AMFA at AA- consolidated thread

Don't get me wrong, the industrial unions (TWU, IAM, IBT) are useless and by the looks of it have screwed over their members standard of living in order to maintain the income from dues flowing to the national offices. But this latest 'fiasco' or whatever you want to call it (screwing by the TWU and AA) looks like the AMFA just does not have enough support. Or at least not enough support in Tulsa.

Reactions: 1 person
AMFA has made some Bad Mistakes. Calling a strike at NWA after making threats of a strike to the company for months. Giving the company (NWA) time to train and place replacement workers (SCABS) in hotels around the system months in advance of the strike. We all know how this went for the NWA AMT’s (AMFA said this was a CONSPIRACY NOT AMFA’s FAILURE).
AMFA failed to get the cards last campaign (AMFA said this was a CONSPIRACY PADDING THE NUMBERS BY TWU / AA).​

AMFA failed to file with the NMB per the rules this campaign (AMFA said this was a CONSPIRACY BY IBT / AA).​

AMFA was aware IBT filed at US Airways and as supporters say they had the cards. AMFA should have filed or been ready to file that day as they knew IBT would also file soon at AA. If AMFA had the cards this was a BIG MISTAKE by AMFA and if they did not have the support by card count as always a CONSPIRACY to blame someone else works fine for them to save face for lack of supporters.​

IF the AA AMT’s want the TWU OUT! Think Hard Before You Waste A Vote!
Have a good one my UNDER PAID & BEATEN AMT BROTHERS.​
VOTE IBT AND HELP YOUR US AIRWAYS BROTHERS !​

AMFA has made some Bad Mistakes. Calling a strike at NWA after making threats of a strike to the company for months. Giving the company (NWA) time to train and place replacement workers (SCABS) in hotels around the system months in advance of the strike. We all know how this went for the NWA AMT’s (AMFA said this was a CONSPIRACY NOT AMFA’s FAILURE).
AMFA failed to get the cards last campaign (AMFA said this was a CONSPIRACY PADDING THE NUMBERS BY TWU / AA).​

AMFA failed to file with the NMB per the rules this campaign (AMFA said this was a CONSPIRACY BY IBT / AA).​

AMFA was aware IBT filed at US Airways and as supporters say they had the cards. AMFA should have filed or been ready to file that day as they knew IBT would also file soon at AA. If AMFA had the cards this was a BIG MISTAKE by AMFA and if they did not have the support by card count as always a CONSPIRACY to blame someone else works fine for them to save face for lack of supporters.​

IF the AA AMT’s want the TWU OUT! Think Hard Before You Waste A Vote!
Have a good one my UNDER PAID & BEATEN AMT BROTHERS.​
VOTE IBT AND HELP YOUR US AIRWAYS BROTHERS !​

If I wanted to divorce the TWU why would I marry her identical twin the IBT?

Reactions: 2 people
You're assuming there are enough people to support AMFA besides the vocal few posters on here. There has got to be a reason why AMFA delayed / stalled etc., with filing their cards... ... ... up to the point where IBT was able to beat them. All this talk on here about how great the AMFA drive is going, seems to have been just that, talk. If not, and the love for the AMFA is real, then why did the AMFA organizers waste / stall / hesitate in filing? The only logical reason is that the support is just not there.

Finally, some common sense

Don't get me wrong, the industrial unions (TWU, IAM, IBT) are useless and by the looks of it have screwed over their members standard of living in order to maintain the income from dues flowing to the national offices.

Our standard of living here at United has raised exponentially since aligning ourselves with the Teamsters.

Maybe I gave you too much credit for having common sense on the earlier post?

But this latest 'fiasco' or whatever you want to call it (screwing by the TWU and AA) looks like the AMFA just does not have enough support. Or at least not enough support in Tulsa.

Your common sense is back.

..........Just messing with you....

AA wants the TWU out. US wants the IAM out. Teamsters are knocking at our doors. What do we do brothers. Do we let them in?

Before all of you throw your support behind the IBT just remember what you have been told about them for the last yr.

1. You will be lumped into a Local chosen by the IBT

2. Most likely none of the Local officers will be apart of the airline div.

3. The biz agent will be appointed, not voted into office

4. That our union dues will go up, thus we take approx $340.00 a yr pay cut.

5. That the IBT may ask AA for our pension to be placed into the Central states or
western Forum Pension plans of the IBT.

6. We can't remove officers of those Locals since all members of the Local vote
to remove, that is if the Intl of the IBT even finds that we have a valid issue, with lack of support.

7. If it is that hard to remove the Local officers just think how hard it would be to remove J. Hoffa.

I don't have a solution to our problem, everyone will have to decide on their own.

How ever all of this turns out we are stuck with this contract for approx 6 yrs.
No matter what the IBT says. intergration of employees needs to happen as well as which unions will
be at each independent carrier, then at the merged AA.

Don't vote for any Union until you have thought about what will happen long term.

The TWU and the IBT are going to fill our mail boxes with junk mail and whats bad about the
other. Some may even push for a write in and say that AMFA is the write in.

Your Career is on the Line at this point, Don't sit on the fence, Get your self informed with
as much information as you can, before you vote.

We should find out soon if that is going to happen so NOW its important to for every mechanic
at AA, to do his own research about each union and then vote for the best for us all.

The grass may not be Greener, no matter how much we HATE the TWU. At least the TWU will not put
our frozen pension, into a fund that the whole IBT will have access too. Neither will AMFA if you decide
to write them in. UAL lost theirs during their BK, so did CAL, and the USAir guys now have an IAM pension which is 100% funded. Do you want to take the chance of your retirement money to be gone. It's all up to YOU.

Reactions: 1 person