what foreign ownership brings about.

There's also a rumor going around Dallas that they are looking into Sydney and Rome from DFW.

=========================================================

GEEZ, "mess", I "hope to HEL_ " your right about DFW/SYD.

Please keep me informed(PM) about any and all SYD rumors.
Thank You !!

NH/BB's

In Miami we will gladly take it.We are now just hoping to see some new flights to Northern Brazil and other cities in Central America soon.

MIA-SJD and STL-SJD Saturday flights are beeing looked at. I don't think we will see them this winter. Next winter maybe, especially with Cabo becoming "the" Mexican destination as of late.

Brazil expansion for AA is also being planned, but nothing can happen until the US and Brazil expand their air treaty, which AA is pushing for very hard.

Latest posts