American Trying To Make Profit In Heavy Maint.

<_< I'll ask again! Does this experiment have anything to do with changing aa's MSG-2 maintenance program to an MSG-3??? Now tell me there is no one out there that know's what I'm talking about? :down:

TWU informer said:
Omni-Air wants three (3) engine pylon changes done, and CIO thinks that Carmine and Burchette have saved another 12,000 jobs and three maintenance bases.
[post="274087"][/post]​
<_< informer-----On what kind of Aircraft? And are we talking pylon changes here, or pylon mods???

Ken MacTiernan said:
cio, just a quick question. No slam intended. Of these thousands of AA employees determined to change the way we operate how many of them are dead or no longer at AA or even in our work group?

While you answer this, how much work does this OMNI Air contract cover and how long will it be. And when will the great twu get work for MCI? Just asking. Try answering with the full truth. ;)
[post="274092"][/post]​
<_< Ken I think you know the answeer to your last question! Mr. Ramano and CO. are not friends of MCI!!!!! :down:

MCI transplant said:
<_< I'll ask again! Does this experiment have anything to do with changing aa's MSG-2 maintenance program to an MSG-3??? Now tell me there is no one out there that know's what I'm talking about? :down:
[post="274111"][/post]​
--------------------------------------------------------------

I) Maintenance Steering Group, an evolving process.

II) Conversion of Process Oriented Maintenance to a Task Oriented Maintenance Program

III) Reliability Programs and the Maintenance Steering Group, MSG, Evolution

Short answer maybe.

Wasn't there during conception, will have to wait till the thing pops out on the floor so we can judge the paternity.

Boomer said:
Short answer maybe.

Wasn't there during conception, will have to wait till the thing pops out on the floor so we can judge the paternity.
[post="274163"][/post]​
<_< O.K.! Thanks for the info.!

MCI transplant said:
<_< Ken I think you know the answeer to your last question! Mr. Ramano and CO. are not friends of MCI!!!!! :down:
[post="274115"][/post]​

Yes, I know the true answer. But to give the twu supporters an opportunity to TRY and answer truthfully is only fair. The company only cared for MCI till the previous AMFA election was rigged. The twu used MCI too. What about little's claim of saving three o/h bases? What were the concessions for exactly? I do wish MCI the best. The twu certainly doesn't.

Ken since you are a bought and paid Amfa supporter. Your goals and the likes of the other supporters is to allow the AMT's to fail. The track record speaks for itself.

Hanger 4D is not the only area doing the changes. Currently several docks have reduced turn times and a group is currently looking at changing the operations of 4 docks into production lines. Will it work? Who knows! But its the members getting involved in something positive to insure our long term survival ship!!!

The attitude speaks for itself at work!

Checking it Out,May 31 2005, 10:19 AM]
Ken since you are a bought and paid Amfa supporter.

Here we go again . Cio once again accuses others of what he is. Since Ken does not recieve any remuneration from AMFA how is he "bought and paid for"? Tried and true, committed etc may be applicable but his is not a sell out like you CIO who betrays his fellow mechanics for the sake of a TWU paycheck.

Your goals and the likes of the other supporters is to allow the AMT's to fail. The track record speaks for itself.

Been over that 100 times at least. The TWU has been systematically destroying the profession for twenty years by permanently transferring work away from the profession. The TWU is recognized as the industry leader in coioncessions and has been for twenty years. In fact AMFA was founded by TWU members who were not happy with the performance of the TWU over 40 years ago.

Hanger 4D is not the only area doing the changes. Currently several docks have reduced turn times and a group is currently looking at changing the operations of 4 docks into production lines. Will it work? Who knows! But its the members getting involved in something positive to insure our long term survival ship!!!

And in two years when you have not reached the $500 million mark the company will blame you as they ship the work out.

Checking it Out said:
Ken since you are a bought and paid Amfa supporter. Your goals and the likes of the other supporters is to allow the AMT's to fail. The track record speaks for itself.

[post="274300"][/post]​

3 entries found for hanger.

hang·er n.

1. One who hangs something: a house painter who also works as a paperhanger.
2. A contrivance to which something hangs or by which something is hung, as:
1. A device around which a garment is draped for hanging from a hook or rod.
2. A loop or strap by which something is hung.
3. A bracket on the spring shackle of a motor vehicle, designed to hold it to the chassis.
4. A decorative strip of cloth hung on a garment or wall.
5. A short sword that may be hung from a belt.

2 entries found for hangar.
han·gar n.

A shelter especially for housing or repairing aircraft.

[French, from Old French hangard, of Germanic origin. See tkei- in Indo-European Roots.]

hangar

n : a large structure at an airport where aircraft can be stored and maintained [syn: airdock, repair shed]

It is really amazing that you continually speak for the TWU. Did you not finish elementary school? At least learn the use of a on-line dictionary.

