American to share its profit......................

Paybacks are hell and I for one will be looking to get back all that I gave up during the next flight attendant contract. These managers have a holier then thou attitude and I think that I and every other front end employee contribute just as much to the betterment of this company as do a manager or so called excecutive.
That's great as a wish, but realistically, you will have to go through 2 or 3 contract cycles to get back to where you were in 2001.

That's great as a wish, but realistically, you will have to go through 2 or 3 contract cycles to get back to where you were in 2001.

I agree with you for the most part. I am not one of those radical types that always thinks the company sucks but this executive bonus crap has really struck a cord in me and lots of others and it is going to be a catalyst that makes this next rounds of negotiations to be more brutal then usual ....if thats possible!

Hey, this free beer's not very cold;

And the cans aren't very large, either.

Free Beer? Try $20,000 times 6 years. $120,000 would buy me a lot of very cold beer.

At $1.2 billion, the employees would get 15 percent of $700 million, or about $105 million.

In other words "At $1.2 billion, the employees would get about $105 million, which is less than 10% of the profits".

I agree with you for the most part. I am not one of those radical types that always thinks the company sucks but this executive bonus crap has really struck a cord in me and lots of others and it is going to be a catalyst that makes this next rounds of negotiations to be more brutal then usual ....if thats possible!
jersey777,

Your last 3 words........."If thats possible",.... says it all.

AA ONLY fears...APA, because they know that they can shut them down, in a "mili-second".

But the majority of those republican "union members" RARELY ever strike.

Unlike your group(who I would argue are 51% + democrats,) WOULD walk off ! The problem(like the TWU) is the union leadership, who from time to time..."breaks bread" at the same table with management.

The ONLY time, that the Union and the company SHOULD be sitting at the same table, is during contract negotiations........"PERIOD" !!!!!!!!

NH/BB's

Comeon bear, AA doesnt fear APA, they could in thearoy shut the airline down, but they wont. They will be bought off shortly with the promise of new airplanes.

I would add that I dont think the FA's could pull off what they did the last time as well.

Comeon bear, AA doesnt fear APA, they could in thearoy shut the airline down, but they wont. They will be bought off shortly with the promise of new airplanes.

I would add that I dont think the FA's could pull off what they did the last time as well.

AA's money was no good to the APA when they had to withdraw their route application for China's Beijing route.

At $1.2 billion, the employees would get 15 percent of $700 million, or about $105 million.

In other words "At $1.2 billion, the employees would get about $105 million, which is less than 10% of the profits".

Then tell us, please, what percentage of the profits should the employees receive, since 15% of the excess over $500 million is too small, according to you.

I suppose 100% is the correct answer.

AA borrowed about $3 billion from mid-September, 2001 thru April, 2003, to pay wages when expenses greatly exceeded revenue.

If you wanted all the profits, you should have bought all the stock. And if you wanted more than 15% of the excess over $500 million, you should have negotiated for it.

Sounds like there's not much consensus on profit sharing in the ranks: TWU Informer posted above that he prefers guaranteed pay over variable potential pay.

Management employees (stupid as they are) generally like the possibility of variable compensation based on profits or stock price. Usually because it pays off - in a big way. Like the PUP payments of which you all now complain.

Hopeful said:
AA's money was no good to the APA when they had to withdraw their route application for China's Beijing route.

Oh, come on, now. I'm the most vocal cheerleader here, but even I could see that DFW-PEK was a loser from the get-go. Yet another huge management blunder in not applying for ORD-PEK (which might have had a fighting chance).

The APA didn't have anything to do with AA losing the 2007 frequncy lottery. Just another management attempt to divert attention from its mistakes.

The article describes a rather scummy justification for the PUP plan based on "maybe" promises of profit sharing in the future. Not much of a surprise from a DFW rag that is only slightly seperated from AMR Corporate Comm.

Don't get me wrong, I would award "some" in management a substantial amount of profit sharing, but when I see a certain "Fool" Junior VP getting at least in the high 6 figures, I know a scummy rip off when I see it.

www.cartoondept.com