AMR offers to merge seniority lists

[blockquote]
----------------
"The fact that AMR wants to talk about combining the airlines is significant because it's a new position for them," said James Magee, a spokesman for the Air Line Pilots Association chapter representing the Eagle pilots.

----------------
[/blockquote]

The only proposal I've heard about is merging the seniority lists, and not the two airlines.

AMR offers to merge seniority lists [BR]Move would give carrier more flexibility in use of regional jets [BR][BR]01/24/2003 [BR][BR]By ERIC TORBENSON / The Dallas Morning News [BR][BR]AMR Corp. has offered to combine the seniority lists between American [BR]Airlines and its regional affiliate, American Eagle, a change [BR]American pilots have wanted for years. [BR][BR][A href=http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dallas/business/stories/012403dnbuspilot.5a821.html][SPAN class=gsSearchDesc][STRONG][FONT face=Verdana]AMR offers to merge seniority lists [/FONT][/STRONG][/SPAN][/A]

Wow. Either way, that is pretty significant. Could this pave the way for a fleet of larger, next-generation RJ's to replace the F100's? Maybe that trailer that Embraer parked in front of CP5 made an impression on somebody...

I think we have a record here, folks. This thread has been active for 7 hours now without a single "management sucks" comment. Where's the paranoia and cynicism? You guys are letting me down!

[blockquote]
----------------
On 1/24/2003 5:45:30 PM FrugalFlyer wrote:

Management Sucks !!!
----------------
[/blockquote]
Ahhhhhhhhh... Everything is right with the world again!

[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 1/24/2003 5:43:20 PM will fix for food wrote:
[P]RV4, [BR][BR]I/ve read what seems like about 10,000 of your posts on different forums, and until very recently you have not said word 1 about wanting to merge the lists. How come the change of heart?[/P]----------------[/BLOCKQUOTE]
[P][/P]It has something to do with 20 years of "me too" unionism training by the TWU I guess.[BR][BR]You have never once mentioned how many postings I create and you read, why the sudden change?

RV4,

I/ve read what seems like about 10,000 of your posts on different forums, and until very recently you have not said word 1 about wanting to merge the lists. How come the change of heart?

[blockquote]
----------------
On 1/24/2003 5:31:00 PM Connected1 wrote:

I think we have a record here, folks. This thread has been active for 7 hours now without a single "management sucks" comment. Where's the paranoia and cynicism? You guys are letting me down!
----------------
[/blockquote]

Management Sucks !!!

[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 1/24/2003 12:18:06 PM eolesen wrote:[BR][BR]The only proposal I've heard about is merging the seniority lists, and not the two airlines.
[P][/P]----------------[/BLOCKQUOTE]
[P]Perhaps the TWU would get one those impressive "me too" clauses and merge the mechanics list also.[/P]

Maybe it is because I have been affiliated with USAir for too long, but could AMR management be planning something more diabolical? Is this their version of jets for jobs? Who will be furloughed first in a massive downsize--Eagle? Then the AMR pilots can move down into the RJs and have jobs, a'la USAir's jets for jobs? Always be suspicious of management making a 180 turn...there is a hidden agenda.

merging senority lists without folding the companys together makes no sense?
I am sure if this happens, AA/AE will become one..save on mgmnt/admsn. costs..

It starts with pilots-then F/As....it sounds like movement in the right direction to me-pretty exciting...stay tuned!