Hangar 4D succeeded in their 12 day experiment by having a check that was fully supported by the company, the Continious Improvement Department and the OSM support shops putting other work aside to make this check work. (OSM, you know those who receive no license premiums) Hangar 1D was actually the successful dock which completed its overhaul without the special conciderations from the support shops or any briefings from CI or management. Hangar 4A was treated as was 1D and accomplished a heavier check than did 4D. Hangar 4A accomplished more without the CI rep being on the dock. The efforts of the Stores group has help greatly.

Checking it Out said:

[post="274300"][/post]​

Again you accuse me of being a "bought and paid AMFA supporter" without proof and from behind your comfortable alias. So much for the twu being able to change from within.

Why do you say I am bought & paid for? Where is your proof? I support the AMFA because they are democratic and hold everyone accountable. Oh, and they don't fight against their membership like the twu does.

What about the twu's dismal track record? The twu gives away AMT jobs, lies to the membership, (FULL REVOTE! LOL), accepts concession contract after concession contract.

Ken MacTiernan said:
Again you accuse me of being a "bought and paid AMFA supporter" without proof and from behind your comfortable alias. So much for the twu being able to change from within.

Why do you say I am bought & paid for? Where is your proof? I support the AMFA because they are democratic and hold everyone accountable. Oh, and they don't fight against their membership like the twu does.

What about the twu's dismal track record? The twu gives away AMT jobs, lies to the membership, (FULL REVOTE! LOL), accepts concession contract after concession contract.
[post="274471"][/post]​

I'll be the 1st to agree that the TWU is a pathetic excuse for a union that represents its employees.
AMFA had their chance at UAL to make a goal line stand and the membership caved in to management's demands.The results of their vote state that they agree with UAL stealing their retirement and cutting their pay and benefits.They are no better than the TWU at protecting the wages and benefits of AMT's and this is sad because I was hoping for a reason to vote for AMFA.[I can't stand the TWU but I'm not willing to trade one piece of carp for another piece of carp. Both are dead fish that stinks]
AMFA is ready to lose about 2000 jobs at NWA and this is their LAST CHANCE to prove themselfs a union any better than the others.

goingboeing said:
I'll be the 1st to agree that the TWU is a pathetic excuse for a union that represents its employees.
AMFA had their chance at UAL to make a goal line stand and the membership caved in to management's demands.The results of their vote state that they agree with UAL stealing their retirement and cutting their pay and benefits.They are no better than the TWU at protecting the wages and benefits of AMT's and this is sad because I was hoping for a reason to vote for AMFA.[I can't stand the TWU but I'm not willing to trade one piece of carp for another piece of carp. Both are dead fish that stinks]
AMFA is ready to lose about 2000 jobs at NWA and this is their LAST CHANCE to prove themselfs a union any better than the others.
[post="274475"][/post]​

After living under the concessionary contracts of the TWU for twenty years, it is hard for me to blame the mechanics at another airline for what the chose to do. It is my opinion that the best thing the mechanics at UAL could have done for us at AA and maybe the industry was to strike. However the mechanics at UAL did not choose to do the best thing for me or anyone else. I will wait for a member from AMFA at UAL to comment before I damn them collectively. I have already damned the TWU.

goingboeing said:
[post="274475"][/post]​

Regardless of what happens at UAL or NWA we know that the current structure simply does not work. We still have to go AMFA because that is the only means available to try and unite the profession.

Having mechanics at one airline under the IAM, others under the TWU, others under the IBT, none of which are "airline unions" nevermind mechanics unions, others non-union and others under AMFA leaves our profesion all split up. Amfa's effectiveness is compromised when mechanics under the IAM and TWU undercut everybody else as unaccountable leaders lead their members in a race to the bottom.

Lets not forget that the IAM started this most recent downward spiral at USAIR. The mechanics voted NO and the IAM made them vote again. Then the IAM slamed the mechanics at UAL. The TWU then undercut everybody with the most extreme concessions ever, put in place by Jim Littles signature, that set a new low for the Industry. Al Blackman, AAs #1 mechanic remarked about how they had more before they got the TWU than they have now, and he would know, he was here before the TWU was.

The democracy and accountability AMFA offers cant stop the damage that the TWU and IAM commit to the profession. As the IAM and TWU undercut each other in the pursuit of dues (the TWU to fund International pensions and the IAM to try and stop the huge exodus of members) they drag down the whole profession. Even with the cuts at UAL they still get more for holidays and vacation than we do.

The fact is we must get united into one union. Since the IAM, TWU and IBT are affiliated under the AFL-CIO we cant chose to unite through any of those unions we only have one option to try something else, AMFA.

We know what we have does not work.

Instead of being pulled five different ways if we unite under AMFA there will be a much more managable situation, you will either have union(AMFA) or non-union mechanics.

We know that there will be no change from within with the TWU. According to Jim Little, the 2000 or so responses to the survey they put out proves that the members do not want structural change, despite the fact that over 9700 mechanics filled out cards to have a vote for a change in representation.

Our choice is simply accept the ILCs of the TWU or try something new. I've had enough Industry Leading Concessions, I'm ready for ANYTHING else.

Latest posts