American Woos Unions, Seeking Cooperation (AP)

This article has a bunch of B.S. in it and it isn't accurate. For one thing AA mechanics were locked into a six year,1% a year raise,B+C scale TWU contract from 1995-2001. AA mechanics went backwards for six years while AA made record profits. If it wasn't for the AMFA mechanics at NWA in 2001, the mechanics at AA would have probably had another six year special shoved down our throats. Of course,the 2001 contract was shortlived and replaced by the TWU massive concessions of 2003 which kicked the mechanics back again to the stone age.

The Stone Age? That is a bit extreme isn't it? What does the AMFA mechanics at NWA have to do with AA? If it did have anything to do with AA it was apparently just a weak patch that eventually failed. That just goes to show you the shortsightedness of your beloved unions. It appears that everything the unions did around the years 1998 to 2001 has come back to haunt them. I guess you guys were right, "what goes around comes around." Good luck with your failing unions.

The Stone Age? That is a bit extreme isn't it? What does the AMFA mechanics at NWA have to do with AA? If it did have anything to do with AA it was apparently just a weak patch that eventually failed. That just goes to show you the shortsightedness of your beloved unions. It appears that everything the unions did around the years 1998 to 2001 has come back to haunt them. I guess you guys were right, "what goes around comes around." Good luck with your failing unions.
PlayheCods, The reason your making anything close what you are is because of AMFA. The record setting NWA 2001 contract fought all the way to a PEB is the main reason everybody in US aircraft maintenance saw the top the hill in 2001. Now thanks to scabs and the industrial unions like the twu and iam, we are back to the pay rates of 20 years ago. With inflation and other concessions involved, its back to the 1980's as far as buying power. People are working two to three jobs, or quitting and going to other fields away from the unpredictable airlines.

'Cods, you are one of the most ignorant fools on this BB in a long time. You have done nothing for your "profession" (I use this term very loosely in your case) but lower it. You have willingly assisted the corporate thugs in helping the middle class on its way to elimination. You will sooner or later face what you have done. Don't complain or cry when its your turn in the pickle barrel, its coming for you too 'Cods. I hope you enjoy it as much as I will. ;)

.....and don't forget Hackman, that the TWU is the reason for the "unpredictable airlines" as well, right?

So tell me, WHAT HAS AMFA DONE FOR YOU LATELY???

What's your story PlayingTheOdds? Got a hatred for unions? Haven't posted in a while, I like to know who I'm dealing with. No name or nothin', just why you hate unions the way you do.

Did you actually read the article or did you spout off without thinking? You might want to go back and read it first.

I read it
As I recall I enjoyed a pay raise for about eight months before thay took it all back. :angry:
So the article is Bull SIT ;)

AA will be saved through union concessions
That is a summary of the article.b :eek:
IMHO we gave enoughb
If AA can't manage a profitable airline then let it become another PAA TWA or Eastern :p

.....and don't forget Hackman, that the TWU is the reason for the "unpredictable airlines" as well, right?

What's your story PlayingTheOdds? Got a hatred for unions? Haven't posted in a while, I like to know who I'm dealing with. No name or nothin', just why you hate unions the way you do.
No not unpredictable Billy...concessionary

What has AMFA done for me lately? AMFA fought for my career, and yours, where as the twu capitulates on command.

Billy... more layoffs coming for the twu believers, are the job loses going to stopped because the twu is "American's Real Strength"? :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

What has the TWU done for you lately, besides taking away another $600 in dues to pay their six figure salaries and generous benifits?

How is any airline union going to fight for anything as long as they are only allowed to fight when they are at a disadvantage?

How is any airline union going to fight for anything as long as they are only allowed to fight when they are at a disadvantage?
Sounds like the only way to get the upper hand is an uprising were all unions are involved, but I won't count on any AFL-CIO unions being involved, they take their orders from the corporate big wigs.

Seeing what GM did to their workers today, as 30,000 workers will lose jobs because management can't come up with vehicles people want to buy. (BTW, I drive nothing but GM)

Will the afl-cio step up and finally lead?

Not as long as they don't feel the pain. Nearly like a modern CEO, afl-cio union leaders have six-figure salaries, untouchable pensions, private jets, cars, mansions, and no accountablity to their members.

Its no wonder we are on the way down to a third world ecomonmy, at least some of us.

:down:

Back