American to cut 62 flights in Chicago-Merged Topics

Pretty much correct. From a flight crew standpoint saying that (for instance) they are reducing 8 flights at STL is meaningless, because one or more of those flights may have been traditionally manned by crews from other bases who would fly into and out of STL either on a layover or a "just passing through" sequence.

Of course, it already appears to be not much of a secret that SLT is losing all its 757 flying by September. But, it seems that this is not like the flying is just being reassigned to other f/as bases. I gather that 757s will not even land at STL except in a diversion or emergency. Much like the S80 doesn't fly into/out of MIA. Oh well. That is a big chunk of our flying.

There will still be two 757s a day on MIA-STL.

FA Mikey said:
Since they are putting down more than expected A300's, the 757's might be headed to IMA as replacements.

The current A300 schedule that you see for the winter can be flown with 24 A300s. As is, the schedule this summer only requires 26 A300s. With big reductions in JFK A300 flying, which have long stage lengths, and cutting MIA-SJU A300s, 24 A300s can cover what we already see.

No...the "math" is that one has to add mainline to those cuts.

These cuts are designed to keep AA through $155-$160 fuel. Absent that, there won't be another huge slashing.

In fact, with one new 738 coming every 10 days in 2009, and, again, absent another drastic spike in fuel, AA will slowly add back mainline capacity throughout 2009 to only about 3% less than today, but it won't necessarily be capacity put back to where it was loss.

I seriously doubt the $155-160 fuel, be looking for the "cost" to be more, Lots more....... :jerry:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGHpWOSsDZk

For every "expert" that says there will be $200 fuel, another "expert" says $70 fuel. Though sensationalist media doesn't talk about the experts that predict fuel will be $70. It's not as much fun.

Unfortunately, the "experts" you quote have been wrong, as rain. I would advise you to throughly resarch this subject. Or...look for my posts/responses on this subject and associated links. We will be in Peak Oil, by 2010-2012, production has been Flat since 2004. The proof is in the numbers....

http://tonto.eia.doe.gov/dnav/pet/hist/wtotworldw.htm

You will never see $70/brl again, ever..

The company also has decided to eliminate five AA flights and 37 American Eagle regional jet departures at LaGuardia Airport. In addition to the expected costs savings, these changes, coupled with appropriate government action, could allow the airport to operate with less congestion and improve customer experience. Dependability and delay issues that exist at LaGuardia prevent airlines from operating cost effectively from this destination, but more importantly, they have a huge impact on all the overall customer service and performance of all airlines with any flights connecting to LaGuardia.

So what happens to the slots at LGA? Does AA keep them / save them for later? Or will they be up for grabs to another airline (use-it-or-lose-it)? I didn't think they would cut back in LGA to such an extent.

So what happens to the slots at LGA? Does AA keep them / save them for later? Or will they be up for grabs to another airline (use-it-or-lose-it)? I didn't think they would cut back in LGA to such an extent.

Hopefully someone at the FAA is going to be smart enough to permanently remove those slots from LGA. There needs to be a permanent reduction in the flying there if that airport's legendary delays are ever going to be cured (or they could demolish the airport and start all over again with a less archaic and better thought out terminals, ramps, taxiways, runways etc).

Actually, let me re-phrase my question a little bit: Is LGA still slot-controlled? Or is it just DCA nowadays?

If LGA is not slot-restricted then I guess AA can add flights back at their leisure.

Oil Bubble Set to Pop: Crude to Fall 25 Percent in 6 Months, Says Invesco's Garnick

http://finance.yahoo.com/tech-ticker/artic...USO,DUG,GLD,XLE

Short term, possibly. It is called "Demand Destruction". If the economy is in recession, people loose their jobs, less is used. Should the world go into a global recession, less is used. BUT..., the long term prospects due to Oil depletion are exceptional... :up: The key here is when the "Super Giant" Oil Fields go down, game is over, and the game will be over sooner than most think....

Short term, possibly. It is called "Demand Destruction". If the economy is in recession, people loose their jobs, less is used. Should the world go into a global recession, less is used. BUT..., the long term prospects due to Oil depletion are exceptional... :up: The key here is when the "Super Giant" Oil Fields go down, game is over, and the game will be over sooner than most think....

Is that info straight from Al Gore and his ilk? There is plenty of oil to be had, in the USA and around the world. There is plenty of evidence to support this as well. Peak oil is a scam!

Actually, let me re-phrase my question a little bit: Is LGA still slot-controlled? Or is it just DCA nowadays?

If LGA is not slot-restricted then I guess AA can add flights back at their leisure.

I'm pretty sure that LGA is still slot controlled, and they are talking about adding back slot controls to JFK... Although they decided to remove caps on departures from ORD recently (I have no idea why because airlines are just going to flood the market with capacity).

Easy oil might be depleted, but I agree that Peak Oil is just a fear tactic. There's supposedly a 100 year supply of oil for the US just in the Green River Basin. We're probably at or past the point per bbl where shale extraction is affordable.

:cop: TOPIC DRIFT! TOPIC DRIFT! DANGER! DANGER! :cop:

To all of you "oil" experts...please go back and re-read the topic title for this thread, carefully. There is at least one thread over at The Water Cooler for expounding your particular theory of oil depletion/production. The various Doomsday theories are only tangentially related to this thread. You haf been varned.

Easy oil might be depleted, but I agree that Peak Oil is just a fear tactic. There's supposedly a 100 year supply of oil for the US just in the Green River Basin. We're probably at or past the point per bbl where shale extraction is affordable.

Well, Mr. AA/Mgmt. Did you catch the news today? $7.00/gas by 2012, just like I said. Now, go on out there, and get that "Shale", in the Williston Basin, Green River Formation, and the Shale in Colorado---- It ain't happening, and won't happen in sufficient quantities. Our little airline, AA will be Bankrupt in 2009. You know the best thing about, about people? There is a fool, born every minute! Get ready, their will be riots in D.C. ... Enjoy the ride :oops:

Latest posts