Pilots on exec payout!

That sounds exactly like someone that CAN'T find a new job, rather than someone who can. If you can't find a job that pays you more then you're not worth more, pretty simple economics, but I guess its just easier to say everyone else is screwing you than to face the facts of the situation.

Finding a better 'job' has never been an issue, but finding a 'better' career that will not compromise my morals is another issue that I'm sure you could not comprehend.

Keep Chomping That Chunk!

:p UT

Finding a better 'job' has never been an issue, but finding a 'better' career that will not compromise my morals is another issue that I'm sure you could not comprehend.

Compromise your morals? Millions of people do career changes every year (voluntary and forced), so what do you know that they don't?

In some way, leaving the industrial union environment may actually help you preserve your morals....

Compromise your morals? Millions of people do career changes every year (voluntary and forced), so what do you know that they don't?

In some way, leaving the industrial union environment may actually help you preserve your morals....
<_< ----- You know, there's some truth to that!

Keep Chomping That Chunk!

:p UT
Gee, I never knew the mechanic profession was such a paradigm of virtuosity, compared to all the other jobs out there.

Doctors, teachers, cabbies, librarians, chemists, engineers, farmers -- all have compromised their morals compared to the god-like airplane mechanic, huh?

How does that happen exactly -- do they require a class on How to be a Good Citizen of the Earth in mechanic school? Or do they require a certain number of community service hours per year to maintain your license? Or is it something in the water in the shops? Or are naturally virtuous people just drawn to working around grease for some reason? Or are you just blowing hot air and making excuses again?

Gee, I never knew the mechanic profession was such a paradigm of virtuosity, compared to all the other jobs out there.

Doctors, teachers, cabbies, librarians, chemists, engineers, farmers -- all have compromised their morals compared to the god-like airplane mechanic, huh?

How does that happen exactly -- do they require a class on How to be a Good Citizen of the Earth in mechanic school? Or do they require a certain number of community service hours per year to maintain your license? Or is it something in the water in the shops? Or are naturally virtuous people just drawn to working around grease for some reason? Or are you just blowing hot air and making excuses again?

Congratulations, Bear! You are now the official poster child for Corporate America and Class warfare.
Workers and union workers in general are NOTHING compared to the big wigs up at the top.
Gee, I've been seeing the news MORE corporate executives and CEO's being found guilty and led off to prison than union officials.
I guess only executives have morals!

"Criticizing those who do find the courage to make a career change is simply denial on your part."

FM, I never criticized anyone for leaving to find a different job. I CRITICIZE those who criticize those of us who stay and fight.

Congratulations, Bear! You are now the official poster child for Corporate America and Class warfare.
Please make the connection for me between my post and your statement, because I don't see it.

Are you indeed saying that airplane mechanics are in fact somehow inherently more virtuous and have higher "morals" than doctors, teachers, cabbies, librarians, chemists, engineers, and farmers, and that I am wrong in challenging that assertion?

If so, could you please provide your basis for the assertion that airplane mechanics are in fact somehow inherently more virtuous and have higher "morals" than doctors, teachers, cabbies, librarians, chemists, engineers, and farmers? Is there a scientific study out there or something like that on point supporting your assertion?

If not, how does my merely pointing out the absurdity of your assertion make me "the official poster child for Corporate America and Class warfare" [sic]?

Please make the connection for me between my post and your statement, because I don't see it.

Are you indeed saying that airplane mechanics are in fact somehow inherently more virtuous and have higher "morals" than doctors, teachers, cabbies, librarians, chemists, engineers, and farmers, and that I am wrong in challenging that assertion?

If so, could you please provide your basis for the assertion that airplane mechanics are in fact somehow inherently more virtuous and have higher "morals" than doctors, teachers, cabbies, librarians, chemists, engineers, and farmers? Is there a scientific study out there or something like that on point supporting your assertion?

If not, how does my merely pointing out the absurdity of your assertion make me "the official poster child for Corporate America and Class warfare" [sic]?

Your mere reference to "Or are naturally virtuous people just drawn to working around grease" says it all. GREASE?
Drinking water in the SHOPS? SHOPS?
Are you thinking of "grease monkeys" when you mention mechanics?

I guess unless you wear a tie to work, you work around grease!

Your mere reference to "Or are naturally virtuous people just drawn to working around grease" says it all. GREASE?
Now you are saying mechanics don't work with or around oil and grease more than workers in the other jobs I listed?

Drinking water in the SHOPS? SHOPS?
I will admit I don't know all the lingo used in your workplace, just like you don't know the details of all the lingo used in mine.

I guess unless you wear a tie to work, you work around grease!
I neither wear a tie to work, nor work around grease. So I guess you are wrong.

In any case, you are trying to change the subject. So let's refocus on the main point:

Explain the basis for your assertion that mechanics have higher "morals" than doctors, teachers, cabbies, librarians, chemists, engineers, and farmers. In what ways do they demonstrate these higher morals? Where did these higher morals come from?

Now you are saying mechanics don't work with or around oil and grease more than workers in the other jobs I listed?
I will admit I don't know all the lingo used in your workplace, just like you don't know the details of all the lingo used in mine.
I neither wear a tie to work, nor work around grease. So I guess you are wrong.
In any case, you are trying to change the subject. So let's refocus on the main point:

Explain the basis for your assertion that mechanics have higher "morals" than doctors, teachers, cabbies, librarians, chemists, engineers, and farmers. In what ways do they demonstrate these higher morals? Where did these higher morals come from?

I never posted anything about mechanics having the "lock" on morals

I never posted anything about mechanics having the "lock" on morals
Sorry -- it was UAL-TECH who said he couldn't leave the profession without compromising his morals.

The way you jumped in, though, it seems as though you agree with him.

Sorry -- it was UAL-TECH who said he couldn't leave the profession without compromising his morals.

Not so much that. But there are people in this world who would not compromise their morals and ethics at the expense of others, no matter what the rewards!

My point was in response to OneFlyer with his simplistic ‘if you don’t like it then quit’ attitude. If everyone would adopt the same philosophy, where would this Country be today? To make a stand for what you believe in is stupid if you do not chase the money? WTF?

Money is good but it cannot buy integrity. To be honest, I don’t have to work at this point in my life, but I do offer value to my company and provide a voice for those that do not have the options I have. I could take another position for more $$$ (yes, I have looked around), but it would require me to move my family to another state (which is a no starter). So I will stay where I am and fight for better working conditions for myself, coworkers and future workers. I am at a point where I enjoy making individuals like OneFlyer look inept, and if you have your #### together, it’s not very hard, but you do have to have nads!

B) UT

<_< --- UT, I've found the best way to handle people like Bear, is to take the direct approach, which I'm quite sure he'll understand, and tell him right out that you don't give a damn what he thinks, or says!!!! :shock:

It is interesting how ideas and opinions that differ from yours are so threatening to you.