AMT PAY RATES

By the same token you would have to add about $3/hr to those carriers that did not lose Holiday pay, and a week of vacation, or deduct it from the AA figure, if you want to compare.
Add on the half pay for sick pay. :down:
Loss of Double-time. :down:
The list goes on and on... :down:

....I guess may not have been very clear, but I was refering not so much to a specific maint. action such as tq values, or solid vs blind rivet, so much as overall command decisions. There have been times in my career where I had to make the decision, in the field, on the spot, with no back up. I had to weigh the risks against the gains. If it was a safety risk for monetary gain...no brainer, the birds down. If it was a career risk against the completion of the mission, again no brainer. Mission comes first....

You're in a different Army now mister! When your commander Chuck Dault says, "Sargeant Gyrene, get your a$$ out there and service that lav so passengers can use it", what you gonna do Sarge??? You walk through the cabin with your "bucket O blue" and notice that the lav is INOP. Upon further Jarhead investigation you see that it shouldn't be used. But the mission!! The mission commander Dault has spoken.
Lets not make it about Blue Juice...Lets say Commander Dault has said to go start an inop APU and if it runs, "pull the sticker and get it out of here!" Now do you just do that or do you do a little research, look at the nature of the shutdown, get the return to service procedure for the APU...remember the passengers are getting on the plane....You have thirty seconds, (play Jeopardy theme here)...You think to yourself.."what would PTO do??? (just kidding here).
You use that 140 IQ of yours and go get a lift truck, open the APU doors, do a cursory inspection, then you go attempt a start. All of our procedures are written for a purpose. The overall blanket is SAFETY. Compromise in the smallest area will lead to compromise in more important areas. (A previously stated fact that the Finman chose not to forward).
How did we get talking about this again??? I thought this thread was about A&P pay rates going to the toilet??

I have to agree with the scab on this issue, but probably not for the same reasons...

...So yea there is a difference, sure the AMT title covers A&P but an AMT may not be an A&P and as A&Ps we should resist using it since it diminishes our status as liscenced A&P Mechanics and makes us the same as a guy who sat in a four hour class about rebuilding seats.
My line of thinking exactly Bob. You should pass this along to Ken. He doesn't understand this at all. The AMT title will indeed bring an end to the A&P Mechanic. Then Ken can forever forget about an A&P or AMT ever becoming a skilled craft. But by-golly he has his bronze bust of Charles E. Taylor.

My line of thinking exactly Bob. You should pass this along to Ken. He doesn't understand this at all. The AMT title will indeed bring an end to the A&P Mechanic. Then Ken can forever forget about an A&P or AMT ever becoming a skilled craft. But by-golly he has his bronze bust of Charles E. Taylor.
'Cods you aren't worthy enough to lick the dog s**t off of Ken's boots. He tries to inform and improve the profession. What has your worthless scab ass done? Undermine the effort? Are scabs like you going to show us the way 'Cods? Still waiting for the scabs to get the industry leading wages and benefits!!! (higher not lower) Of course we all know that's just a SCAB FANTASY!!! :lol: :rolleyes: :lol: :rolleyes:

...Are scabs like you going to show us the way 'Cods? Still waiting for the scabs to get the industry leading wages and benefits!!! ...

In a roundabout way. We are going to piss you guys off so bad you will have no choice but to unite under a union that makes sense or watch your craft continue to spiral down the toilet. In other words we are going to force your hand or watch you fold in an agonizing defeat. Are you ready for the next round of concessions looming around the corner Hackman?

You mean like the way SCABS are bringing the wages down?
I think SCABs are for more detrimental to the Craft than the term AMT.
You're not serious? There are tens of thousands of AMT's out there flooding the industry riding the coat tails of A&P Mechanics and you think a handful of Scabs are more detrimental? I think you need to "think" again.

You're not serious? There are tens of thousands of AMT's out there flooding the industry riding the coat tails of A&P Mechanics and you think a handful of Scabs are more detrimental? I think you need to "think" again.
.... and you get your data from where? Yahoo.com? PTO, Let's face it, you are a Moron. I don't care if I get kicked, at least I can go back to my coloring book which is alot more challenging then reading your posts.

In a roundabout way. We are going to piss you guys off so bad you will have no choice but to unite under a union that makes sense or watch your craft continue to spiral down the toilet. In other words we are going to force your hand or watch you fold in an agonizing defeat. Are you ready for the next round of concessions looming around the corner Hackman?
Jezzus, your such a f**king scab idiot 'Cods. This post has to rank up there with your nonsensical best. :blink: :blink: :blink: Did your mommy drop you on your head multiple times when you were hatched? Its too bad you had to procreate, one can only hope they don't end up with your twisted state of mind.

You are the who is on the doorstep looking in scab boy, not I. Concessions or not, I still have made and am making a hellava lot more money han you have as a scab or otherwise. I also enjoyed living in my own house at the same time. The thought of a scab forcing anything is comical. Your a beggar as a scab, not a chooser.

BTW genius, thousands of A@P's coming into the market will never have the kind of detrimental effects as scabs who have to "enter in the backdoor" to find a "career". Its good there is only a few lowlifes like yourself that will whore themselves to the man so cheap. :down: :down: :down:

Back