Raleigh-Jacksonville
Raleigh-Kansas City
Raleigh-Louisville
Raleigh-Newark

St. Louis-Baltimore
St. Louis-Columbus
St. Louis-JFK
St. Louis-Orange County

On the route cuts, it would be good to know which are frequency reductions and which ones are route eliminations. Also, the list is not complete even based on what is known.

I can add that STL-RDU is being eliminated, and we had 2 or 3 non-stops/daily. We are losing an STL-SEA and an STL-SFO.

On the route cuts, it would be good to know which are frequency reductions and which ones are route eliminations. Also, the list is not complete even based on what is known.

I can add that STL-RDU is being eliminated, and we had 2 or 3 non-stops/daily. We are losing an STL-SEA and an STL-SFO.

The route cuts I listed are routes being eliminated entirely. To my knowledge, it is complete.

STL-RDU is not being discontinued, but mainline will no longer serve the route.

LGA-MIA/DFW/ATL are seeing one extra daily each.

The route cuts I listed are routes being eliminated entirely. To my knowledge, it is complete.

LGA-MIA/DFW/ATL are seeing one extra daily each.
MDT-ORD Completely? WOW, what about MDT-DFW?

SJU-FDF and SJU-PTP have been removed from reservations, but AA did not announce closure of these stations. I can only speculate, but this might mean that MIA-FDF/PTP are a go; or it's an error.

Also, new U.S.-Brazil air treaty was signed today, and starting July 1st, the path for AA to add more cities in Brazil is officially cleared.

AA will likely apply for MIA-SSA-REC-MIA and/or MIA-CNF.

ORD-PDX is gone as well according to RES 2Nov. Since it is in there now, it might have been planned before this latest announcement.

Sad to see STL-JFK being cut. I remember when TWA flew 767s and L-1011s on the route. Of course I realize that was hub to hub flying.

It is frustrating for those of us that actually saw the "beans" (from the bean counters) watch formally profitable flights be discuntinued. STL-SEA? We had full 757s several times a day and an all nighter. Boeing! Orange County, full 757s, good yield. Springfield Mo surprising was one of the highest yields. LGA and JFK great feeders to Intn'. But then when we were acquired, fares were jacked up by sometimes as little as $4 to keep the non stops and direct flights at the bottom of the res list. Our London passenger had to fight to be put on our flight. They were almost forced to go to ORD. ANC 3 and sometimes (weekends) 4 flights a day in the summer. Full and cargo alone kept them profitable. I understand that "full" does not always equate to profit but STL has held its own even with the slaughter. Anything to protect DFW and ORD! I hope these plans are not an example of "cut your nose off to spite your face".

It is frustrating for those of us that actually saw the "beans" (from the bean counters) watch formally profitable flights be discuntinued. STL-SEA? We had full 757s several times a day and an all nighter. Boeing! Orange County, full 757s, good yield. Springfield Mo surprising was one of the highest yields. LGA and JFK great feeders to Intn'. But then when we were acquired, fares were jacked up by sometimes as little as $4 to keep the non stops and direct flights at the bottom of the res list. Our London passenger had to fight to be put on our flight. They were almost forced to go to ORD. ANC 3 and sometimes (weekends) 4 flights a day in the summer. Full and cargo alone kept them profitable. I understand that "full" does not always equate to profit but STL has held its own even with the slaughter. Anything to protect DFW and ORD! I hope these plans are not an example of "cut your nose off to spite your face".

Are you sure that all the flights you listed were profitable?

Are you sure those flights you listed would be profitable today?

Whenever a city loses flights, no matter what airline it is, all the locals come out of the woodwork saying ... ... ...well, I've always seen those flights full, they must be profitable, I don't understand why they're being eliminated?

Many will say that a full 757 does not mean it is profitable. I'm sure AA would not eliminate flights from STL (out of spite) if they were money makers - unless those planes and crews can make more $$$ flying other routes.

That's like saying "We didn't amputate your leg; we just broke your kneecap. You should still be able to clog dance." :lol: The performance record of AX with constant cancellations/weight restricted flights will not encourage passengers with any sense to buy tickets from AMR on that route.

I think I smell a schedule enhancement at WN for their STL operation.