American Trying To Make Profit In Heavy Maint.

aafsc said:
I would say yes because didn't AA up until recently do the RR engines on USAirs 757s before USAir decided to send them to China?
[post="272770"][/post]​
---------------------------------------------------------------------

aafsc,

Using your theory of Unionism, I guess it would be OK for AA/TWU M&R to perform AA/TWU FSC work. After all, if the contract allows it then it is OK.

Sheesh, I almost forgot; FSC at AA tripped over themselves taking work away from M&R so it must be OK.

aafsc said:
As another poster stated, it is rumor. There is the possbility of other third party work being negotitated. I think AA has plans to greatly expand it's M and E. However, it does not happen overnight.
[post="272762"][/post]​
<_<aa--- I never thought I'de see the day, but I believe this is one time I can say I agree with you! :shock: The post I made was just that, and nothing more, a rumor! "If" there would be any truth to it, like aa said, it would likely be several months down the road at best!!! As to the number being layed off here, I stand corrected !!!

It's Eastern all over again, propose a deal that provokes a job action while you got the scabs at the hotel. It would be in the interest of all unions on the property to stand together, no matter what rivalries exist. They ain't going to stop with one.

MCI transplant said:
<_<aa--- I never thought I'de see the day, but I believe this is one time I can say I agree with you! :shock: The post I made was just that, and nothing more, a rumor! "If" there would be any truth to it, like aa said, it would likely be several months down the road at best!!! As to the number being layed off here, I stand corrected !!!
[post="272806"][/post]​

Will those being laid off work another union mans work?

Will the TWU members at MCIE who are laid off take advantage of the job fair that TWU Local 530 hosted and go to work crossing a picket line?

Boomer said:
---------------------------------------------------------------------

aafsc,

Using your theory of Unionism, I guess it would be OK for AA/TWU M&R to perform AA/TWU FSC work. After all, if the contract allows it then it is OK.

Sheesh, I almost forgot; FSC at AA tripped over themselves taking work away from M&R so it must be OK.
[post="272805"][/post]​
Buck asked if the AA unions would perform the work of other union people at another airlines. And I just answered his question by saying that AA used to do USAir's 757 RR engines (So I was told by someone who works at AFW). So the answer to his question is yes; given the fact that AA has already worked these engines in the past.

And Boomer, during a snowstorm a number of years back at DFW, I was told that there were so many misconnected bags that AA paid AMTs triple time to help load luggage in semi tractor trailers to truck them to their destinations. As for push backs, airstarts, OSMs and SRPs did not the AMTs ratify this. I hired on way after push backs and air starts went to ramp.

<_< I'm sorry people! I just assumed some of the hot shots on this board were following the US/AW thing! What I see in this is: 1) Ace Aviation to "invest" $72mil. in the merged co.! 2) Who is Ace Aviation? answeer: Air Canada's maintenance Co.! 3) If they will be "investing" that amount of $$, will they want something in return? answeer: :p 3) If Air Canada is doing Delta's work now, can they take on more, and still service their own Aircraft? answeer: unknown! 4) If they say they couldn't get to the 767 we're currently doing for them, could there be more comming our way in the future??? Answeer: Maybe!!! So you can see it is a streach, but could happen! In otherwords, "a rumor!!!"

As you are aware AA is known for setting a trend! The TWU is working to take control of our destiny

Confidence Is Overrated, we are keenly aware of the trends set at AA with devistating results to our profession. Are you so daft to realize the TWU took control of our destiny by their inaction after 9/11? Where was this spirit of cooperation and leadership when it was needed? Where were the demands to drasticly reduce turn times and maximize efficiency when the workforce would have been the most receptive, after your highly touted ILC? The improvements of late have come from the true workers in the trenches throughout the AA system, not because of, but despite the TWU leadership. Perhaps in time "the membership" can acquire the bargaining chips necessary to negotiate an ILC of their own with the help of responsible and competent leadership of their choosing.

AAFSC How would any one know if AMT's ratified any contract. The TWU constitution does not guarantee the right to ratify the contract by majority vote. It says the national director can implement any changes to the contract he wants in the interest of protecting the TWU. This and the fact that observer are not permitted in negotiations leaves all changes to the contract totally to National Directors discretion. We AMT's have learned this the hard way. Now the TWU is allowing Eastern’s old scab crew STS to recruit laid off AA mechanics in K.C. as if they didn’t know who STS was. STS has said they are recruiting to cover Northwest in case of a strike. TWU is lining up interviews with laid off TWA mechanics for STS I would say TWU is the AMT's biggest problem. We all need to get in to craft unions now before the damage is beyond repair in our life time.

