American Trying To Make Profit In Heavy Maint.

If AMR is looking to turn overhaul into a profit center, then it might be time to spin overhaul off into a subsidiary. If the trend is to bring work in, then TULE should free themselves of line maintenance and do whatever they seem appropriate to make a profit.

Hopeful said:
If AMR is looking to turn overhaul into a profit center, then it might be time to spin overhaul off into a subsidiary. If the trend is to bring work in, then TULE should free themselves of line maintenance and do whatever they seem appropriate to make a profit.
[post="272888"][/post]​
<_< Be careful of what you wish for!!!

Boomer said:
----------------------------------------------------------

DFW paid triple time to AMT's ? Never happened, we haven't had any triple time in the last 17 years in any TWU contract.

The only time I know of that AMTs worked FSC was in NY after 9-11, TWU Intl Rep Gless was Pres of Local 562, they worked in the bag rooms on 1.5X.
[post="272869"][/post]​
When I was in DFW, I was told that there was a severe ice storm and that there were a mountain of bags (like the recent USAir PHL Christmas meltdown) and AA was so desperate that they paid AMTs triple time to load bags on semi tractor trailers so the bags can be trucked to their final destination. This supposedly happened many years ago. And I would think that just because triple time is not in the contract that it could not be offered. AA must have been really desperate and needed to do something to entice people to stay. I'm confident that no one complained about getting triple time because it was not in the contract.

Hackman said:
Your right, I do have issues with liars that have no business in others affairs.

Better off in Bankruptcy than to support a management like those of UAL and US Air who seem bent on running a once great company into the ground. :angry: :angry:
[post="272694"][/post]​

I sincerely apologize to you for whatever slight you feel I caused you. Lord only knows where your vitriolic anger toward me arises. Better you direct your anger toward me than your wife, kids, dog or supervisor. B)

As I have posted previously - my hope is that AA pulls out of this nosedive and can once again be in a position to lead the industry again in pay (in an upward trend, not in the downward direction, as for the last few years). And that sure as hell won't happen in Ch 11, no matter how well you think UAL's AMTs (and USAir's AMTs) have fared in bankruptcy. B)

FWAAA said:
I sincerely apologize to you for whatever slight you feel I caused you. Lord only knows where your vitriolic anger toward me arises. Better you direct your anger toward me than your wife, kids, dog or supervisor. B)

As I have posted previously - my hope is that AA pulls out of this nosedive and can once again be in a position to lead the industry again in pay (in an upward trend, not in the downward direction, as for the last few years). And that sure as hell won't happen in Ch 11, no matter how well you think UAL's AMTs (and USAir's AMTs) have fared in bankruptcy. B)
[post="272965"][/post]​

Good luck FWAA in attempting to sway his blinded way of reasoning.

FWAAA,May 25 2005, 05:42 PM]
I sincerely apologize to you for whatever slight you feel I caused you. Lord only knows where your vitriolic anger toward me arises.

Maybe you just have a way with people?

Better you direct your anger toward me than your wife, kids, dog or supervisor.

Hey, is that offer open to anyone?

MCI transplant said:
<_< Buck you slay me! Will the members of "TWU" Local 530 that are going out the door ( by design ) take advantage of a job fair put on by the company?------ Yea! :shock: Is STS the only Co. looking for workers at this fair?---No! :shock: Most of these people are older,with homes, family, kids in school, or college, have their lives rooted right here in Kansas City, so the majority of them won't be going anywhere! Quit a few of them have gotten jobs with the Rail Roads, and have told me they're out of aviation for good! Can you blame them? Will any of them take a job with STS? Could be? Would they cross a picket line? Doubtful! These people have been better Union members than most TWUs!!! But remmber! YOU ARE THE ONES WHO PUT THEM IN THIS POSITION TO BEGIN WITH!!!! TUL is maxed out! It's members are working overtime, while fellow Union brothers are going out on the street! Word is Ramono is looking to lease more space from Boeing, just to keep work from going to MCI! "NO more cocessions till MCI is gone!" Now, tell me again about Unionisum!!!!!! :down:
[post="272864"][/post]​

By design? I believe that many of you were warn of the treachery of the TWU.

The only thing I blame the former TWA members for is their blind following of the TWU.

I hope that these members have the ability not to cross a picket line. There is no doubt that they are better union men and women, the only issue is their inability to see the TWU for it's concessionary self. This the concession was your seniority.

