AMFA at AA- consolidated thread

Big IAM Campaign to start tomorrow! I got all dressed up for this!! iam going back to bed.
Such an awesome response, is that why only 15 ibt supporters showed up at the CLT hangar for the reamsters free pizza lunch?

Support is dwindling, door to door is working great.

Reactions: 3 people
Before all of you throw your support behind the IBT just remember what you have been told about them for the last yr.

1. You will be lumped into a Local chosen by the IBT

2. Most likely none of the Local officers will be apart of the airline div.

3. The biz agent will be appointed, not voted into office

4. That our union dues will go up, thus we take approx $340.00 a yr pay cut.

5. That the IBT may ask AA for our pension to be placed into the Central states or
western Forum Pension plans of the IBT.

6. We can't remove officers of those Locals since all members of the Local vote
to remove, that is if the Intl of the IBT even finds that we have a valid issue, with lack of support.

7. If it is that hard to remove the Local officers just think how hard it would be to remove J. Hoffa.

I don't have a solution to our problem, everyone will have to decide on their own.

How ever all of this turns out we are stuck with this contract for approx 6 yrs.
No matter what the IBT says. intergration of employees needs to happen as well as which unions will
be at each independent carrier, then at the merged AA.

Don't vote for any Union until you have thought about what will happen long term.

The TWU and the IBT are going to fill our mail boxes with junk mail and whats bad about the
other. Some may even push for a write in and say that AMFA is the write in.

Your Career is on the Line at this point, Don't sit on the fence, Get your self informed with
as much information as you can, before you vote.

We should find out soon if that is going to happen so NOW its important to for every mechanic
at AA, to do his own research about each union and then vote for the best for us all.

The grass may not be Greener, no matter how much we HATE the TWU. At least the TWU will not put
our frozen pension, into a fund that the whole IBT will have access too. Neither will AMFA if you decide
to write them in. UAL lost theirs during their BK, so did CAL, and the USAir guys now have an IAM pension which is 100% funded. Do you want to take the chance of your retirement money to be gone. It's all up to YOU.

I hope you are making copies of your points to the guys at work. We are all doing our best to inform the Teamsters supporters about the truth with the teamsters so at least if a ballot does come our way they will be informed before checking the Teamsters box. I am a Write-In option as per the NMB rules. I am highly concerned about my pension going to the hands of the Teamsters. That is my main reason not to vote Teamsters. TWU and AMFA do not handle members pensions for a good reason. But I will not vote for the TWU unless I have absolutely no option. So the Write-In is my best choice. AMFA on the Write-In!!

I hope you are making copies of your points to the guys at work. We are all doing our best to inform the Teamsters supporters about the truth with the teamsters so at least if a ballot does come our way they will be informed before checking the Teamsters box. I am a Write-In option as per the NMB rules. I am highly concerned about my pension going to the hands of the Teamsters. That is my main reason not to vote Teamsters. TWU and AMFA do not handle members pensions for a good reason. But I will not vote for the TWU unless I have absolutely no option. So the Write-In is my best choice. AMFA on the Write-In!!

1AA

The questions I have asked and many more I hope that you and all the others ask the IBT, and your self?

1. Which Local will we be assigned?
2. Are any of the officers part of the airline div.?
3. How will you choose which person you will appoint to be our agent?
4. Is it true that all members of the Local vote to remove officers?
5. Why would I vote IBT only to take yet another paycut, Dues increase?
6. If I can't vote out Hoffa, or Little the why vote IBT?
7. Will I be assigned to another Local even though half my station is assigned
to the nearest Local due to money spent during organizing campaign like the
United airlines mechanics in SFO? 50%@LA, others @SFO Local?
8. the Local I will be assigned what is background of Officers?
9. Will IBT ask AA for our pension to be moved into one of their funds for them to manage?
10. What is the IBT's long term plan for the base stations here at AA?

Just a sample you can give your fellow AMT's of what to ask before they throw the support behind the IBT. Your career Your future, Your Money, Your Pension.

Get informed before the vote comes and its time to choose. The IBT is doing info
meetings soon will be in your city, ask these type questions and get informed.

