Another Fine Job By St Mae

PITMTC said:
I consider myself a fair and honest person and will not try to hide the truth so if YOU are going to post thiings then don't be one-way.
Why don't you state who you are and I'll put that out for a vote in pit.

Fair and honest reservoir dogs.

I stated that "I" consider myself a fair and honest person. I am not too interested in what my peers or any other person, for that matter, thinks of me. My identity is not important and the people in PIT are not going to judge me. Furthermore, you WILL find that the result in a vote in PIT would have the same results. :up:

PITMTC said:
I stated that "I" consider myself a fair and honest person. I am not too interested in what my peers or any other person, for that matter, thinks of me. My identity is not important and the people in PIT are not going to judge me. Furthermore, you WILL find that the result in a vote in PIT would have the same results. :up:
I was just informed of your identity and it makes perfect sense. :down:

More from my friend:

Here is another company that's real pleased with ST Mobile Aerospace's quality of work , it's a little known "Air Charter" company called Southeast Airmotive.

Southeast Airmotive was contracted on three consecutive nights to chase 700UW with parts and CLT based IAM mechanics to correct the series of problems that 700UW developed after it's return to revenued service.

Should U try to continue using ST Mobile Aerospace? Southeast Airmotive is just liable to become a publically traded enterprise in place of U itself.

Folks....sure as the sun will come up in the morning , Acft are going to break in some fashion...nonbody but nobodies acft are immune from this fact...yet Mobile's first step to the plate has been proven to be less than satisfactory by any reasonable standards.

3 consecutive days of being chased for added repairs is not common at all....3 additional days of work after three failed days and three worked on nights in the field is not acceptable either.

Then lets look at the fact that many of our Airbus spare parts were being sent to Mobile Al. , and keeping them out of reach for the active fleet needs that develope. I know of at least two circumstances where line/active fleet aircraft were delayed for repairs due to the single fact that the parts were located away from the center of our daily operations. This would not be true if the work was performed in CLT or PIT as the contract indicates it should

Having had the chance to speak with counterparts with our codeshare partner UA , whom also divides part of their outsourcing with ST Mobile Aerospace...they reported a number of Acft diversions after departing Mobile while attempting to re-join the Active fleet. UA has also had expierience with ST Mobile Aerospace being reluctant and difficult when UA requested a return shipment of parts to repair active line Aircraft as well. Remember that these items are owned by the respective airline , NOT ST Mobile Aerospace !!

ST Mobile Aerospace also does not handle logistics as we would enternally...they still need the direct support from the parent airline in which the aircraft came. This I know for certain from having dealt with 700UW....having sold or loaned parts to Air Jamaica (JM) or UA while their Acft were in actual work there.

To act like ST Mobile aerospace is some great bargain when all aspects of this situation is taken into account....it's clearly a "Bean Counters" on paper victory...at the expense of logic ,convienience, quality and most possibly safety?

The last concern is directed at quality itself. During the cock-pit door modifications on all our Airbus acft...and certainly during lessor phase checks on both the narrow body fleet and the A330-300's...corrosion has been discovered in the Forward Lav area...the Seat Tracks and a few other areas...least of all the Main Landing Gear.

We in CLT know how long that took to correct on the A330's....so 13 days in Mobile is not adequate time to address the issues that may have developed on our oldest active Airbus in the entire fleet (700UW)

Issues of corrosion are not new to U's primary market area. During Easterns decline the "Eastern Shuttle" was sold to Donald Trump as many know....Trump was eager to get his name and paint scheme on those B727-200's...in doing so , many were discovered to have massive amounts of corrosion on them...and this lead to 1 in 3 being removed from service and scrapped due to being beyond economical repair. ..this was done in MIA.

Left un-addressed , Over-Looked or even "pencil-whipped"..an alike scenario could easily come to pass down the road with our Acft.

Take this lightly if you choose?...but the issues of today are about the concerns of long-term staying power...if we are to survive as a company?, we will need Acft achieving the longest possible life-span as well....achieving full value out of every dollar needs to be the one and only concern here.

The company wants productivity changes from the employees , right? They want maximum value from us...so why in logical terms should we sell the primary reason for being short either? , That being our aircraft !!!!..they are in fact what we use to hopefully make money with...and as we know replacing them sooner than we need to , or should have too? does not build in long term value or pro-longed viability for the organization as a whole.

Debate if you will?....but think about value and safety as you apply your version of logic and reason to this problem.
Forum: US Airways · Post Preview: #106847

PITMTC...must be you haven't read all the postings that are posted all over the PIT Maint. area and bought into the party line of those postings. Could it be that not ALL the IAM people in PIT don't believe as one like we're led to believe on these boards? Imagine that...freethinking IAM members like PITMTC that don't have to ask what their position is supposed to be from the dues grubbing gestapo. What is the world coming to?

:ph34r:

I find it amusing that the union faithful on this board will bash MAE for "substandard work," yet in the nearly 10 years of flying with US Airways (last five CP), I've been delayed countless times because of mechanical failure. Does this mean all the U mechanics are incompetent? I would think not?

700UW, you need to find a new career!

A320 Driver said:
It was a mistake for 700 to start this thread. It was a bigger mistake for me to respond to it. This is not the time or place to discuss these issues and nothing good will come of any of this. For my part in this, I am deeply sorry. My goal was to calm fears. The result was quite the opposite. This much is true: A/C 704 was a good ship when she was parked in CLT today. I have no knowledge or clue what happened after that.

I'm placing myself in the cornfield for good. You folks have at it. I've had enough.

Over and out.
This has been posted on another thread under the disguise as 320Captain as having said this. I don't know how one goes about transposing quotes and people, but I do not think this is right or fair. 320Pilot did not say this and if I had the where with all to jump over to another thread I would show this, but I do not. Lets be fair and honest.

djlndc said:
I find it amusing that the union faithful on this board will bash MAE for "substandard work," yet in the nearly 10 years of flying with US Airways (last five CP), I've been delayed countless times because of mechanical failure. Does this mean all the U mechanics are incompetent? I would think not?

Read your post, planes breaking in the course of the day is not mechanics fault, but a plane not working properly after comng right out of a heavy check can be!

djlndc said:

Here is their "great" work on a UAL A319

The cause of the slide failing to arm has been found.

There are to catches on the floor of the airplane where the girt bar attatches to so when the door is opened the bar is triggered and the slide delploys.

Seems MAE failed to replace the catches and covered the holes up with PRC. When the old slide was removed it was also found to have been damaged like it was dragged across concrete and the slide mechanism in the door was not hooked up.

FAA has been notified about the lack of quality of work from MAE, that now makes seven airplanes that have had to be reworked due to failures of MAE.