I believe that it was the TWU, the IAM and Mr. Kasher that placed them in the position they are in. If you are speaking of me personally I advocated "Dovetailing" and was bashed daily for it.

I am not aware of any overtime in TUL, at least in the MD80 group. Concessions? Keep supporting the TWU and that is what you will receive. Normally the TWU will protect the numbers so that their dues base is protected, however in your case the word step child comes to mind and your are thrown out to save as much of that dues base as possible. Unionism? Are you a member of the TWU? I am not!

Bagbelt which union was that and why would you call the people in the same organization who cross their own organizations picket line a union.

FWAAA said:

[post="272965"][/post]​
I just love how you dismiss the facts FWAAA, to me you are about as worrysome as a cloudy day, your just company dupe, and a pest. I don't know where you get the idea we want...need....love to see anyone in bankruptcy. I certainly do not. I've put many years in at AA. However, when it comes to destroying my career along with thousands of others because inept management (take your pick of carriers) continues to step over a dollar to pick up a dime by making large by huge blunders which they happily make the employees fund with billions in concessions, its over. Then I say weld the GD doors shut, and I'll be on my merry way after I watch it burn. When I hear of a POS like Neal Cohen walk away from multiple bankrupt US Air with $2.5 Million in a golden parachute scam, and the company he helped turn to ruin is almost down for a dirt nap, I get incensed. How can he sleep at night? Now he turns his sights on NWA, and the only reason they hired him is so he can show them how to kill another carriers workers. I assume you think he's a great guy, and a smart business man. Its greed.... and nothing but. He should be behind bars. This is whats wrong with Corporate America, and it sickens me to the point of wanting to vomit on the next CEO I see.

Recently, TUL cut the overhaul time for a heavy "C" check on a narrowbody aircraft roughly in half.Everyone is proud of our Union Brothers and Sisters in TUL for reaching the goals they set for themselves.

Prior to that accomplishment, the same sources reported that each day an MD-80 was OTS cost the compAAny some $10,000.00 in revenue per day.

Some six months ago, several of us asked why AA maintained far more Overhaul Infrastructure than needed; no one bothered to answer.

With the recent accomplishment of our Union Brothers and Sisters in TUL, we again ask why we can now do the same job in half the time but we have 30% more Overhaul Bases which are each operated at only 66% efficiency each?

With the recent 50% reduction in narrowbody heavy "C" check turn times, we can realize some 9 days of revenue production over the some 80 MD-80s that must turn a heavy "C" check every five years, spread over a MD-80 fleet of some 400 aircarft.

Given the numbers used in the AA/TWU puff piece, that equates to $90,000.00 revenue over 80 MD-80s yielding $7.2 Million in cost reductions/revenue generation.

Given the committment towards a $500,000,000.00 cost reduction/revenue generation: you Union Brothers and Sisters in TUL are 0.0144 on the way towards realizing our goal.

Cutting the turn time of a narrow body fleet in half, using the compAAny numbers for revenue lost: your best efforts achieved 1.44%of the goal over the most labor intensive portion of the work.

Do ya think the compAAny numbers might be a "little" skewed?

Boomer said:
Recently, TUL cut the overhaul time for a heavy "C" check on a narrowbody aircraft roughly in half.Everyone is proud of our Union Brothers and Sisters in TUL for reaching the goals they set for themselves.

Prior to that accomplishment, the same sources reported that each day an MD-80 was OTS cost the compAAny some $10,000.00 in revenue per day.

Some six months ago, several of us asked why AA maintained far more Overhaul Infrastructure than needed; no one bothered to answer.

With the recent accomplishment of our Union Brothers and Sisters in TUL, we again ask why we can now do the same job in half the time but we have 30% more Overhaul Bases which are each operated at only 66% efficiency each?

With the recent 50% reduction in narrowbody heavy "C" check turn times, we can realize some 9 days of revenue production over the some 80 MD-80s that must turn a heavy "C" check every five years, spread over a MD-80 fleet of some 400 aircarft.

Given the numbers used in the AA/TWU puff piece, that equates to $90,000.00 revenue over 80 MD-80s yielding $7.2 Million in cost reductions/revenue generation.

Given the committment towards a $500,000,000.00 cost reduction/revenue generation: you Union Brothers and Sisters in TUL are 0.0144 on the way towards realizing our goal.

