Look who's going to be on Delta's new BOD...

PurduePete

Senior
Jun 15, 2006
http://www.ajc.com/business/content/printe...delta0331a.html

Delta Air Lines' post-Chapter 11 board of directors will be led by a retired Eastman Kodak chief and will include a former CEO of rival Northwest Airlines.

The 11-member board, mostly handpicked by Delta's court-appointed creditor committee, includes seven new members and four incumbents.

The new board will pick a CEO to replace Gerald Grinstein, 74, after his expected retirement this summer.

Retired Eastman Kodak Chief Executive Daniel Carp, 58, will be nonexecutive chairman, the airline said. One analyst said he was a tough CEO who prodded the company to start its transformation to digital.

Former Northwest Airlines CEO Richard H. Anderson, now executive vice president at UnitedHealth Group, is among the outside directors tapped.

Anderson's presence on the list could fuel talk of an eventual merger of Delta and Northwest. The two carriers, which have gone through Chapter 11 restructurings at the same time, have been linked in some merger speculation in recent months, and Anderson, 51, was sometimes named as a candidate to run the combined companies.

But Delta executives have denied pursuing such a deal, and Northwest's CEO has said no merger is in the works, at least through the rest of this year.

http://www.ajc.com/business/content/printe...delta0331a.html

Anderson's presence on the list could fuel talk of an eventual merger of Delta and Northwest. The two carriers, which have gone through Chapter 11 restructurings at the same time, have been linked in some merger speculation in recent months, and Anderson, 51, was sometimes named as a candidate to run the combined companies.

I would guess that this means that Steenland and his gang of thieves will be gone after the merger/emergence from BK. Maybe Gordon Bethune as the new CEO of the merged Delta and NWA? Bethune and Anderson go back to Continental/Texas Air/Eastern days.

I would guess that this means that Steenland and his gang of thieves will be gone after the merger/emergence from BK. Maybe Gordon Bethune as the new CEO of the merged Delta and NWA? Bethune and Anderson go back to Continental/Texas Air/Eastern days.

Richard Anderson is the only CEO NWA employees have ever respected in recent history. He is the only CEO, besides Gordon Bethune that could ever pull off a NWA/DAL merger while gaining the approval of all work groups. The BOD's of both airlines are well aware of this...the DAL/NWA merger is in the works.

Richard Anderson is the only CEO NWA employees have ever respected in recent history. He is the only CEO, besides Gordon Bethune that could ever pull off a NWA/DAL merger while gaining the approval of all work groups. The BOD's of both airlines are well aware of this...the DAL/NWA merger is in the works.

I have to say that while my contempt for NWA upper management is pretty much universal, I was kind of a fan of Anderson. He never failed to answer any of my questions honestly, no matter how incendiary they were.