Another Case Of Aa Stupidity, Or Ignorance?

MCI transplant

Veteran
Jun 4, 2003
<_< aa looses out on $$$$mils !!!! As told to me by a member of local management! It seems a number of 767,s have had problems with Phum ducting rupturing due to improper heat treatment! This problem was known by Boeing, and was being taken care of by Boeing under warrenty to the toon of a couple of $$$mil per aircraft! All ducting had to be removed, reheatreated, and reinstalled in aircraft! Well it seems one of the aircraft came into MCI, the paperwork was reviewed, and on the bottom it stated that that because aa didn't have the tooling, it was outsourcing this work to an outside vender! Well it seems we (TWA) had the same problem with our 747's! We tooled up and did all work in house! Our local management realised that equipmant was still in place here! From what I was told they made TUL aware of the fact that this could be a way to make some serious $$$! Two weeks later, aa came in and dismantaled that equipment! Nothing more was said!!!Go figure!!!!!!! :angry:

MCI transplant said:
<_< aa looses out on $$$$mils !!!! As told to me by a member of local management! It seems a number of 767,s have had problems with Phum ducting rupturing due to improper heat treatment! This problem was known by Boeing, and was being taken care of by Boeing under warrenty to the toon of a couple of $$$mil per aircraft! All ducting had to be removed, reheatreated, and reinstalled in aircraft! Well it seems one of the aircraft came into MCI, the paperwork was reviewed, and on the bottom it stated that that because aa didn't have the tooling, it was outsourcing this work to an outside vender! Well it seems we (TWA) had the same problem with our 747's! We tooled up and did all work in house! Our local management realised that equipmant was still in place here! From what I was told they made TUL aware of the fact that this could be a way to make some serious $$$! Two weeks later, aa came in and dismantaled that equipment! Nothing more was said!!!Go figure!!!!!!! :angry:
[post="279062"][/post]​

That is plain wrong. If skilled AMTs in MCI can do the job... and make money for AA why was this not done? Couldn't the twu do something? Oh, wait. The twu cares about Tulsa only.

• Banned
TWU informer said:
Let me guess.

There was a 5S/CI event done and the tooling was history?
[post="279084"][/post]​
<_< Alright, I'll bight! What is a SS/CI event???

if mci does the job someone wont get thier kickback from the people all ready doing it. any money saved or made by doing the work inhouse wont make it into our pockets anyway. AA will tell you to do the work but do it with the people you all ready have :huh:

Ken MacTiernan said:
That is plain wrong. If skilled AMTs in MCI can do the job... and make money for AA why was this not done? Couldn't the twu do something? Oh, wait. The twu cares about Tulsa only.
[post="279170"][/post]​

Correction: TWU cares ONLY about TWU and the monthly money machine call dues.

What have you done to insure long term survival and the possibility of recalling members back to MCI? It's easy to complainand point fingers,

If you know about a problem that could create work than stand up and do something about it!!! One thing I have learned, Don't stop at the first closed door.

Checking it Out said:
What have you done to insure long term survival and the possibility of recalling members back to MCI? It's easy to complainand point fingers,

If you know about a problem that could create work than stand up and do something about it!!! One thing I have learned, Don't stop at the first closed door.
[post="279481"][/post]​

I believe the membership gave 17.5% - 38% of their wages and benefits!

The TWU creates work by lowering wages and benefits. The members are tired of the concessions why not have those who the members pay dues to do something about it?

• Banned
Checking it Out said:

[post="279481"][/post]​
<_< Check---- Your talking like a man with a paper a$$ hole!( Excuss my Frence!!) I've stuck my neck out a country mile just by saying what I have! This is my way of doing something! That's more than you! Setting on your duff back there nice and comfey with your "protection" and all, and your telling me to get on my white charger and charge into God knows what! What I've brought up here has had to been going on long before this specific incdent! And I'm sure quit a few people have known about it! You want a Crusade? Here's one! Go for it Check!!!! Get a life man! :down:

CIO what have you done to bring back members furloughed in Tulsa? ............NAFT!!!!!!! your nothing more than a company stooge who resides in his masters lap licking up the morsels tossed your way.

Latest posts

Back