Anderson at the Helm

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the ATA Smartbrief, 1-28-08
Just five months into his job at Delta Air Lines, Chief Executive Richard Anderson is working on a plan to merge his airline with another carrier. Some analysts say a deal with Northwest Airlines or United Airlines could emerge in the coming days. Industry observers say Anderson is a fast-moving, decisive leader whose ambition is to change the landscape of the airline industry.

Richard (Dick) Anderson now at thee helm of Delta. Left Northwest in the capable hands of Dougie Steenland to do the dirty work of union busting. Now Dick didn't get his hands dirty at all in any of that completely orchestrated fiasco (for the workers) and the press is calling him a "fast moving, decisive leader". As far as the airline workers are concerned, he is right up there with Steenland and unfortunately now Delta non-unionized employees are going to pay the same high price Northwest employees paid.

...and unfortunately now Delta non-unionized employees are going to pay the same high price Northwest employees paid.

Pssssst! You can not effectively advise the Delta Air Lines employees of the consequences of remaining non-union during industry consolidation. They're too busy searching for bigger Delta kool-aid straws!

From the ATA Smartbrief, 1-28-08
Just five months into his job at Delta Air Lines, Chief Executive Richard Anderson is working on a plan to merge his airline with another carrier. Some analysts say a deal with Northwest Airlines or United Airlines could emerge in the coming days. Industry observers say Anderson is a fast-moving, decisive leader whose ambition is to change the landscape of the airline industry.

Richard (Dick) Anderson now at thee helm of Delta. Left Northwest in the capable hands of Dougie Steenland to do the dirty work of union busting. Now Dick didn't get his hands dirty at all in any of that completely orchestrated fiasco (for the workers) and the press is calling him a "fast moving, decisive leader". As far as the airline workers are concerned, he is right up there with Steenland and unfortunately now Delta non-unionized employees are going to pay the same high price Northwest employees paid.

With omnipotent Richard at the helm and Rat Faced Doug bringing up the rear there can't be anything good going on. People such as these two are a big part of what's wrong with the U.S. airline segment of the transportation industry.

Best of luck and good fortune to you AFMA people who stood tall and moved on.

:down: What I don't understand is that TO THIS DAY people talk so highly of Mister Dick "A". Oh he didn't want any part of it or making up some stupid story to make him look so god like.(did we intervew him on his thoughts of getting rid of people? I think he couldn't care less either)
He's the one people think he's good because he didn't do the head rolling (although I heard a really good story about him and some desk throwing at bldg A ). Wow, is it any surprise that the former CEO of NW now Delta is now working with his former pal dougie to do a merger? Big surprise announcement in 8 days boys and girls. :eek: It would be nice to have the CEO/managers/directors/"I think I'm an importaint pisservisor but why did I move to a job with no protection" respect the employees instead of lying to them, at least.

Do any of you at NW know how the merger talks are going? When I left town on vacation, USAviation.com was hot and heavy about who and if DL would merge with someone (NW, UAL). I come back and there ain't a word.

Do any of you at NW know how the merger talks are going? When I left town on vacation, USAviation.com was hot and heavy about who and if DL would merge with someone (NW, UAL). I come back and there ain't a word.

It's hit a snag...A power struggle between Anderson and Steenland and their corporate cronies.. They all want the POWER. Hopefully they can bury this lousy experiment.

It's hit a snag...A power struggle between Anderson and Steenland and their corporate cronies.. They all want the POWER. Hopefully they can bury this lousy experiment.

Right now the execs from both airlines are having sex with each other as a means to determine who will stay employed.

Gruesome eh'.

:down: What I don't understand is that TO THIS DAY people talk so highly of Mister Dick "A". Oh he didn't want any part of it or making up some stupid story to make him look so god like.(did we intervew him on his thoughts of getting rid of people? I think he couldn't care less either)
He's the one people think he's good because he didn't do the head rolling (although I heard a really good story about him and some desk throwing at bldg A ). Wow, is it any surprise that the former CEO of NW now Delta is now working with his former pal dougie to do a merger? Big surprise announcement in 8 days boys and girls. :eek: It would be nice to have the CEO/managers/directors/"I think I'm an importaint pisservisor but why did I move to a job with no protection" respect the employees instead of lying to them, at least.

Lying...is the NWA way!!,and soon the front door to the Delta house of mirrors will be open for all to see.I think Richard is related to Chris Angel (magician)he is putting on a illusion trick right now to the Delta people.His act is so good he can even do it over the phone..In a recorded phone message to DL employees Richard say's "Relax....everything we said is still true"..refering to protection of their senoirity,headquarters..all that stuff.While they fall deeper into the trance,Dougie will coach Dick on how to take the rest of their money and outsource a few more cities............

Dick: "When I snap my fingers..you will be broke and unemployed!"

Status
Not open for further replies.