And More Caribbean (sort Of)

My F/O told me the other day, that if you call USAirways for reservations, while you are holding, you get information on Alabama Tourism. Any hear of this??? :huh:

Paradise Island Express was part of express from 95-97 I believe. They did fly the Dash 7 from FLL/PBI/MIA to PID. The airport and airline closed soon after they left the express program when the Atlantis was expanded. IIRC, US purchased Paradise's operating certificate which it still has for the purposes of DC Air during the proposed merger. I think, and may be wrong, that they renamed the certificate for MAA.

phllax said:
Paradise Island Express was part of express from 95-97 I believe. They did fly the Dash 7 from FLL/PBI/MIA to PID. The airport and airline closed soon after they left the express program when the Atlantis was expanded. IIRC, US purchased Paradise's operating certificate which it still has for the purposes of DC Air during the proposed merger. I think, and may be wrong, that they renamed the certificate for MAA.
LOL, so its been Paradise Island Airlines-Potomac Air-DCAir-MidAtlantic Airways (as a seperate subsidiary), none of which ever really came to be as intented.

Forgive me if I get off topic one second. I wish we would code share to Walkers Cay on the island of Abaco. I think the code is wkr. Take a few minutes & go on google & do a search if you are not familar with Walkers.
Well thanks for allowing me to dream.

ITRADE said:
Interesting - Gulfstream filed an objection stating that Bahamas air has failed to file the requisite traffic reporting forms to DOT. As such, the application should be denied.
In case anyone was wondering, Gulfstream flies intra-Florida and Florida-Bahamas as Continental Connection using Beech 1900Ds. (As such, they stand to lose some traffic to a US Airways-Bahamasair partnership.)

I just hope BahamasAir has cleaned up it's act in the last decade and a half.

True story....

Piedmont did the training for their pilots in the pre-merger days, which included giving IOE's to their pilots upgrading to capt. On one such IOE between Nassau and EWR using the AR route (overwater), the flight was about halfway when the check airman noticed the oil quantity slowly but steadly decreasing in one engine. Upon arrival an inspection by PI mechanics found that a gasket had been made from an inner tube.

Jim

Newest update. US has filed with DOT a notice that it will be placing its code on BahamasAir flights from FLL to George Town.

US flights from CLT to George Town will carry BahamasAir's code.

US flights from FLL to NAS will also carry BahamasAir's code.