AMR Loss expected.

All company's, its a proven fact, about 75 percent of big company's keep two books, the real one in which you never ever see (that's why AA will never file for bankruptcy because the cat would be out of the bag), and the one that I call the media book in which you do see...

Do you have a source for that allegation? Or a link to the "proven fact" that about 75% of big companies keep two sets of books?

If you have evidence that AA made money last quarter, call the SEC. If AA didn't actually lose $265 million (excluding special items), you could put Arpey in prison. You'd be a hero.

Quarter loss!! :rolleyes: This is what happens when a company projects a number they should meet at the end of a quarter and when they don't reach it then they consider the negative or the difference from there milestone a loss, Meanwhile they wont tell you the real money figure that they really made, trust me when i say this folks we are making money, its like a person crying that there hungry with two loafs of bread in there hands.... It's Contract time, this is more typical company propaganda to back up there agenda to give us nothing and be thankful you have a job. But i see right through this.. :D

Mmm Hmm. Another conspiracy threory: The ol' cooking of the AA books so management doesn't have to negotiate employee raises. Original.

Look, I'm traditionally a unionist, but belonging to a union is a double-edged sword. On one hand it levels the employee-management playing field and provides labor with negotiating leverage.

On the flip-side however, unionism keeps labor locked in to a specific job category, minimizing risk, yet also limiting individual career growth and ultimately, restricting longer-term earnings potential. Naturally, those individuals who assume greater risk by taking on bigger projects that may lie beyond the scope of their traditional job description, are much more fluid just by the nature of their working construct and as such, are positioned to yield greater earnings potential.

So...sorry, but I don't trust you. I do not believe that AA is making money in this revenue environment and with a cost-structure that is not competitive with its industry peers.

There is perception and there is reality. The reality is that AA continues to have an employee cost structure that is unsustainable in the longer term. Management-types who took pay cuts in 2003 are fluid. They're upwardly mobile and have been able to move into higher paying positions. Therefore, I cannot...and do not...characterize "management" to be the Antichrist whose sole purpose is to conspire against the rank-and-file.

BTW:

there = their

loafs = loaves

there = they're (as in hungry)

Mmm Hmm. Another conspiracy threory: The ol' cooking of the AA books so management doesn't have to negotiate employee raises. Original.

Look, I'm traditionally a unionist, but belonging to a union is a double-edged sword. On one hand it levels the employee-management playing field and provides labor with negotiating leverage.

On the flip-side however, unionism keeps labor locked in to a specific job category, minimizing risk, yet also limiting individual career growth and ultimately, restricting longer-term earnings potential. Naturally, those individuals who assume greater risk by taking on bigger projects that may lie beyond the scope of their traditional job description, are much more fluid just by the nature of their working construct and as such, are positioned to yield greater earnings potential.

So...sorry, but I don't trust you. I do not believe that AA is making money in this revenue environment and with a cost-structure that is not competitive with its industry peers.

There is perception and there is reality. The reality is that AA continues to have an employee cost structure that is unsustainable in the longer term. Management-types who took pay cuts in 2003 are fluid. They're upwardly mobile and have been able to move into higher paying positions. Therefore, I cannot...and do not...characterize "management" to be the Antichrist whose sole purpose is to conspire against the rank-and-file.

BTW:

there = their

loafs = loaves

there = they're (as in hungry)
So sorry for the incorrect spelling what was i thinking :rolleyes:
If a company (AA) is losing money you would see mass layoffs and grounding of aircraft but you don't, just like they did in 2003, they would want to correct the situation immediately. SO I'm sticking to my story and no i don't think its a conspiracy I like to think of it as a strategy that's burnt it self out, its time to pay your rank and file workers what they deserve and do whats right for a change by your employees.

