American Trying To Make Profit In Heavy Maint.

Wretched Wrench said:
I am totally amazed (read slack-jawed and glassy-eyed) that AA thinks they will get a claque (on their own time, of course) to show up in Washington at their behest to do their bidding. This bill will allow the company to steal even more of our pensions over a much longer period of time, while upper management has a BK-proof pension slush fund, as do TWU officials.

This is not unlike the Captain's table group rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic, knowing full well that they have the only lifeboat.
[post="273998"][/post]​

More than likely they will be TWU officials on UB, there doing the company's bidding, as usual.

Bob Owens said:
More than likely they will be TWU officials on UB, there doing the company's bidding, as usual.
[post="274024"][/post]​

Of course the TWU Leadership will be there. They will favor the 25 year underfunding of our pensions, and they will do so even if it requires their own time.

If passed, I understand the bill will restrict further increases in retirement benefit formulas.

That would be something right up TWU alley.

Bob Owens said:
I doubt that there is a shortage of aircraft in the system. On any given day there is at lease one "frequency" sitting at JFK. Most of the time there are three or four more, some OTS, sitting down at the hangar.
[post="273984"][/post]​

If there is not a shortage of aircraft in the system then what's the hurry on the docks?

local 12 proud said:
the experiment that took place in 4D to cut the time it takes to complete a heavy C check virtually in half is very telling, and you can bet the bean counters have been watching this with a magnifying glass.
[post="273986"][/post]​

I agree.The bean counters could tell management to layoff half the mechanics and do the Heavy "C" checks in the same amount of time or reduce the time by half and HOPE for more contract work.
If we have a major layoff then we all have Dock 4D to thank.

The 4D experiment WAS NOT a TRUE representation of how things work at TULE because their offloads to support shops had priority over all other checks.What happens when you have 4 Heavy's offloading to the support shops at the same time?Who gets priority over who.Someone is going to be left holding the bag with no prompt return of parts to their Dock.[so much for their 10 day turn times]

This is nothing new as AA management at TULE has been lying to each other for the 20 years that I've been here.

goingboeing said:
I agree.The bean counters could tell management to layoff half the mechanics and do the Heavy "C" checks in the same amount of time or reduce the time by half and HOPE for more contract work.
If we have a major layoff then we all have Dock 4D to thank.

The 4D experiment WAS NOT a TRUE representation of how things work at TULE because their offloads to support shops had priority over all other checks.What happens when you have 4 Heavy's offloading to the support shops at the same time?Who gets priority over who.Someone is going to be left holding the bag with no prompt return of parts to their Dock.[so much for their 10 day turn times]

This is nothing new as AA management at TULE has been lying to each other for the 20 years that I've been here.
[post="274037"][/post]​
<_< What do'es this "experiment consist of? Is it a transition from an MSG-2 (aa current program) to an MSG-3? Or something else? :huh:

MCI transplant said:
<_< What do'es this "experiment consist of? Is it a transition from an MSG-2 (aa current program) to an MSG-3? Or something else?  :huh:
[post="274039"][/post]​

The whole damn thing was a Burchette-Carmine Smoke Blowing session.

Nothing more, Nothing less.

I agree with goingboeing, Tulsa base will either be setup to fail completley now because AA cannot ram rod every aircraft's part through like they did the 4D aircraft or there will be a lay-off when Tulsa cannot meet the inflated turntime on vendor aircraft.

Now the bean counters have bid the F-100 work with a 15 day turn time, or a penalty will be paid.

Get ready to see the truth.

This is a prime example of the few suck asses, idiot management, and company union talking with even fewer heroes, and now the rest will struggle to meet the goal.

One 4D Crew Chief who has been quoted as a bubba-liever in the Tulsa World, is not a producer at all. Never has been, never will be, but now he has committed his crew to do something he would never do, nor has he ever done.

Look and prepare for alternative employment.

TWU informer said:

I agree with goingboeing, Tulsa base will either be setup to fail completley now because AA cannot ram rod every aircraft's part through like they did the 4D aircraft or there will be a lay-off when Tulsa cannot meet the inflated turntime on vendor aircraft.

Now the bean counters have bid the F-100 work with a 15 day turn time, or a penalty will be paid.