Cutting the turn time of a narrow body fleet in half, using the compAAny numbers for revenue lost: your best efforts achieved 1.44%of the goal over the most labor intensive portion of the work.

Do ya think the compAAny numbers might be a "little" skewed?
[post="273164"][/post]​

The company would never mislead their employees, anyone who would think so is a conspiracy nut, just ask FWAAA, Mike Weiss, CIO and the whole cadre of AA/TWU cheerleaders.

Hackman is right there are a lot of money hungry lowlifes running the corporations in our country and the industrial unions have learned a lot from them. The TWU tells there members we have to give up 35% of our pay and benefits to protect our defined benefit pension plan and than turns around and attempts to help the company freeze the plan where in the future it will be worth less than a defined contribution plan. Even if the economy rebounds and stock market rebounds they have learned a lot of new ways to syphon money off the defined benefit plans. When the stock market is good they have to make very little contribution to the plan because return on investment covers the plan. Thats when the money hungry assholes start tacking on all kinds of fees to every transaction to syphon money off. Can you Imagine that in the 1990s the pension plan was never over funded. If they had left the pension money alone during and after the 1990's they would still be well funded. Give me a defined contribution plan that I control and a guaranty that the company won't try to fund it with company stock any day. The Industrial unions are the ones who have led us all down this road of deceit and we have to make them pay the price for it. The price is ridding this country of industrial unions and all unions that the working people don't control. I am an American Airlines Mechanic the largest airline in the U.S. to day. I vote we start with the TWU.

Mark Inman said:
Hackman is right there are a lot of money hungry lowlifes running the corporations in our country and the industrial unions have learned a lot from them. The TWU tells there members we have to give up 35% of our pay and benefits to protect our defined benefit pension plan and than turns around and attempts to help the company freeze the plan where in the future it will be worth less than a defined contribution plan. Even if the economy rebounds and stock market rebounds they have learned a lot of new ways to syphon money off the defined benefit plans. When the stock market is good they have to make very little contribution to the plan because return on investment covers the plan. Thats when the money hungry assholes start tacking on all kinds of fees to every transaction to syphon money off. Can you Imagine that in the 1990s the pension plan was never over funded. If they had left the pension money alone during and after the 1990's they would still be well funded. Give me a defined contribution plan that I control and a guaranty that the company won't try to fund it with company stock any day. The Industrial unions are the ones who have led us all down this road of deceit and we have to make them pay the price for it. The price is ridding this country of industrial unions and all unions that the working people don't control. I am an American Airlines Mechanic the largest airline in the U.S. to day. I vote we start with the TWU.
[post="273905"][/post]​

There are 2 slightly different pension reforms being considered. NW, CO, and DL want the 25 year extension to pay their underfunded plans. Plus they want the plans to be frozen. AA and the unions plan is slightly different in that it wants the same 25 year payment plan but does NOT call for freezing the plans. AA's plans are much better funded than those of NW, CO, and DL. Having said this, the republican Congress will probably go woth the CO, NW, DL plan because it freezes the plans and the goal of the Bush administration is to kill traditional pension plans and force everyone into the stock market by making them have high risk defined contribution plans.

aafsc said:
There are 2 slightly different pension reforms being considered. NW, CO, and DL want the 25 year extension to pay their underfunded plans. Plus they want the plans to be frozen. AA and the unions plan is slightly different in that it wants the same 25 year payment plan but does NOT call for freezing the plans. AA's plans are much better funded than those of NW, CO, and DL. Having said this, the republican Congress will probably go woth the CO, NW, DL plan because it freezes the plans and the goal of the Bush administration is to kill traditional pension plans and force everyone into the stock market by making them have high risk defined contribution plans.
[post="273907"][/post]​

SO which one is it we end up with, and which one does Congress think we are rallying behind?

Bob Owens said:
The company would never mislead their employees, anyone who would think so is a conspiracy nut, just ask FWAAA, Mike Weiss, CIO and the whole cadre of AA/TWU cheerleaders.
[post="273305"][/post]​

Yeah,

The deadline for concessions is April 15th, unless we need to let the F/A's vote a little longer to get the vote we disire.

The Lawyers are on the steps of the BK Court.

3200 members didn't get a pin number.

The only way to have a legitimate ratification is a complete re-vote per Pres. Council By-Laws.

Members must ratify changes or amendments to the labor agreement per the TWU Constitution.

I DO NOT TRUST AA MANAGEMENT nor the COMPANY UNION!

Back