ANOTHER "Family Values" REPUBLICAN, Caught with..

So quickly Elliot Spitzer...the Dem bingo of the decade....is off the radar.......and then again Dave

Patterson... Let the blind lead the blind... :lol:

Dude , come to grips.................they're all FU.... :blink:

So quickly Elliot Spitzer...the Dem bingo of the decade....is off the radar.......and then again Dave

Patterson... Let the blind lead the blind... :lol:

Dude , come to grips.................they're all FU.... :blink:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

DELL,
I agree with you...99%.

But there is JUST that one(%) nagging little thing, and thats the HYPOCRACY that the... @#^*+@*..Republicans are ALWAYS running on the "FAMILY VALUES " Mantra !

Hel*...Dems don't bother with that FV crap.

You'd think the GOP would finally figure that WHEN their FV's poster boys FALL, that they fall harder and faster !

Dontcha think that they'd get a somewhat "new" mantra ???

Perhaps the expectations for the family values folks is getting lower. I know when ever I even hear one of those ya-whos mention the term my BS meter pegs itself.

When Nov 2008 rolls by they will have plenty of time to contemplate the error of their ways. The republican party will need to step back and cull the heard. They will need to extricate them selves from the religious fruit cakes. Consign the likes of Rove, Hassert, Lott .. et al to the dust bin and figure out what it is that they want to do. If they get right on it, they should be back in 4 - 8 years.

Keep your eye on the ball. We are discussing the family values crowd getting bit in the ass by their own hypocrisy. The fact that both parties are incompetent and corrupt is not being questioned. The issue is people like Folley, Vitter, Haggerty (not political but a supporter) condemning one sexual act, preference .. etc but committing those same things that they condemn.

I find it all quite entertaining.

While they may both be corrupt, I do find significant differences. One party does not care about my sexual preference. One does not want to shove their preferred religious cult down my throat. One is not as interested in giving tax breaks to those who need them least. One is not inclined to tell me what I may or may not do to my body.

I'll take the crooked dems over the morally hypocritical and crooked repubs any day.

Keep your eye on the ball. We are discussing the family values crowd getting bit in the ass by their own hypocrisy. The fact that both parties are incompetent and corrupt is not being questioned. The issue is people like Folley, Vitter, Haggerty (not political but a supporter) condemning one sexual act, preference .. etc but committing those same things that they condemn.

To 12's defense, there are plenty of Dems and Indies that say one thing (or create a platform on one thing), but do the exact opposite in their personal lives. Sure, it may not be a family value type thing... but, one need not look far down the dem aisle to see hypocrisy. Hypocrisy is detestable in any form, from any party… whether it revolves around "family values" or "reducing your carbon footprint."

To 12's defense, there are plenty of Dems and Indies that say one thing (or create a platform on one thing), but do the exact opposite in their personal lives. Sure, it may not be a family value type thing... but, one need not look far down the dem aisle to see hypocrisy. Hypocrisy is detestable in any form, from any party… whether it revolves around "family values" or "reducing your carbon footprint."
True...but the GOP has run HARD on the God and Gay's platform. Who wanted a constitutional amendment declaring marriage to be between a man and woman? GOP. Who bemoans the decline of American society because of the influence of gays? GOP. Remember when Murphy Brown was a campaign issue because she "glorified" unwed motherhood? I believe that was the GOP. Sure, some dems are hypocrites...but most dems weren't out trying to legislate morality. The GOP was.

Plus the Christian right folks like Roberts and Hagey (or what ever the McCain guys name is) are out there saying that various natural disasters or diseases are punishment from god.

Like KC pointed out, they seem to have a hard on for god and shoving it down everyones throat.

I fully realize that the Dems are hypocritical as well but the GOP seems to have cornered the market on the god crap and taken it to a higher level.

Perhaps the expectations for the family values folks is getting lower. I know when ever I even hear one of those ya-whos mention the term my BS meter pegs itself.

When Nov 2008 rolls by they will have plenty of time to contemplate the error of their ways. The republican party will need to step back and cull the heard. They will need to extricate them selves from the religious fruit cakes. Consign the likes of Rove, Hassert, Lott .. et al to the dust bin and figure out what it is that they want to do. If they get right on it, they should be back in 4 - 8 years.

The religious right is about to become vocal again and hold their party accountable.....stay tuned.

Hey, at this point it's pretty hard to defend the GOP for a plethora of mistakes they've made over the last 6 years. The party has suffered greatly at the hands of politicians that can't seem to practice what they preach. They've paved the way and invited the democrats to take over.... a party that, mind you, was in the proverbial sh!tter at the turn of the century. But even then, when the party was at its worst, democrats stood by their beliefs and held to their ideals. I think the same will remain true for many republicans while the democrats get their crack at running the country for a while. Sadly, what it comes down to is that neither side really has much of a chance of making real change. The system is what is flawed.... political leaders are not accountable, Washington is as corrupt as ever, and you can blame both sides for it. Neither side cares for America, they care only for their own ideal for America, and the advancement of their own personal and political agendas.

I find it all quite entertaining too, Cosworth. Most especially that some people will chose to conveniently ignore an audacious action of one while exploiting the similar action of another, because it supports the argument in their head. Of course, these are the same people that when reminded of, for example, the president receiving oral sex under his desk in the oval office about ten years ago, suddenly change their mind about the importance of moral behavior. It's a double standard, if I've ever seen one. And it's used only as a tool to distract people from the real issues. :down:

The religious right is about to become vocal again and hold their party accountable.....stay tuned.

If the republicans are smart they will not let that happen. Unfortunately this is politics so I think I know the odds of them being smart are. I find it interesting that you used the possessive when referring to the religious right and the republican party.

USAir757,

YOU better be "sitting down",.....................because I agree with your post, in the HIGH 90 percentile ! :shock:

(Believe it or not, I was not "amused" at the antics of one ..WJC) !!!!!!!

But again, the GOP ACTUALLY helped polorize the Issue with Impeachment/ Ken Starr/Heritage foundation/Rutherford group(ALL the usual suspects).

Those F***ING Morons took a lot of the HEAT off of ol' Bill(and his Johnson)

As you correctly said earlier, it WON'T change anyday soon, AND I wish to add, that THE REASON it won't, is because the country was founded under a false doctrine...aka.....MANIFEST DESTINY !

I have VERY close friends(LAKOTA/sioux) in SD.
Despite UNIMAGINABLE hardship/ABUSE at the hands of the US Government, and a Majority of their White "neighbors,..............These Lakota people can Still SMILE and shake their heads in utter DISBELIEF, at the STUPIDITY,.............of a people, who ESCAPED Religious persecution, came here to their homeland, and readily allowed (their) History to repeat itself !!!!!!!!!!!!

So again "757" your right,....................Ain't nothing gonna' change anyday soon !