This is a prime example of the few suck asses, idiot management, and company union talking with even fewer heroes, and now the rest will struggle to meet the goal.

One 4D Crew Chief who has been quoted as a bubba-liever in the Tulsa World, is not a producer at all. Never has been, never will be, but now he has committed his crew to do something he would never do, nor has he ever done.

[post="274058"][/post]​
TWU informer said:

[post="274058"][/post]​
<_< Here I thought MCI was the only place screwed up! They set us up with three major "C' checks just weeks before the 530 person layoff, and expect all of them out on time or before!! Go figure???? ;)

Why then is thousands of AA employees determined to change the way we operate? Because of the modified turn times we are able to bring additional work in. Omni Air and others are convinced enough to give us work.

With a 35 billion dollar industry why do you not think we can have 500 million worth of additional work? This will translate into additional work for the bases as well as the line stations.

Besides since we are virtually the only Airline bring work in, the odds are in our favor!!!

Checking it Out said:
With a 35 billion dollar industry why do you not think we can have 500 million worth of additional work? This will translate into additional work for the bases as well as the line stations.

[post="274075"][/post]​

Great! More work at less pay!

No thanks keep it.

I need the energy for my second job.

Checking it Out said:
Why then is thousands of AA employees determined to change the way we operate? Because of the modified turn times we are able to bring additional work in. Omni Air and others are convinced enough to give us work.

Besides since we are virtually the only Airline bring work in, the odds are in our favor!!!
[post="274075"][/post]​

Oh Yeah, that's right. And lets see...

TWU saved 12,000 Jobs
TWU saved Three Maintenance Bases

And the TWU will have a full re-vote.

And the TWU requires membership ratification of contract changes or amendments.

Yeah, we believe you now CIO.

Hey Pal, get this. When I hired in we did Piedmont, Fed Ex, KC-135 Re-engine work for Military, and Continental Work. We did not outsourcce 40+ % of our own work back then like we do today. AA got out of the business to take care of it's own fleet. And now. the TWU has allowed so much outsource of our own work, we are now over manned and can do outside work again

So Stop acting as if there is something new to AA going on. We had more insourced work in 1983 than you will ever see before 2008.

You are nothing more than a common liar and a lemming following the destructors of the labor movement and AMT profession.

Checking it Out said:

[post="274075"][/post]​

How many aircraft does Omni Air own? AA has a TERRIBLE track record of doing 3rd party maintenance.Class,can you say Fed Ex B-727? AA lost their butts on this contract and were glad to see it go away!
It will be hell to work on the new F-100 Line as the contract penalties will put EXTREME PRESSURE on the production schedules.[Bird Dog City]

goingboeing said:
How many aircraft does Omni Air own? AA has a TERRIBLE track record of doing 3rd party maintenance.Class,can you say Fed Ex B-727? AA lost their butts on this contract and were glad to see it go away!
It will be hell to work on the new F-100 Line as the contract penalties will put EXTREME PRESSURE on the production schedules.[Bird Dog City]
[post="274084"][/post]​

Omni-Air wants three (3) engine pylon changes done, and CIO thinks that Carmine and Burchette have saved another 12,000 jobs and three maintenance bases.

Checking it Out said:

[post="274075"][/post]​

cio, just a quick question. No slam intended. Of these thousands of AA employees determined to change the way we operate how many of them are dead or no longer at AA or even in our work group?

While you answer this, how much work does this OMNI Air contract cover and how long will it be. And when will the great twu get work for MCI? Just asking. Try answering with the full truth. ;)

CIO,

I understand using 4D as a test bed for implementing ideas before going O/H base wide.

What I do not understand is how you, AA or anyone else will run around blowing trumpets about a systemic change that has yet to validated, on an ongoing basis, for a single overhaul base.

As otheres have said, running a special project through with a high priority designation does not validate a change in material process going forward on a systemwide basis.

In my station we did several different fleet types on the cockpit door mods. We accomplished our sets using interchangeable crews of line guys with no avionics AMTs. In fact we turned our workload quicker and with fewer average heads than almost anyone is the system. The system worked because we had a high priority and were shipped sets ready to be installed.

It sounds as though the test in 4D was a dog-n-pony show.

Latest posts