aafsc said:
I agree with you regarding USAir. And AMFA just recently got in at UA. However, how long has AMFA been at NW? For 7 or 8 years? When they first took over there were almost 10,000 AMTs. Now there are about 4,500. And NW management wants to cut that 4,500 down to about 2,500 IN ADDITION to a 26% paycut. I read an article a couple of days ago (can't remember the name) and it alluded to the fact that NW planned all this downsizing of AMTs several years ago. In another post, I said that NW will take a short term loss (paying the AMTs $35/hr, improved pension, etc) for long term gain (riding themselves of a unionized AMT workforce forever by farmouts). Well now we see the fruits of their labor. Through farmouts, they have eliminated the AMT's strength in numbers. If AMFA strikes, how hard do you think it would be to replace 2,500 AMTs. They are lining up scabs as we speak. The AMTs at NW are history. The outsourcing over time has dwindled their numbers to such a level that they are no longer a threat and can be easily replaced. AMFA has 2 choices: 1. Strike and be permantly replaced. 2. Cower to the demands of NW management bring back a T/A where the 2,500 remaining AMTs will be earning 26% less than they are now and try to explain why 75% of their workforce is gone and why they did not "make a stand for a hundred grand".
[post="272758"][/post]​

Don't worry, you will have a 'job' and the mechanics will have a 'job' at OSM wages (or less).
And many thanks to the twuers for contributing in the 'scab' operation.
Unions are dead because they have lost focus and have unknowingly(???) committed suicide. Don’t bit$h and whine if the AMFA at UAL chomp the chunk either, because none of you lackeys have had the intestinal fortitude to say no even once. I am here at the 'Lazy U' for the 'final story' and if it does not follow it's logical conclusion, then I'm out!!!

If you haven't noticed, unions are being tested (decimated) across the country (USA of course, EU wouldn't stand for it!) and 'The Law' is their friend. The days of a 'WildCat' are gone because the 'Lawyers' will attach your property as well as put you in the slammer!!! Even if you win, you loose! WTF?

Good luck and remember that speed tape is cheaper than rivets!

B) UT

MCI transplant said:
<_< I'm sorry people! I just assumed some of the hot shots on this board were following the US/AW thing! What I see in this is: 1) Ace Aviation to "invest" $72mil. in the merged co.! 2) Who is Ace Aviation? answeer: Air Canada's maintenance Co.! 3) If they will be "investing" that amount of $$, will they want something in return? answeer: :p 3) If Air Canada is doing Delta's work now, can they take on more, and still service their own Aircraft? answeer: unknown! 4) If they say they couldn't get to the 767 we're currently doing for them, could there be more comming our way in the future??? Answeer: Maybe!!! So you can see it is a streach, but could happen! In otherwords, "a rumor!!!"
[post="272820"][/post]​

ACTS will have room. Rumor is they are about to lose the JetBlue work they are doing.

Buck said:
Will those being laid off work another union mans work?

Will the TWU members at MCIE who are laid off take advantage of the job fair that TWU Local 530 hosted and go to work crossing a picket line?
[post="272811"][/post]​
<_< Buck you slay me! Will the members of "TWU" Local 530 that are going out the door ( by design ) take advantage of a job fair put on by the company?------ Yea! :shock: Is STS the only Co. looking for workers at this fair?---No! :shock: Most of these people are older,with homes, family, kids in school, or college, have their lives rooted right here in Kansas City, so the majority of them won't be going anywhere! Quit a few of them have gotten jobs with the Rail Roads, and have told me they're out of aviation for good! Can you blame them? Will any of them take a job with STS? Could be? Would they cross a picket line? Doubtful! These people have been better Union members than most TWUs!!! But remmber! YOU ARE THE ONES WHO PUT THEM IN THIS POSITION TO BEGIN WITH!!!! TUL is maxed out! It's members are working overtime, while fellow Union brothers are going out on the street! Word is Ramono is looking to lease more space from Boeing, just to keep work from going to MCI! "NO more cocessions till MCI is gone!" Now, tell me again about Unionisum!!!!!! :down:

aafsc said:
Buck asked if the AA unions would perform the work of other union people at another airlines. And I just answered his question by saying that AA used to do USAir's 757 RR engines (So I was told by someone who works at AFW). So the answer to his question is yes; given the fact that AA has already worked these engines in the past.

And Boomer, during a snowstorm a number of years back at DFW, I was told that there were so many misconnected bags that AA paid AMTs triple time to help load luggage in semi tractor trailers to truck them to their destinations. As for push backs, airstarts, OSMs and SRPs did not the AMTs ratify this. I hired on way after push backs and air starts went to ramp.
[post="272813"][/post]​
----------------------------------------------------------

DFW paid triple time to AMT's ? Never happened, we haven't had any triple time in the last 17 years in any TWU contract.

The only time I know of that AMTs worked FSC was in NY after 9-11, TWU Intl Rep Gless was Pres of Local 562, they worked in the bag rooms on 1.5X.

The only way to go above 2x would be to assign training time concurrentlly. Which is a no-no. As far as working on struck work, we've got a union that will only tell you 'they can do that'. So even if you mean well as a steward or whatever, it's a no win situation.

When Eastern went out, the biggest fbo in the airport worked for them- they were in the same union- still are.

Back