AMR Shares Crash After Reality Check !

Status
Not open for further replies.

TWAFA007

Advanced
Sep 2, 2002
Aloha,
Shares of AMR fell nearly 13% today after investors realized that the WAR will happen, oil will be over $30 a barrel, and demand for air travel will dry up.
Any time in history that oil has been over $30 for more than 30 days a recession follows.
All of this is cause by our Presidents saber rattling. Who says a President does not effect stock prices or the economy? AMR is headed back toward the $3 mark.
The DOW fell so hard today they had to put curbs in place. Just wait until Monday!
ALOHA, 007

No, shares fell -12.55% (a whopping $0.61), primarily because DL forecasted their losses for the quarter and also announced that they restructured one of their bond convenants.

Everyone fell from the time the announcement was made.

Next thing you know, you'll be predicting that HBO will be showing the Sopranos on Sundays -and- Mondays....

[blockquote]
----------------
eolesen wrote:

Next thing you know, you'll be predicting that HBO will be showing the Sopranos on Sundays -and- Mondays....
----------------
[/blockquote]

I hear ABC may put a football game on Monday at 9pm also....

I'm still spending the same amount of money every week for AMR stock. I love dollar cost averaging.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 9/27/2002 5:27:43 PM JFK Fleet Service wrote:

[blockquote]
----------------
eolesen wrote:

----------------
[/blockquote]

I hear ABC may put a football game on Monday at 9pm also....

----------------
[/blockquote]
Aloha JFK FS,

Football on Mondays? That will never work! Football belongs on Sundays only. Monday Nights thats a laugh.[img src='http://www.usaviation.com/idealbb/images/smilies/2.gif']

ALOHA, 007

[blockquote]
----------------
On 9/27/2002 6:59:48 PM Boomer wrote:

I'm still spending the same amount of money every week for AMR stock. I love dollar cost averaging.
----------------
[/blockquote]
Aloha Boomer,

Not really. You might be investing the same amount, but the price you pay changes daily. With out any matching from AMR, this is not the best way to buy stock. With over an 80% drop in the last few months thats a whole lot of averaging.

ALOHA, 007

[blockquote]
----------------
On 9/27/2002 5:04:39 PM eolesen wrote:

No, shares fell -12.55% (a whopping $0.61), primarily because DL forecasted their losses for the quarter and also announced that they restructured one of their bond convenants.

----------------
[/blockquote]

Well I said close to 13% and I posted before the close. AMR had traded as low as $4.11. A whopping $0.60 rise was enough to call the stock, soaring. So a lose of $.61 is a crash. I guess when DAL talks the whole market goes. DAL annoucement had an effect on the airline sector, but it is the over all weakness in the market that cause the DOW to drop nearly 300 pts and dip below 7700. There maybe a slight bounce on Monday from bottom fishers, but we have not seen the bottom yet.

By the way the Sopranos are shown on Sun and Mon. Im not making predictions just stating a fact.

ALOHA, 007

The DOW fell so hard today they had to put curbs in place. Just wait until Monday!
[blockquote]
----------------
On 9/27/2002 5:04:39 PM eolesen wrote:

----------------
[/blockquote]
Aloha eolesen,

Looks like AMR is heading for $3, down another 5% so far, and the whole market is down. DOW down over 200 pts. Well today is Monday and I will be watching the Sopranos on HBO.

[FONT face=Verdana size=2] [/FONT][BR][BR][BR]
[BLOCKQUOTE][FONT face=Verdana size=1][/FONT]
[HR]
[BR][b]American Airlines Announces a New Round of Cost Cuts[/b] [BR][BR]Investors seemed pleased with word of the airline's efforts, which were outlined for analysts in a daylong meeting at its headquarters in Fort Worth. Shares of AMR climbed $1.74, or nearly 30 percent, to $7.61. Raymond Neidl, an analyst at Blaylock & Partners, upgraded the shares to a buy recommendation, saying the price could reach $20.50 a share. [BR][BR][A href=http://www.nytimes.com/2002/11/07/business/07AIR.html?tntemail1 target=_blank]The New York Times BUSINESS / November 7, 2002[/A] [BR]
[HR]
[BR][/BLOCKQUOTE]

Status
Not open for further replies.