And One More Question

Riptide

Aug 27, 2003
Ok, lots of good ideas and help with starting a charter operation - thanks. One more question though: Do the same rules apply if you're just using the plane in support of your business? i.e. Using an aircraft to support my adventure/tourism venture - carrying tourists from the town to the country lodge; transporting canoes/kayaks/supplies to location. Do I still have to go through the same process and paperwork that I would were I to operate my aircraft for miscellaneous charter? Thanks again for your help.

I sure hope you aren't planning on using the champ to haul the canoes and kayaks.. :shock:

You've opened up a can of worms with that one.. I still think TC might have a pretty good case to make you have an OC to do this..

Again, if you go through the TC website, especially CAR's you'll probably find the right answer..

i would say most likely if it's part of a business and they're paying customers, then you would need an OC to carry them.

Well I wish the Champ could pull what I need it to! It would have to be replaced in this case! Otherwise it would take me the whole day to get the clients into the lodge!

Well, looks like I have a lot more research to do! Man starting this type of operation sure takes a bit of time! Thanks for the replies.

Riptide,

You're right in that you'll need something more appropriate to haul your business around in, get your app into TC and get the ball rolling, success with TC is imminent just bring a good attitude when dealing with them and you'll get there. Don't get dispirited by nay Sayers, be flexible and think critically, don't get bogged down on one issue, TC will try and help despite other’s adverse experiences, which by the way are based on “opinion of selfâ€￾ expedition’s and “Know it all Attitudesâ€￾. Paperwork, sure there’s lots but you need paper to shyt too!
Get Your business up and running, THEN make your changes if req'd...

Good Luck

A lot of time?! Its been a week man! If you're serious, like I said in the other thread- 8 months.
I don't think your champ will haul a canoe, or much gear. You need a C185 at a minimum it sounds like. But actually you would probably be better to get the OC with the champ, then add a C185 shortly thereafter.