Reactions: 1 person
Keep it up guys...

SWAMT

Both you and WNMECH have make comments here on the AA section of this site. How do the rest of your fellow workers feel about the represetation AMFA has provided since you guys at SWA removed the Teamsters?

If you know others you work with have them post info so that we the AA mechanics can get a better picture of what it was like under the IBT at SWA.

SWAMT

Both you and WNMECH have make comments here on the AA section of this site. How do the rest of your fellow workers feel about the represetation AMFA has provided since you guys at SWA removed the Teamsters?

If you know others you work with have them post info so that we the AA mechanics can get a better picture of what it was like under the IBT at SWA.

I just wanted to say Good Luck to all the mechanic's at AA. I am with southwest airline and since Amfa took over I have never felt better about having some input in the union that represents me. All of the officers are held accountable,anyone can sit in while negotiations are going on (just get on list),All of your dues dollars can be seen where they were spent on your request.

Everything with Amfa is out in the open for everyone to see! No back room deals! Everything is voted on!

All this can be yours too, JUST VOTE AMFA!!

Just a mechanic on the floor
1airborne

I just wanted to say Good Luck to all the mechanic's at AA. I am with southwest airline and since Amfa took over I have never felt better about having some input in the union that represents me. All of the officers are held accountable,anyone can sit in while negotiations are going on (just get on list),All of your dues dollars can be seen where they were spent on your request.

Everything with Amfa is out in the open for everyone to see! No back room deals! Everything is voted on!

All this can be yours too, JUST VOTE AMFA!!

Just a mechanic on the floor
1airborne
This is exactly how I feel about it.
When we voted out the IBT, I got a huge feeling of freedom.
I still feel it today knowing we control everything now.

I came to this site to correct all the lies being told about AMFA and SWA mechanics specifically and to keep the discussion honest.

While I feel bad that AA mechanics will be denied a straight up honest vote to be allowed to chose AMFA or not, it does not affect me at all.
Actually it keeps SWA mechanics in the majority of AMFA members and keeps our influence in AMFA national strong.

I too wish the AA guys well and would love to see them free of industrial union bosses.
I don't know if AMFA is working on any type of appeal or anything but I think a write in campaign is going to be really tough to pull off.

Good luck to the AA guys and we will leave a light on for you.

SWAMT

Our representation going from the teamsters to AMFA is as different as night and day. We actually see EXACTLY where all our dues monies are going, every single dime of it. Our treasurer gives a detailed, printed out, step by step itemized financial spread every meeting. And we can set an appointment with him to see it at any time. This is how open and transparent AMFA is. You cannot do this with the teamsters while they were here, NEVER!!! Love the fact we have the option to attend any and all nego's., re-call process to hold all local and National officers accountable to their actions, mechanics running the union, and the craft and class representation with out other groups riding coat tails. With AMFA we don't have to change unions any more, like you guys and US are trying to do now. We can remove the officers from their positions and make change from top to bottom rather than removing the entire union, and you CANNOT do this with any other union out there, period. With AMFA the MEMBERSHIP has control of their union, not the National. A fantastic concept that we will never leave. This is where UAL completely screwed up, they all freaked out and instead of removing the officers that were not performing to the members wishes, they removed the union and are now regretting how they have over reacted. We have had the teamsters for well over 25 years here at SWA. We now have had AMFA for about 10 years. AMFA has hands down accomplished way more than the teamsters did while they were here, way more. I can only hope you guys at AA get a chance to experience the way AMFA works at your airline, you guys will be saying the same as the majority say here, "we should have pulled this trigger years ago".

I know this has nothing to do with this topic, but it does have a lot to do with the differences of how the membership controls the union and the fact that Officers are held accountable with AMFA. Below is the results of SWA's/AMFA's current ALR re-call vote: 2013 SWA Airline Rep Recall Election Results
222 Voted Yes re-call ALR
139 Voted No to re-call ALR
A very sad 365 members voted. But it does show a rather large majority wanted change, and got change only because we are AMFA. No other industrial unions can you do this with, none...

Reactions: 2 people