JAMAKE1-

I was pretty much on page with you until you threw out the "cost-structure that is not competitive with its industry peers" garbage or the "Management-types who took pay cuts in 2003 are fluid" rhetoric. The first one is false and the second fails to mention they have recouped a lot of what was taken. And being their spokesperson, you fail to justify their increase in pay with an airline that has hit rock bottom. Yea, their fluid alright, the lies and deception just rolls off their tongue.

A fools game. I guess you are hopping that others will follow and suffer compensation losses close to yours. By not going through BK we kept out defined pension, better pay and work rules. Only a fool thinks negotiating in BK was a better option. The pay and benefit numbers speak for themselves.

Ok then, you and your co-workers, stop whining since you were so smart and scored outside BK... sounds reasonable huh?? But its not the case because you were duped by a threat and it burns you from the inside. My advice would be, don't let this round of BK threats "force" you into more concessions, so you can score so well again.. To be quite honest we have better scope than you have, no pension which you still have for now, but i guess you have it better, so you wont be needing anything more. Double talk, your the master.

Ok we agreed to pay and benifits cut, but should we continue to do so while management gets paid hand over fist. The onlyt hing they have brought to the table is small change. That would be fine I guess in this climate but they still want massive consessions for this little bone they offer. Why should we give up more, CAN anyone give me one good reason to give up more.. After the consessions Arpey came up with work together, the TWU has worked with them more than I have liked but we have worked together with them hand in hand to save money, more production with less labor etc. But when it came down to contract time they spit in our face, is that how you work together. This is starting to get personal we have done everything they have asked. So what do all you management lovers suggest we do keep licking the masters feet and like it. Oh let me guess you say quit. You people are talking out of both sides of your mouth and are pathetic.

Do you have a source for that allegation? Or a link to the "proven fact" that about 75% of big companies keep two sets of books?

If you have evidence that AA made money last quarter, call the SEC. If AA didn't actually lose $265 million (excluding special items), you could put Arpey in prison. You'd be a hero.
You act it's not ever done!!!! Wall Street never cheats....and Big Business never ever lies!? Amazing.

I'd say those rosey Bernie Madoff glasses your wearing are making your point all the stronger.....

How long did Bernie B.S. the so called "experts" like yourself? How many BILLIONS did he pocket right under the SEC's nose? I rest my case.

Would you like some AMR stock? :rolleyes: I have some for sale....

Call the SEC....now that's a good one.

Two sets of books, or just a set of books no one was allowed to look at? You want me to trust the SEC?

LINK PROVIDED: FRONTLINE: The Warning, Brooksley Borne

LINK PROVIDED: Madoff Warnings Ingnored By SEC For 10 Years

LINK PROVIDED: Harry Markopolous

I know that the SEC checks and goes after companies that paint a picture that rosier than reality but I've never seen where they've gone after a company that painted a darker tha reality picture. Have you?

I'd say the reality is pretty bleak: 20% fall in revenue and 16% fall in yield.

You still banging the pot for a big raise? With what, the money borrowed against the AAdvantage miles?

Ok then, you and your co-workers, stop whining since you were so smart and scored outside BK... sounds reasonable huh?? But its not the case because you were duped by a threat and it burns you from the inside.
Yet again you try to hijack a thread. Try sticking to the subject. If you want to flame bait your bankruptcy and AA union theories do it on another thread.

I'd say the reality is pretty bleak: 20% fall in revenue and 16% fall in yield.

You still banging the pot for a big raise? With what, the money borrowed against the AAdvantage miles?
Why not? Centerpork management seems to find the mega-compensation feeding through in these dark days with no trouble, you can hear the squealing for miles as the swine greedily devours the $300+ Million in green slop.

If the pedi-greed AMR livestock at Centerpork deserves double in compensation of what their peers at a PROFITABLE airline called Southwest receive, the it's time for the green to flow to the those who sacrificed for over 6 years to save the farm.

Yes, it's time for Restore and More, and AMR management to take a pay cut. Shared Sacrifice remember?

Latest posts

Back