American Woos Unions, Seeking Cooperation (AP)

Mr. Former Moderator thinks Charles Taylor is a joke! Tipical aa management thinking !!! :down:

Never said the CT award was a joke. Having a bronze bust of the guy made for a museum seems a goofy, though.

And please, keep putting PTO/KTO on the ignore list. Since all the union guys are more or less equal with their distaste for him, they've stopped arguing about which union is better, but I'd rather read that at this point...

And please, keep putting PTO/KTO on the ignore list. Since all the union guys are more or less equal with their distaste for him, they've stopped arguing about which union is better, but I'd rather read that at this point...

Actually, a troll should be equally distasteful to union and non union alike.

They are the forum equivalent of vandals or virus makers.

Never said the CT award was a joke. Having a bronze bust of the guy made for a museum seems a goofy, though.

<_< FM---- Goofy? How many bronze busts are there in museums of the Wright brothers? This is the man that built the engine that powered the Wright Brothers plane that flew at Kitty Hawk!!!He built it only using hand tools, a simple lath, and drill press!! It's akin to asking a cocky pilot:" When you put the aircraft your flying into Auto-Pilot, who's flying the aircraft???" The correct answeer to that is: "Maintenance is flying that aircraft!"And how often do you do that Mr.Pilot????" Will, I think we all know the answeer to that one!!! What I'm trying to do is show that Charles Taylor, and the aircraft mechanics that followed him, have not gotten the respect, and reconition due them from the general public! And if a simple bronze bust in some obsqure museum will educate just a few people, than maybe it's not so "Goofy!"

In title 2 we are going to have a bronze bust of Snyder, the biulding mechanic from that show with Valerie Bertinelli. Or Bookman from good times

In title 2 we are going to have a bronze bust of Snyder, the biulding mechanic from that show with Valerie Bertinelli. Or Bookman from good times
:D Good for you Bags!!!! That's the spirit!!! But just a little something to think about! If it wasn't for CT, we'd probably all be working for a------- RAILROAD????? ;)

At least it is a start in the right direction of uniting the unions. You however can only ramble about a bronze bust.

Wretched Wrench, may I ask what your definition of a Troll is?

When all of this wooing is done where is that going to leave the members? How much can a unionist’s faith take? What would happen if American Airlines pulled the same stunt as Northwest did and the IAM accepted the concessions? Would you guys "ROLL OVER FOR THE MAN" and your union?

[LOL..You might have some former TWA f/as that would disagree with you on the "clout" of the IAM.

quote name='MCI transplant' date='Dec 7 2005, 09:45 AM' post='329185']
<_< Yea! That's a shame!!!!!!
[/quote]

The IAM at TWA willingly gave up their pensions to Icahn and agreed to be paid among the lowest of the legacies. So least with the TWU at AA (and I'm not cheerleading for the TWU) you are making more, even with the concessions, than you were at TWA. And AA/TWU still has their pension which is still accruing. Would you rather have the IAM here at AA so we can willingly give up the pensions and agree to work for 50% less?

Oh though I hate to start this sh*t again, I will say that I told many in MCI to file a DFR after over the representational election that should have occurred after the single carrier ruling for failure to have an election between the twu and the iam. As it would turn out later, you would of covered the 35% required threshold as per the NMB, and proven by last years twu/AMFA representational election battle. Can't say who would of won the election, but at least you would of gone down fighting, instead of believing their sh*t like many in MCI do. Too late now, time limit is long gone.

Oh though I hate to start this sh*t again, I will say that I told many in MCI to file a DFR after over the representational election that should have occurred after the single carrier ruling for failure to have an election between the twu and the iam. As it would turn out later, you would of covered the 35% required threshold as per the NMB, and proven by last years twu/AMFA representational election battle. Can't say who would of won the election, but at least you would of gone down fighting, instead of believing their sh*t like many in MCI do. Too late now, time limit is long gone.
<_< I agree! We made quit a few mistakes! And now that's all anchent history! What's done is done! And believe me I"m no fan of the IAM! I had my problems with the them! But in a lot of ways they were, and are, "Light Years!" ahead of the TWU in contractual laguage, and organization!!!

Maybe AA can woo AMFA over to replace the TWU, I am sure the Princess would be absolutely delighted and AA would be tickled pink. How ironic is that, employee and employer both happy at the same time? Instead of the Princess voting to strike or not she could just vote as to whether she wants to be terminated or just put on lay-off status.

Back